Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ティエリア・アーデ, ダークライ,天ノ川 きらら,紅城 トワ
Melon Pan: 201
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Yazawa Nico
2017 Male Favorite: Reigen Arataka
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Elimination 5

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:32 am

LOveLive! wrote:I'll bet Mashiro will be the only Nova survivor of the quarter-finalers...
Yep.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage
Melon Pan: 50

Post by Jiharo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:36 am

Am happy with the results. Not too shabby.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:55 am

Interesting results, to say the least.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:04 am

KholdStare88 wrote:lol leanan-sidhe effect strikes again
Leanan-sidhe whatnow? :\
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Alexander
Translator
Translator
Badges:
Melon Pan: 92
Wish: It's a secret

Post by Alexander » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:17 am

Shit results.
ImageImage
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:42 am

Nova finally meets Stella in matches that matter and largely it's not pretty for Nova. Kobato, Sena and Asuna all did worse than I expected. This suggests I may have overrated everyone in Nova relative to Stella since there are very few matches to keep my stats from the two divisions in sync. While Azusa over Asuna looks like a big upset, it may have been unreasonable to expect that much from Asuna to begin with. It's not all bad news for Nova. Mashiro looked great. At the end of the Nova Circlet tournament, Mashiro put up a big win on Rikka. It seems to have been a boost that stuck around so even if she was originally overrated, she's now actually ranked higher than ever. She might be unrallied Mikoto level or maybe even a bit better than that. However, 59% on Kirino are far from what she needed to look like she could fight Kuroneko and Kanade. Kirino honestly hasn't had a single good match since the post season started. She nearly lost to Shana and got killed by Kanade (Kanade got 68%!). If this is a Kirino that's weaker than the Kirino at the end of the regular season, Mashiro doing so well doesn't look as good. She looks like she'll be strong enough to get past Eucliwood, though. Mashiro got 59.1% on Rikka. Mashiro got 59.1% on Kirino. Rikka vs Ayase will be very interesting.

Expected performances by Kanata and Maria. Neither look like an regular season candidate, though. Anko looks pretty good. Maybe she's not that much weaker than Tamako if at all. Athena likely missed her prime by a few years. She might be stronger than Maria but that's not saying much these days. It's too bad considering how much hype I've heard about her over the years. Shokuhou Misaki is very strong for a character with about 3 minutes of screentime. Does she even meet the notability requirements? In any case, I'm looking forward to her future role in the series considering how popular she seems to be.
Elvinsky wrote:
She's from Shakugan no Shana.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Worships: Yaya, Asseylum, Hestia, Nao, Rory, Albedo and Stella Vermillion
Melon Pan: 45
2017 Female Favorite: Stella Vermillion
2017 Male Favorite: Kurogane Ikki
Wish: To let Subaru fans, Corvette and Camaro fans and Can-Am Spyder fans support Yaya to win the Heavenly Tiara and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Post by RichardJoash » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:55 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote:Nova finally meets Stella in matches that matter and largely it's not pretty for Nova. Kobato, Sena and Asuna all did worse than I expected. This suggests I may have overrated everyone in Nova relative to Stella since there are very few matches to keep my stats from the two divisions in sync. While Azusa over Asuna looks like a big upset, it may have been unreasonable to expect that much from Asuna to begin with. It's not all bad news for Nova. Mashiro looked great. At the end of the Nova Circlet tournament, Mashiro put up a big win on Rikka. It seems to have been a boost that stuck around so even if she was originally overrated, she's now actually ranked higher than ever. She might be unrallied Mikoto level or maybe even a bit better than that. However, 59% on Kirino are far from what she needed to look like she could fight Kuroneko and Kanade. Kirino honestly hasn't had a single good match since the post season started. She nearly lost to Shana and got killed by Kanade (Kanade got 68%!). If this is a Kirino that's weaker than the Kirino at the end of the regular season, Mashiro doing so well doesn't look as good. She looks like she'll be strong enough to get past Eucliwood, though. Mashiro got 59.1% on Rikka. Mashiro got 59.1% on Kirino. Rikka vs Ayase will be very interesting.

