Single-Elimination Tournament and future ISML contests
Yuki
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Eu winning Heavenly Tiara.

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Eliminations Final

Post by Yuki » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 am

pkchan1013 wrote: From my point, I can see some interesting things.
1) At least in this year's postseason, as long as Kanade and Ruri stand on the same side, they NEVER lost.
Perhaps it is mainly resulted that, they are nearly the same person (in some way).
Evidence: Ruri never lost to the people in postseason other than Kanade.
@pkchan Pretty much top 3 Nova all have something in common. KanaHana (Kanade, Kuroneko), white-haired kuudere (Kanade, Eu), occult users of equal strength that are also young, new major contenders to the Stella vets (Eu and Kuroneko)
pkchan1013
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Hanazawa Kana

Post by pkchan1013 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 am

Kordosa wrote:Good: Kanade, Kuroneko, Azusa, and Yui-nyan winning
Bad: Mikoto losing

Folks will probably say that Kuroneko and Yui-nyan got same-seiyuu and same-series boosts from Kanade, but I don't care.
Seiyuu boost and series boost are not necessary bad things (in terms of nature) like folks mentioned.
In fact, they are the best things because they can show
1) how depth you understand the relationship between character, seiyuu and the whole anime
2) the team spirit
ImageImage
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
Worships: Magical girls
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!

Post by CureRainbow » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 am

Congrats to Kanade! She definitely deserved it! And the flower tiara matches the poster~

Well, that's new. Diadems? Loving the Spring one, though I would've preferred Eru... I wonder if there will be one for the Fall and Summer?
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
RedDawningSky
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku
Worships: Kaname Madoka
Wish: Happiness for everyone~

Post by RedDawningSky » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:52 am

Hachiko wrote:Admins, you may want to do something about the servers not responding when I'm logging in here, though. You say the results and tournament is shit, Alex. Try not being able to log into the forums for over an hour due to the servers not responding. THAT is shit.
Yeah, it took me over half an hour to post a comment, and a couple of times the page wouldn't load at all and I had to refresh it. My computer in general can be very slow at times so I wasn't sure if it was just me, but apparently not...

Edit: Also, I liked your interview thing! It was really really cute! :bigsmile:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi

Post by Umi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:08 am

Congrats Kanade! Really happy she won the tiara as well.
Personally I think her poster is the prettiest. <3 I also really like Kuroyukihime's.

Yui, Yuri and Kuroneko won which is good. The other results... not so much.
It's been a great year. I'm looking forward to the bonus tournament!
Gyozora
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by Gyozora » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:21 am

I am glad to see that four thousand more people support Eucliwood
Thank you many much
Otsukaresama!
See you all next year!

Hope Eu bless you all :)
Shadowgui
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet

Post by Shadowgui » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:27 am

As expected, Eu was beaten pretty badly. That's too bad, but I did my part and voted for her anyway! Congrats to Kanade for her win!
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:03 am

Congrats Kanade for winning the Tiara.. Yuu was beaten up pretty badly :(
So many lower rankers manages to defeat the higher rank ^^;
Yay Azunyan and Mio~
Also grats to Ririchiyo-sama and Kuroyukihime for winning the diadems.
Posters were good :bigsmile:

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 am

Congrats to the 2012 International Saimoe League Champion Tachibana Kanade! It's a year later than most expected buta fantastic achievement nonetheless. Only three times this entire year did anyone break 40% on Kanade and no one managed to clear the 45% mark. Kanade was absolutely untouchable from start to finish. For the most part, characters aren't as strong after they win the grand prize. However, considering how much room Kanade has over her opponents, I looked forward to Kanade's attempt to defend her crown next year.

I'm still amazed at how much Eucliwood improved since last year. Was it really just last year that Eucliwood could barely match Yui? Now she was the frontrunner to try and beat Kanade and completely ran over the top end of Stella. I'm not sure how much more material there is in Kore was Zombie, but if she keeps getting new material she may actually win one of these days.

