Intelligent device
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To go to heaven

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Elimination 5

Post by loudmouth » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Jiharo wrote:
Sphire wrote:
Jiharo wrote:
Sphire wrote:Damn, horrible performance by Nova save Mashiro. If Asuna can't beat Azusa, no way is any Nova character bursting through Stella top 5, let alone Kuroneko or Kanade. It's very likely that Stella will win all matches in the next round. Kuroneko puts a massive beat down on Sena, a character that Nova's top dogs couldn't do more than 2000 on I believe (and I feel like I'm being generous there). Mashiro does good, but the other performances put it into perspective. She'll have a hard time facing Eucliwood.

Hard to comment on exhibition since character strength is unknown, but happy to see Suzuno win. HnG is just drowning. Misaki is a weird case, but then again I don't think her opponents were that strong anyway.
Last year's Tiara winner was from Nova. What makes you think Nova cannot win again?
Kanade? That character who already dominated in 2011, and continued to do so in 2012? Massive difference in my eyes. Plus, I'm going on current results, not past results that are so different. Can Nova win? Sure, Mashiro has a shot. It's just massively unlikely now.
Well still I won't count her out though. Mind you she is the only one who haven't drop a single match yet. Ruri already dropped a match so counting her out too early is kinda bad I guess.
I do think Mashiro has a better chance at doing well in the future than any other Nova contestant, however the fact that she hasn't lost yet can also be due to the fact that her opponents were weaker. I don't think Mashiro is weak, but don't get your hopes up. Eucliwood is quite strong as well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Wish: Love & Peace

Post by Sphire » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:56 pm

loudmouth wrote:
Jiharo wrote:
Sphire wrote:
Jiharo wrote:
Sphire wrote:Damn, horrible performance by Nova save Mashiro. If Asuna can't beat Azusa, no way is any Nova character bursting through Stella top 5, let alone Kuroneko or Kanade. It's very likely that Stella will win all matches in the next round. Kuroneko puts a massive beat down on Sena, a character that Nova's top dogs couldn't do more than 2000 on I believe (and I feel like I'm being generous there). Mashiro does good, but the other performances put it into perspective. She'll have a hard time facing Eucliwood.

Hard to comment on exhibition since character strength is unknown, but happy to see Suzuno win. HnG is just drowning. Misaki is a weird case, but then again I don't think her opponents were that strong anyway.
Last year's Tiara winner was from Nova. What makes you think Nova cannot win again?
Kanade? That character who already dominated in 2011, and continued to do so in 2012? Massive difference in my eyes. Plus, I'm going on current results, not past results that are so different. Can Nova win? Sure, Mashiro has a shot. It's just massively unlikely now.
Well still I won't count her out though. Mind you she is the only one who haven't drop a single match yet. Ruri already dropped a match so counting her out too early is kinda bad I guess.
I do think Mashiro has a better chance at doing well in the future than any other Nova contestant, however the fact that she hasn't lost yet can also be due to the fact that her opponents were weaker. I don't think Mashiro is weak, but don't get your hopes up. Eucliwood is quite strong as well.
I think Rikka has a chance at outdoing Mashiro, but only because she has a confirmed second season coming. Rikka's already somewhat strong now, so imagine another boost akin to what Kuroneko and Ayase got this year. It of course will depend on the content, and whether other current Nova's get sequels and so on, but there's a fair chance Rikka could outperform Mashiro in the future.

Unless the ISML = kuudere notion remains.
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:32 pm

Azusa won
Yay, one of my goddess-tiers is still alive here. Doubt the other one will survive though, facing a previous tiara-holder.

Maria won her match
Alice did pretty badly in hers, considering she's ranked above everyone but Hina-chan in the manga
arena 10 was actually a fairly level playing field, Robin did better than the third placers and almost reached the level of second if she'd been in other arenas.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:11 am

Bastion wrote:Azusa won
Yay, one of my goddess-tiers is still alive here. Doubt the other one will survive though, facing a previous tiara-holder.

