DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Eliminations Final

Post by DurianDude » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 am

Well that sucked. What poop results. I will now antivote the crap out of Tenshi to avoid her winning again.
Fire Sisters!Show
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:15 am

so...looks like a slew of Shana and Mikoto fans went home already. 17260 in 2011, and 14198 in 2012. Fewer votes in the semis than in the quarters as well. I think maglor hit the nail on the head in his post. Looks like Mikoto fans are similar to Shana as well.

Back on track though, congrats to Kanade. That was pretty brutal. That poster is awesome though :bigsmile:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:21 am

EDIT: (I picked this victory theme since Kanade = "cutest Protoss Zealot.")

YES! YES! YES!:
- Kanade winning the 2012 Heavenly Tiara.
- Kuroneko winning over Taiga.
- Mio winning over Mikoto.
- Azusa winning over Yuki.
- Yui winning over Shana.
- Yuri winning over Saber.
- Rakka winning her EX match.

NO! NO! NO!:
- Eru losing to Kuroyukihime.
- Tsukihi losing to Ririchiyo.
Last edited by Elvinsky on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 am

P.S.

I looovveeee Ririchiyo's posterrr<333333333333 >/////<

And Kuroyukihime's and Tenshi's are magnificent as well. Wonderful job, you guys!<3
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:24 am

The story of Shana's careerShow
Grish
[Erithacus rubecula]
[Erithacus rubecula]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: birds
Melon Pan: 101
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2019 Female Favorite: Uraraka Ochako
2019 Male Favorite: Edward Elric
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck

Post by Grish » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:30 am

Kanade and Rakka <3 Congratulations to my dear angelic ones! :>
MALTumblr
RedDawningSky
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku
Worships: Kaname Madoka
Wish: Happiness for everyone~

Post by RedDawningSky » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:33 am

WE DID IT, GUYS. WE CLIMBED THAT WHOLE DAMN MOUNTAIN.

I just - I'm so happy omg she finally did it ahahahahaha!! :biggrin:

anD THAT SCORE DIFFERENCE OMG i'm almost crying, that's - that's - kanade. You have two perfect seasons and two necklaces and the circlet and the tiara. More than doubling your opponent's score was not necessary to prove yourself. jgir;aejgir;ae

Just...omg. YES. YES TO THE WORLD. <3<3<3<3

On other notes: OMG THAT POSTER IS BEAUTIFUL. <3 And it looks like Taiga really will be fulfilling her tradition of a gradually escalating final ranking after all! Yay for Kuroneko getting into third place! (Same as last year, IIRC?)

Wow...what a fun year! Can't wait until the exhibition! :smile:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Darth Blitzer
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: KyoAni Empire
Wish: Patrolling the Ohio wasteland almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Post by Darth Blitzer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:34 am

And thus it ends

Not the most exciting final or year, but not surprising in the least, 2012 can be considered good old fashioned Revanchism for the way last year ended.

Now hopefully with that satiated we can get a stronger new character field next year and get back to a more competitive field (though i should doubt such foolish optimism)
ETERNAL LURKER who rarely posts now sometimes posts, maybe
Politics, Religion, and Moé
"I remember when ISML was good"
"ISML has never been good"
Tenshiholic
Dojikko
Dojikko
Worships: Hanazawa Kana
Wish: A world of peace!

Post by Tenshiholic » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:48 am

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN TENSHI!!! Finally it's time to celebrate!!! Good job Yui, adding salt on Shana's wound!
Kanade thus became the very first girl who had a completely undefeat isml season that includes playoff
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 am

Final Standing : 최종순위

1st : Tachibana Kanade 카나데
2nd : Eucliwood Hellscythe 유우클리우드
3rd: Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) 쿠로네코
4th : Aisaka Taiga 타이가
5th : Akiyama Mio 미오
6th : Misaka Mikoto 미코토
7th : Nakano Azusa 아즈사
8th : Nagato Yuki 유키
9th : Yui 유이냥
10th : Shana 샤나
11th : Nakamura Yuri 나카무라 유리
12th : Saber 세이버
13th : Suzumiya Haruhi 하루히
14th : Hasegawa Kobato 코바토
15th : Kōsaka Kirino 키리노
16th : Kashiwazaki Sena 카시와자키 세나

How should we analyze the strength level of 2012 Nova and Stella ?
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:06 am

gg

Stella really derped this year, though I have lots of favorites in Nova too (including Kanade) so it's all fine in the end.
SpoilerShow
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:12 am

Like Saki, Kanade finally grasps her deserved title. It's not lost again.