Kuroneko really surprised me with her performances in the post season. Earlier this year she was passed up by Eucliwood for 2nd place in Nova and continued to fall behind into a distant third. In the end she's still third but after she beat Eucliwood back in Elimination 3, she's got a strong case for being the real second strongest this year. OreImo is getting a second season so Kuroneko's future looks good. Like Eucliwood, she too may win top prize someday.

7 6 5 4 so just 3 more years? In previous years I would talk about how amazing Taiga is for continuing to improve despite getting nothing since her series ending ending nearly 4 years ago. However, she did get a new OVA this year. It was barely anything but she used it to put up some big wins on her opponents over the year. Taiga really should be falling in strength but she's been bucking that trend for years. It's not something she can really rely on forever. I'm not sure if she has it in her to win the Tiara but if she wants to avoid Shana's fate, she needs to take first place soon.

In a battle between former champions, Mio was the one that came out on top. As a former champion, she doesn't really have anything left to prove. Her series has ended and chance of a repeat championship are low, but it's good to see she's still got quite a bit of fight left in her even if she's just playing for a high placement.

I had the highest of expectations for Mikoto but she let me down. I guess repeating is harder than I thought it was. She looked so good after winning the Diamond Circlet but completely collapsed after that. It just didn't seem like she was trying anymore after that. Maybe she'll get a kickstart for a new season of Railgun. Like Kanade, I think Mikoto has a chance to repeat someday. However, like Mio, Mikoto doesn't really need to prove anything since she's already won. I guess it's not bad if she just sticks around the high tier without winning again.

Azusa continues to be in Mio's shadow this year. For most of the year, Azusa looked to be the stronger of the two but in the end she couldn't keep up. Since K-On has ended, Azusa should but at her strongest right now. Hopefully she can keep up for a few more years but it's only a matter of time before she starts to fade away.

Yuki bounced back after a pretty lousy postseason last year. She continues to float around the middle of the top tiers. Haruhi material comes out slowly but it shows up eventually. I think Yuki will be able to stay around here for quite a while.

Yui and Yuri end up doing quite well for themselves. Angel Beats ended over 2 years ago now and it's usually the less popular characters that start getting hit by age first. At least for now, these are are among the strongest there are. Hopefully, Kanade's victory doesn't hit them too hard.

What's there to say about Shana that I haven't already? She gets her long awaited final season and plummets in the rankings. There's really nowhere for Shana to go but down from here. After watching Shana get so close so many times, I'm really disappointed to see this is how her last big attempt ends. I still expect Shana to stick around in the top tier for a long time but I fear her days of trying to claim 1st place may be over. I'll be pleasantly surprised if she proves me wrong someday.

Saber had a big upset over Shana early on and nothing to show after that. In the end she even ranks below Shana. I think there's still more Fate stuff that can be animated so Saber should be able to maintain this strength level for a while. She'll have to work hard to keep making the playoffs, though.

Haruhi just wasn't her usual self in the playoffs. Normally she's about as strong as Yuki but she looked significantly weaker in her last few matches. As new Haruhi material comes out, I think Haruhi should still be able to stick around for a while longer but like Saber she needs to work to make the postseason.

Kobato, Kirino and Sena are just happy to be here. These three were a fair bit weaker than everyone else in the combined finals and Sena in particularly just couldn't find the strength she had during the regular season. These three will need a lot of luck if they want to make it back to the combined finals next year (assuming it works like this year).

That's everyone. Congrats again to Kanade on winning and everyone else for making the playoffs!
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
puhantain
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by puhantain » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:12 am

Good Kanade,finally,OMG
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:41 am

pkchan1013 wrote:
Kordosa wrote:Good: Kanade, Kuroneko, Azusa, and Yui-nyan winning
Bad: Mikoto losing

Folks will probably say that Kuroneko and Yui-nyan got same-seiyuu and same-series boosts from Kanade, but I don't care.
Seiyuu boost and series boost are not necessary bad things (in terms of nature) like folks mentioned.
In fact, they are the best things because they can show
1) how depth you understand the relationship between character, seiyuu and the whole anime
2) the team spirit
The "folks" I was referring to are Kugyu fans being sore over Taiga and Shana losing and who would probably blame the same-seiyuu and same-series boosts that Kuroneko and Yui-nyan received.
Oh, and I guess I should have used "people" instead of "folks". I live in the southern US so it's a habit. ^^;
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 am

Okay guys, remember to come back for our male tourney/second half of seasonal tourney on November 27.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Ash Falls Town
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: Sumomo Akihime
Wish: Secret

Post by Ash Falls Town » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:52 am

That's an adorable flower tiara for Kanade.
And I'm impressed with both diadem posters even without knowing Kuroyukihime.