Maria won her match
Alice did pretty badly in hers, considering she's ranked above everyone but Hina-chan in the manga
arena 10 was actually a fairly level playing field, Robin did better than the third placers and almost reached the level of second if she'd been in other arenas.
Good enough to make the results pleasant.
Keima
Salamander
Salamander
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
2017 Female Favorite: Isla
2017 Male Favorite: Katsuragi Keima
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Post by Keima » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:40 am

Progeusz wrote:
Keima wrote:are especially upset about the route that they ended up going with. Man, I hate that show so much now.
SpoilerShow
Have you even read the title of this anime? ;)
Yes, but me and many others interpreted it differently (more like "I can't believe so many other people think my little sister is that cute" or some similar wording). Call me weird, but that's what I was thinking throughout the show.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Keima wrote:
Progeusz wrote:
Keima wrote:are especially upset about the route that they ended up going with. Man, I hate that show so much now.
SpoilerShow
Yes, but me and many others interpreted it differently (more like "I can't believe so many other people think my little sister is that cute" or some similar wording). Call me weird, but that's what I was thinking throughout the show.
I HATE IT TOO.

The moment they end their "relationship" I wanna kill Kyousuke for rejecting Ruri AND Ayase. Poor girls....
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Watashi
Wish: [email protected] 2011 characters

Post by Progeusz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Keima wrote:
Progeusz wrote:
SpoilerShow
Well, you have a point there but it leads to general conclusion:
SpoilerShow
character named/mentioned/described in the title wins, no matter what else is there. Further strengthened by "first girl wins". I wish more shows went against this trope -_-
However, OreImo hasn't left me disappointed because even though I like other girls more than Kirino (she got somewhat better too), it's hard to not applaud the author's guts for sticking with the incest end, even if it was rather mild. Hopefully it will affect whole M&A industry positively.
Should we even spoiler it now?
Asuna
Alchemist
Alchemist
Worships: Kamineko

Post by Asuna » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Bittersweet result. I'm obviously sad Asuna lost the circlet and is now out for the tiara, but at least she fell to Azusa.

Azusa probably won't make it through this round but if Ruri can follow up her circlet with a tiara, it would be the next best thing.
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Worships: Yaya, Asseylum, Hestia, Nao, Rory, Albedo and Stella Vermillion
Melon Pan: 45
2017 Female Favorite: Stella Vermillion
2017 Male Favorite: Kurogane Ikki
Wish: To let Subaru fans, Corvette and Camaro fans and Can-Am Spyder fans support Yaya to win the Heavenly Tiara and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Post by RichardJoash » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Asuna wrote:Bittersweet result. I'm obviously sad Asuna lost the circlet and is now out for the tiara, but at least she fell to Azusa.

Azusa probably won't make it through this round but if Ruri can follow up her circlet with a tiara, it would be the next best thing.

I understand that, so from now on, I will stick with any character until Asuna will win and SHOULD win by next year and the next decade all for the name of Tesla Motors.

P.S. have you ever heard of Tesla Motors yet? ^^;
Kono Hoshi o Nameru na yo! Image Sankyuu, Hikarin!
RichardJoash
~Eye of Twilight~
~Eye of Twilight~
Badges:
Worships: Yaya, Asseylum, Hestia, Nao, Rory, Albedo and Stella Vermillion
Melon Pan: 45
2017 Female Favorite: Stella Vermillion
2017 Male Favorite: Kurogane Ikki
Wish: To let Subaru fans, Corvette and Camaro fans and Can-Am Spyder fans support Yaya to win the Heavenly Tiara and get those Turkeys off the Thanksgiving Menu

Post by RichardJoash » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Jiharo wrote:
RichardJoash wrote:
Keima wrote:For matches 1, 3, 4, 7, & 10 I'm quite happy with the results (in particular match 4 - I've always known Asuna was just riding the SAO popularity bandwagon more than anything, & this loss proves that for me). Match 9 I couldn't give a shit about so meh. And I can live with Maria beating out Haraki, and I really didn't expect much from the RDG, and I'm OK with Natsuki coming in last behind Anko & Umi.

But the Full Metal Necromancer losing to Eu? MAN, FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!

"in particular match 4 - I've always known Asuna was just riding the SAO popularity bandwagon more than anything, & this loss proves that for me"

For me, I am biased with Asuna because of one thing: Tesla Motors and this loss means nothing to me. Also, Asuna SHOULD win the tiara for next year.
SHOULD? Hell no. What makes you think that she'll win next year? Either you're a diehard fan(not surprised at all considering how mainstream SAO is) or you're just naive. To discount others is the last thing you wanna avoid fanboy.
Me? I'm not only an SAO fan but also the fan of the game-changing Tesla Model S electric car
Kono Hoshi o Nameru na yo! Image Sankyuu, Hikarin!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Jiharo wrote:
Bastion wrote:Maria won her match
Good enough to make the results pleasant.
I don't particularly like Maria, though she's better than another with the name..