Expected performances by Kanata and Maria. Neither look like an regular season candidate, though. Anko looks pretty good. Maybe she's not that much weaker than Tamako if at all. Athena likely missed her prime by a few years. She might be stronger than Maria but that's not saying much these days. It's too bad considering how much hype I've heard about her over the years. Shokuhou Misaki is very strong for a character with about 3 minutes of screentime. Does she even meet the notability requirements? In any case, I'm looking forward to her future role in the series considering how popular she seems to be.
Elvinsky wrote:
She's from Shakugan no Shana.

as I said before, I represent my support for Asuna and also I have support as a Tesla Motors Fan since 2012. I believe Asuna will win the Tiara by next year
Kono Hoshi o Nameru na yo! Image Sankyuu, Hikarin!
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:58 am

azucat <3 shiina <3
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:17 am

I think you're underestimating the influence of the railgun manga on this one. We're not really in the same case as leanan-sidhe. Shokuhou is currently at her pick of popularity on raildex boards because she started to appear in amost every raildex media this past year. This will probably go down after a while, but with the heavy focus that this character has received in the railgun manga this year (flashback, hints about her past relationship with touma, and so on), that name is almost in everyone 's mouth lately. One of the most favored shipping of raildex is currently shokuhou/touma (maybe even second currently right after misaka/touma after the last railgun chapter and the 7th NT novel), she's one of the most cited character as the "hottest in raildex", and so on.
While I agree that there's some " leanan-sidhe effect" in all those votes, I also think that a lot of people jumped on the possibility to vote for a character that has received lot of attention in the manga but has yet to really appear in the anime.

Also, not surprised by Azusa>Asuna. This is nowhere near an upset considering how weak is nova this year.
Keima
Salamander
Salamander
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
2017 Female Favorite: Isla
2017 Male Favorite: Katsuragi Keima
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Post by Keima » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:37 am

For matches 1, 3, 4, 7, & 10 I'm quite happy with the results (in particular match 4 - I've always known Asuna was just riding the SAO popularity bandwagon more than anything, & this loss proves that for me). Match 9 I couldn't give a shit about so meh. And I can live with Maria beating out Haraki, and I really didn't expect much from the RDG, and I'm OK with Natsuki coming in last behind Anko & Umi.

But the Full Metal Necromancer losing to Eu? MAN, FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Worships: Yaya, Asseylum, Hestia, Nao, Rory, Albedo and Stella Vermillion
Melon Pan: 45
2017 Female Favorite: Stella Vermillion
2017 Male Favorite: Kurogane Ikki
Wish: To let Subaru fans, Corvette and Camaro fans and Can-Am Spyder fans support Yaya to win the Heavenly Tiara and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Post by RichardJoash » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:43 am

Keima wrote:For matches 1, 3, 4, 7, & 10 I'm quite happy with the results (in particular match 4 - I've always known Asuna was just riding the SAO popularity bandwagon more than anything, & this loss proves that for me). Match 9 I couldn't give a shit about so meh. And I can live with Maria beating out Haraki, and I really didn't expect much from the RDG, and I'm OK with Natsuki coming in last behind Anko & Umi.

"in particular match 4 - I've always known Asuna was just riding the SAO popularity bandwagon more than anything, & this loss proves that for me"

For me, I am biased with Asuna because of one thing: Tesla Motors and this loss means nothing to me. Also, Asuna SHOULD win the tiara for next year.
Kono Hoshi o Nameru na yo! Image Sankyuu, Hikarin!
Keima
Salamander
Salamander
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
2017 Female Favorite: Isla
2017 Male Favorite: Katsuragi Keima
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Post by Keima » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:49 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote: Kirino honestly hasn't had a single good match since the post season started. She nearly lost to Shana and got killed by Kanade (Kanade got 68%!). If this is a Kirino that's weaker than the Kirino at the end of the regular season, Mashiro doing so well doesn't look as good.
I'm guessing that clusterfuck of an ending for the sequel to Oreimo (those last 3 OVA's) may have a lot to do with Kirino's fading popularity all of a sudden. Some peeps like myself
SpoilerShow
and I imagine a lot of the Kuroneko fans
are especially upset about the route that they ended up going with. Man, I hate that show so much now.
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Watashi
Wish: [email protected] 2011 characters

Post by Progeusz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:49 am

Woohoo, nice one, Azusa!
Also gratulations to Eucliwood for good win and to Kuroneko for amazing 69,67%. Mashiro looks like she did well but I doubt she'll be any danger to Tenshi and Kuroneko. Today showed how big the difference is between nova and Stella - theoretically Mashiro's and Ruri's matches should be similar, not to mention Asuna winning along Eu.
Too bad about A-tan, if only JC Staff made the anime soon after second season... Why did it have to be so long? Why did the franchise have to go in hands of absolutely terrible Manglobe which only knows how to make TWGOK properly? Such a shame, she's really unlucky, only people reading the manga will know her greatness.