Now take a rest and prepare for next battle.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
Athalon
School nurse
School nurse
Worships: No one
Wish: More CPU-Z and GPU-Z data
*Staring @ Hot Kurumi's 0.1cm thin strap*
*Criticizing Maki's non-existent cleavage with a red pointed stick*

Post by Athalon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:16 am

I c Tenshi has won...WOOT FOR TENSHI!!!!
*Looks @ Tiara poster*
Would have wished for a hotter image, something like Aquamarine Me Gusta!
Another year, another dollar and a half.
Want to say is a great year, but here and personally it has been.......rough and bleh...
Hope the next year will be better, ISML or personal life

Cheers.
實行「命運計畫」締造世界的「傳說」。
Initiate the "Destiny Plan", to create the world's new "legend"

SpoilerShow
Thanks to Nirvaxstiel and Injection (MAL) for this pro sig.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:17 am

oh, okay...congrats.

All the other arenas were so much more exciting (as expected).
And Kugi gets completely shutout!
spoiler alert :3
Rated R Amu Chan
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku
Worships: Mizore Shirayuki
Wish: Which Mizore Shirayuki will enter to Kugimiya Dragon Knights as 7th Knight - The Ice Queen

Post by Rated R Amu Chan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:23 am

we are watch history the first undefeated ISML has como her name is Kanade Tachibana, she has dominated every match without problems, this is a begining of an new era in ISML? is Kanade the most dominant girl on competition? only the time said it, but for now, CONGARTZ TO KANADE TACHIBANA THE UNDEFEATED 2012 ISML CHAMPION!! GOD SAVE THE TENSHI!! we see you at 2013 (even no mattering what write the Mayan phofecy)
Yuki
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Wish: Eu winning Heavenly Tiara.

Post by Yuki » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:24 am

Grats to Kanade, though it was obvious that this year was Kanade's year to win. After being upset last year, it just wasn't going to happen again, especially with stronger raw power, situational favor (people really believed Kanade deserved the tiara with her perfect record this year), better results both against Eu and other similar-level characters (Eu being around Kuroneko's level due to Eu vs Kuroneko results), and even an advantage in vote split for people who preferred the same type of character since they were both white haired kuuderes (so no KanaHana/Kuudere vs Kugimiya Rie/Tsunderes).

Hopefully now we can have a less obvious tiara winner next year now that Kanade has won hers. Also Kanade will be in Stella, so Nova should be more interesting. I'm still happy Eu reached 2nd place though.
Last edited by Yuki on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
YagamiHayate
Combat butler
Combat butler
Badges:

Post by YagamiHayate » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:27 am

Congrats to Tenshi. So in the end, no-one could get closer to her during postseason than Kobato haha.
I'm definitely looking forward to the other two seasonal tournaments coming up in the bonus exhibition. Should be interesting since I think the top Nova girls for next year will be coming from Summer and Autumn rather than Winter and Spring.
pkchan1013
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Hanazawa Kana

Post by pkchan1013 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:27 am

Elvinsky wrote:

YES! YES! YES!:
- Kanade winning the 2012 Heavenly Tiara.
- Kuroneko winning over Taiga.
- Mio winning over Mikoto.
- Azusa winning over Yuki.
- Yui winning over Shana.
Similar as you, anyway
Kanade winning the 2012 Heavenly Tiara!!! So good!
Last edited by pkchan1013 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:28 am

Good: Kanade, Kuroneko, Azusa, and Yui-nyan winning
Bad: Mikoto losing

Congratulations to Kanade for graduating from the Nova division. Welcome to the Stella division.

Folks will probably say that Kuroneko and Yui-nyan got same-seiyuu and same-series boosts from Kanade, but I don't care. Yui-nyan beat Shana. :D

Nice job on the posters, too (although I probably wouldn't have been able to tell that was Kuroyukihime if her poster wasn't labeled as such...).
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 am

This just in...Obama will win reelection. You heard it first. Admins, you may want to do something about the servers not responding when I'm logging in here, though. You say the results and tournament is shit, Alex. Try not being able to log into the forums for over an hour due to the servers not responding. THAT is shit.
SpoilerShow

Brian Griffin: That was Faze to Love by Miyuki Hashimoto from her 2006 album "Lovey-Dovey." I'm Brian Griffin and in this midnight edition of the Lunch Hour, back on the menu for the final time this year is the International Saimoe League and the fifth winner of the Heavenly Tiara is Kanade Tachibana, who is with us here on the Lunch Hour. Kanade, welcome to the program.