@Progeusz: there's another trope about the 'last girl wins' and it's probably just as popular. There's just so many tropes out there, it's almost impossible to tell who's going to 'win' in a harem story.
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender

Post by Progeusz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:04 pm

To me both Maria and Kate are unappealing because of their "comedy".

@Bastion, what? I don't remember a single example of last girl winning. On the contrary, first girl (if sister/cousin/osananajimi/first crush is shown first they count as introduction of main hero instead of romantic encounter so the mysterious one is still a first girl, even if she appears on screen later in the first episode) does all the time.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Progeusz wrote:To me both Maria and Kate are unappealing because of their "comedy".

@Bastion, what? I don't remember a single example of last girl winning. On the contrary, first girl (if sister/cousin/osananajimi/first crush is shown first they count as introduction of main hero instead of romantic encounter so the mysterious one is still a first girl, even if she appears on screen later in the first episode) does all the time.
Go to TV Tropes, you'll find it and many others, but take HnG for example, the first girl (Maria, Athena or Izumi depending on your definition) is not the most likely to win, neither is the last (Ruka).
Athena is the only one of those four that are in the top three according to the fans.
meetingsShow
Maria ran over Hayate on her bike while she was looking for Nagi, Athena was his (kindergarten) first love, Izumi was his first kiss.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender

Post by Progeusz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:02 pm

I went there right after you mentioned this 'trope' and found nothing decisive, only trying hard to fit the supposed trope in mere few examples.

What are you talking about? Hayate meets Nagi on first page of the manga. http://mangafox.me/manga/hayate_no_goto ... 001/7.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (please excuse me for using mf but HnG isn't up on batoto)
A-tan - that's not how you count the order, in-series chronology is irrelevant, what matters is when the character is introduced to the reader/watcher.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Progeusz wrote:I went there right after you mentioned this 'trope' and found nothing decisive, only trying hard to fit the supposed trope in mere few examples.

A-tan - that's not how you count the order, in-series chronology is irrelevant, what matters is when the character is introduced to the reader/watcher.
Well, maybe they've changed the name, but there's at least four 'x girl wins' tropes available in HnG, and as for Athena not counting, please tell that to the multitude of fans that claim she's going to win because she's the 'first girl'. He does even calls her the first girl in his flashback.
What are you talking about? Hayate meets Nagi on first page of the manga. http://mangafox.me/manga/hayate_no_goto ... 001/7.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (please excuse me for using mf but HnG isn't up on batoto)
I can't see the image (MF doesn't have Hayate uploaded as far as I can see), but he doesn't meet Nagi until after the debt has been given to him and he's attempting to kidnap her after he's been run over by Maria (who was looking for Nagi). It's in the anime that way as well.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender

Post by Progeusz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:00 am

I'm not talking about changing the name, I'm saying there are no decent examples.
Bastion wrote:and as for Athena not counting, please tell that to the multitude of fans that claim she's going to win because she's the 'first girl'.
They don't understand what the trope means, simple.
Bastion wrote:He does even calls her the first girl in his flashback.
Since when manga characters are the ones to tell fans what tropes are?

There's one trope. First girl wins.
It works in one way. Order of appearance.
In HnG it applies to one character. Nagi.
Everything fits.
A-tan was introduced much later, so she isn't the first girl.
The supposed 'last girl wins' trope (I refuse to call it trope seeing how there are no good examples) most definitely isn't even remotely close to the popularity of 'first girl wins' like you claimed at first.