But this means it'll be hard work trying to stop a repeat tiara winner. Even still I'll keep voting for Kanade.
Also I want to apologise to the ISML staff and especially maglor in case my comments in the previous thread caused distress. I was partially joking more serious though but even if I was 100% serious this is your and the international communities tournament and the wishes of one person who can't let go of the past shouldn't hurt that. Thank you for your time.
Okay guys, remember to come back for our male tourney/second half of seasonal tourney on November 27.
Anyway when will exhibition nomination results be released? I'm hopeful at least Wien will make it.
Cross
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Madoka
Wish: me to be in an anime.
All-time Favorite:
Tachibana Kanade

Post by Cross » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:53 am

Congrats, Kanade! :D I was so wrong to think that Eu might do an upset again. I felt sorry for Eu. :( But also happy for her for reaching into the finals.
It was unexpected. She ended up in 12th place last year and now, she's the tiara runner-up.
Maybe having 2 division is a disadvantage to other contestant. Stella contenders didn't know how strong the other Nova contenders are.

Others are unexpected results, though I like it. Tsunderes failed. I like Misaka but I'm happier with Mio winning the match. Congrats, Yui and Ruri. Nice job, Yurippe! :)

Poster reaction: It's good. Though, I expected of Kanade having wings in the poster. An angel is more heavenly, and it much better for the Heavenly Tiara.
Last edited by Cross on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Support ISML + My All-time FavoriteShow
ImageImage
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:00 am

I can't believe I remembered this just now. ^^; Back when me, crossface and Sedon went to this year's Ozine Fest in April, there was this stall/area where you can write a wish on a piece of paper with a string, which you then tie to a bamboo branch (it wasn't exactly a live bamboo plant, but same concept). I wrote a wish on one of those pieces of paper...

And it looks like that wish finally came true today... Kanade winning this year's 2012 Heavenly Tiara. (I've never been this excited since Mio won the Tiara in 2010!)

However, I can't help but wonder if that wish was somehow read by the people attending there? But in any case, to the other 9,063 supporters of Tachibana Kanade, a big "Thank you!" is in order! We did it!!

And yeah, I'll return for the male tourney but for now, gotta finish both seasons of Rinne no Lagrange and watch Skyfall.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Cross
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Madoka
Wish: me to be in an anime.
All-time Favorite:
Tachibana Kanade

Post by Cross » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:53 am

Kanade matched the 3-awards-in-a-year of Shana in 2010. Though the difference is Kanade got the tiara and Shana didn't. :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Support ISML + My All-time FavoriteShow
ImageImage
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:05 pm

I like the fact that Mio and Azusa both chalked up 6820 votes each despite not everyone having voted both characters. The miracle of plus and minuses. =)
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Congrats to Tachibana Kanade for winning the tiara.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 pm

(Decided to wait until now to comment since it was too busy at results time.)

- Kanade wins, good result
- Ruri wins, Excellent results. Maybe she will get her chance next year.
- Nice wins for Azusa, but kind of surprised that Mio won over Mikoto.
- Yuri won again against Saber, very good. But very susprised that Yui-nyan won against Shana. Still thinking excellent result as well.
- Ririchiyo and KuroYukiHime win their matches. Awesome as well.
- In total, only one favorite lost, but it was against another favorite so excellent results overall.
Hetaliafan09
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Worships: Gilgamesh
Wish: Become a member of the Straw Hat crew.

Post by Hetaliafan09 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Okay now that that's over, I'm ready for that man tournament.

Oh baby.