Kanade: Good afternoon here in Tokyo, Brian. It's a pleasure to be here once again.

Brian: A pleasure to have you, dear leader of the Free Moe World. Well, are you satisfied yet?

Kanade: More than. I never thought I would see the day that I would be named the winner of this Heavenly Tiara, but...it has finally come. I was in tears, hugging Yuzuru when it happened. I can now say that I have accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish in my Saimoe career. And now everything will be a bonus.

Brian: When Eucliwood Hellscythe spoke to you over the phone telling you she conceded, what were your thoughts?

Kanade: At least I didn't die again. *laughter* No, actually she didn't feel bad at all because she didn't expect to get this far and finish runner-up in this thing. We had a chat about the race and about the future and that was that. Eu's a cool person to be with, and it was an honor to have faced him in this final race.

Brian: It's a party down at SSS headquarters, with Yuri Nakamura and Yui also picking up victories. A clean sweep for Angel Beats. What do you think of that?

Kanade: It's a bonus. Yurippe and Yui were in tears when they found out that they also won their final matches. It's been a blessed day for all of us, and I think the voters smiled at the legacy we left, the message we sent. Truly, this will go down as the best day ever in our lives. We will never forget October 30, 2012. No one here will.

Brian: What does your husband Yuzuru Otonashi think of this victory?

Kanade: He was crying too. He whispered to me: "I knew I made the right choice when I wanted you to be my wife." And we shared a long kiss and then I spoke to everyone at the rally. Our two-year old son was sleeping, so he couldn't get to see us celebrating. I think Yuzuki is going to be happy when he finds out his mother is the Leader of the Free saimoe World. Or maybe he won't care because he still thinks of me as Mom.

Brian: The three of you make a wonderful family, for sure. Let's talk a little bit about the Korea tournament. We know that Hitagi Senjougahara is now the Moe President for the Republic of Korea but there has been talk that next year's elections will possibly have an overhaul in terms of the layout. What do you think?

Kanade: I think free and fair elections are a wonderful thing, and for the committee there to change something that isn't broken is a clear sign of disrespect to the process of finding who is most moe. It's a process that is unnecessary, and I hope the committee in Korea will have a change of heart and stay the course. I talked with Hitagi last week about the plans she has for leading that country and they are big plans. She wants to help continue the legacy Homura left this year but accelerated a little bit. I think Hitagi is going to make a great Moe President of Korea and I wish her all the best.

Brian: Kanade Tachibana, the fifth winner of the International Saimoe League, is here with us. Kanade, there is only one tournament remaining and that is the 2channel Anime Saimoe Tournament, where the Saimoe Prime Minister of Japan is going to be elected. And it will go to a representative from the Saki Party. What are your thoughts on the story down there?

Kanade: First off, congratulation to Saki for finally breaking through and make it their year in Japan. However, commiserations must go to the other competitors that were left in the dust. It's not right that the number of voters in that contest has to dwindle due to IP bands. You can never get rid of multiple voting, no matter how hard you try. The world should be allowed to vote in a contest of 2channel's prestige. To limit the votership destroys credibility and really calls into question the leadership of the people at 2channel, who should know better in terms of organizing this tournament. My pick to win this all is Toki Onjouji over Kuro Matsumi. I talked with Toki two hours ago from her hospital bed and I told her to hang in there because she will get through her situation. It's great to see that she is recovering, if slowly.

Brian: Your thoughts on the Diadem winners: Ririchiyo Shirakiin and Kuroyukihime?

Kanade: These are two friends of mine that will get it done next year. If I don't get assigned to the Stella Division next season, I expect to give both of them a stern challenge because I want to take on the best moekkos out there. Hime and Chiyo have a huge upswing and I can't wait to face them, if it is possible.

Brian: Finally, any message you want to give the fans out here in America?

Kanade: Thank you for your support throughout this campaign. I hope to represent everything great about the world and I look forward to taking part in this competition next year. And to the people on the East Coast, please stay safe and dry. My heart goes out to all of you out there. Take care of yourselves. I love you all, from the bottom of my heart.

Brian: Kanade Tachibana, our 2012 International Saimoe League champion. Thank you for stopping by.

Kanade: Any time. I look forward to talking to you again soon.

Brian: Up next, we talk about the storm that has been ravaging the East Coast and left destruction in its wake, Superstorm Sandy. This is the Lunch Hour on 97.1 WQHG, and if you want seconds, don't go anywhere...
Last edited by Hachiko on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.