Bastion wrote:(MF doesn't have Hayate uploaded as far as I can see)
How is it possible to think it isn't up there when I linked you the chapter? Just click the link. There's also working search function.
Hayate first meets Nagi and after that we get the flashback about debt.
Here, have two more readers if your browser is acting up and refuses to load mf:
http://www.mangareader.net/203-13479-6/ ... ter-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hayate-the-C ... 1?id=14651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's almost the same in anime (except it doesn't have this first page and immediately starts with Hayate's past but Nagi is still the first girl to appear).
http://youtu.be/jj_F3EV7P_I?t=12m4s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Here, he meets nagi. Maria appears five minutes later. (also, first scene of the episode is about Nagi)

I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:36 am

Progeusz wrote:How is it possible to think it isn't up there when I linked you the chapter? Just click the link. There's also working search function.
I followed the link and it did not bring me to the page you're talking about. I belong to Manga Fox, and was there when they first decided they would not have manga like Hayate on it. I read the chapters on another site.
Progeusz wrote:Hayate first meets Nagi and after that we get the flashback about debt.
Hayate's debt isn't talked about in a flashback, it is the start of the story. The first flashback is Hayate telling of his childhood and encountering 'Santa'.
After he saves Nagi and is taken to her mansion he has his second encounter with Maria and he explains his debt to her

If He'd met Nagi before he met Maria, he'd have been able to tell her where Nagi was since she asked him by name. He couldn't, because he hadn't met her yet, and one of the first things he does when he meets Nagi is ask her name.

'Since when manga characters are the ones to tell fans what tropes are'
Evidently you've never seen/read HnG, the characters call out tropes constantly, as they completely ignore the fourth wall.
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender

Post by Progeusz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 am

Dude, just read the manga or watch the anime, I gave you the links. You're straight up writing your own fanfiction and disregarding the facts.
Bastion wrote:Evidently you've never seen/read HnG, the characters call out tropes constantly, as they completely ignore the fourth wall.
I started reading it five years ago. No, just because they break the fourth wall from time to time doesn't mean they're right 100% of the time. Also, when Hayate was saying A-tan is first girl he WASN'T referring to the trope, so this situation is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

First you're telling trope like 'last girl wins' exists (but can't even provide a single example).
Then you're saying it's as popular as 'first girl wins' (what an outrageous statement).
You mentioned just a single show and proved you have no idea what happens in it.
And now, when presented with facts:
Bastion wrote:If He'd met Nagi before he met Maria, he'd have been able to tell her where Nagi was since she asked him by name. He couldn't, because he hadn't met her yet, and one of the first things he does when he meets Nagi is ask her name.
I'm done with you. I stuff the manga in your face and you're still going on with your delusions. Sorry for assuming there's any point in talking to you seriously.
SpoilerShow
http://i.imgur.com/1sLTIjz.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

e: spoilered because big picture

e2: Because you're so adamant on pretending mangafox doesn't work and use it as your last line of defense, screencap of the page: http://i.imgur.com/G5DRVlD.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Progeusz on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athalon
School nurse
School nurse
Worships: No one
Wish: More CPU-Z and GPU-Z data
*Staring @ Hot Kurumi's 0.1cm thin strap*
*Criticizing Maki's non-existent cleavage with a red pointed stick*

Post by Athalon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:42 am

Ayase! Ayase! Ayase!
but Tenshi will annihilate Dat Hot Kuroyukihime T_T
I wonder who will win, ding ding ding or Kuroneko
實行「命運計畫」締造世界的「傳說」。
Initiate the "Destiny Plan", to create the world's new "legend"

SpoilerShow
Thanks to Nirvaxstiel and Injection (MAL) for this pro sig.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Bastion wrote:
Progeusz wrote:I went there right after you mentioned this 'trope' and found nothing decisive, only trying hard to fit the supposed trope in mere few examples.

Well, maybe they've changed the name, but there's at least four 'x girl wins' tropes available in HnG, and as for Athena not counting, please tell that to the multitude of fans that claim she's going to win because she's the 'first girl'. He does even calls her the first girl in his flashback.
Fanon ain't canon when it comes to tropes.

As for order of appearance.... {HnG Manga ch 1 spoilers in spoilers}
The very first page, before it starts proper, there's a page about when he sees Nagi.
SpoilerShow
The story proper starts with him and Santa
SpoilerShow
Then there's some story about his job before he meets the first girl to appear in the manga
SpoilerShow
Halfway through chapter 1, he meets Nagi
SpoilerShow
And then at the end of the chapter, Maria makes her first appearance, to be introduced at the start of ch 2
SpoilerShow
So guys, ignoring that prologue page, clearly the trope would indicate the winner to be Santa, or this chick:

I will, of course, ship HinaxHayate as they live their happy life together in my headcanon~

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