Next Round is going to be interesting, will Kanade mange to pull off 70% against Nova or fall short of it like her dark rival? Will Taiga follow in Azusa's steps? What about Ayase, lately doing much better than expected? How much will she scare Rikka?
I want to live in alternate universe where Chihaya wins her match. What is Mizuho doing here, she' like, 11 years old?
Keima wrote:are especially upset about the route that they ended up going with. Man, I hate that show so much now.
SpoilerShow
Have you even read the title of this anime? ;)
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:16 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote: Shokuhou Misaki is very strong for a character with about 3 minutes of screentime. Does she even meet the notability requirements? In any case, I'm looking forward to her future role in the series considering how popular she seems to be.
In end, I thought she barely met the requirement, because that 3 minutes was rather intense in many ways. When I factor that with all the future role she can get and all the nominations for her, I thought it was better to let her be eligible. Her next set of opponents will be much tougher. We will have much better idea about her strength from the next match.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:17 pm

RichardJoash wrote:
Keima wrote:For matches 1, 3, 4, 7, & 10 I'm quite happy with the results (in particular match 4 - I've always known Asuna was just riding the SAO popularity bandwagon more than anything, & this loss proves that for me). Match 9 I couldn't give a shit about so meh. And I can live with Maria beating out Haraki, and I really didn't expect much from the RDG, and I'm OK with Natsuki coming in last behind Anko & Umi.

"in particular match 4 - I've always known Asuna was just riding the SAO popularity bandwagon more than anything, & this loss proves that for me"

For me, I am biased with Asuna because of one thing: Tesla Motors and this loss means nothing to me. Also, Asuna SHOULD win the tiara for next year.
SHOULD? Hell no. What makes you think that she'll win next year? Either you're a diehard fan(not surprised at all considering how mainstream SAO is) or you're just naive. To discount others is the last thing you wanna avoid fanboy.
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Wish: Love & Peace

Post by Sphire » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Damn, horrible performance by Nova save Mashiro. If Asuna can't beat Azusa, no way is any Nova character bursting through Stella top 5, let alone Kuroneko or Kanade. It's very likely that Stella will win all matches in the next round. Kuroneko puts a massive beat down on Sena, a character that Nova's top dogs couldn't do more than 2000 on I believe (and I feel like I'm being generous there). Mashiro does good, but the other performances put it into perspective. She'll have a hard time facing Eucliwood.

Hard to comment on exhibition since character strength is unknown, but happy to see Suzuno win. HnG is just drowning. Misaki is a weird case, but then again I don't think her opponents were that strong anyway.
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Sphire wrote:Damn, horrible performance by Nova save Mashiro. If Asuna can't beat Azusa, no way is any Nova character bursting through Stella top 5, let alone Kuroneko or Kanade. It's very likely that Stella will win all matches in the next round. Kuroneko puts a massive beat down on Sena, a character that Nova's top dogs couldn't do more than 2000 on I believe (and I feel like I'm being generous there). Mashiro does good, but the other performances put it into perspective. She'll have a hard time facing Eucliwood.

Hard to comment on exhibition since character strength is unknown, but happy to see Suzuno win. HnG is just drowning. Misaki is a weird case, but then again I don't think her opponents were that strong anyway.
Last year's Tiara winner was from Nova. What makes you think Nova cannot win again?
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Wish: Love & Peace

Post by Sphire » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Jiharo wrote:
Sphire wrote:Damn, horrible performance by Nova save Mashiro. If Asuna can't beat Azusa, no way is any Nova character bursting through Stella top 5, let alone Kuroneko or Kanade. It's very likely that Stella will win all matches in the next round. Kuroneko puts a massive beat down on Sena, a character that Nova's top dogs couldn't do more than 2000 on I believe (and I feel like I'm being generous there). Mashiro does good, but the other performances put it into perspective. She'll have a hard time facing Eucliwood.

Last year's Tiara winner was from Nova. What makes you think Nova cannot win again?
Kanade? That character who already dominated in 2011, and continued to do so in 2012? Massive difference in my eyes. Plus, I'm going on current results, not past results that are so different. Can Nova win? Sure, Mashiro has a shot. It's just massively unlikely now.
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
YagamiHayate
Combat butler
Combat butler
Badges:

Post by YagamiHayate » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Many people actually nominated Misaki to be in this exhibition tournament though. Not only that there are way more people who have read the Railgun manga (in which she has a major role) compared to people who have read the Shakugan no Shana light novels. Hell, just do a google image search and you'll see how popular Misaki actually is (you can try google image search for leanan-sidhe as well - results are rather ???).
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Sphire wrote:
Jiharo wrote:

Kanade? That character who already dominated in 2011, and continued to do so in 2012? Massive difference in my eyes. Plus, I'm going on current results, not past results that are so different. Can Nova win? Sure, Mashiro has a shot. It's just massively unlikely now.
Well still I won't count her out though. Mind you she is the only one who haven't drop a single match yet. Ruri already dropped a match so counting her out too early is kinda bad I guess.