Yuki
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Eu winning Heavenly Tiara.

Re: RESULTS: 2013 Elimination 7

Post by Yuki » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 am

LOveLive! wrote:
Yuki wrote:The worst part of it all is, I was the one who forgot to vote...I could have made it a tie =( That was my biggest regret, undervaluing my single vote.
However, if they were tie, Eu would win the match because of the regular season result. Then, she would have to meet Kanade in the semi-final, and could not get in the final. As a result, the loss was a luck for her.
Oh yeah that's very true~
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:04 am

Ayase reminds of Ryuuguu Rena from AST in 2007.
Sir Maddy
Uguu~
Uguu~
Worships: Ryuuguu Rena
Wish: To see Rena appear in ISML one more time.

Post by Sir Maddy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:57 pm

10ZHAbin wrote:Ayase reminds of Ryuuguu Rena from AST in 2007.
How?
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:
10ZHAbin wrote:Ayase reminds of Ryuuguu Rena from AST in 2007.
How?
I guess she means how Ayase was stronger than she looks like Rena was in AST 2007.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Team Rocket Elite wrote:It would be cool if Ayase could reach the finals... and beat Kuroneko.
That is the single worst possible thing that could happen
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:47 am

If Asahina Mikuru had been able to take out Ayase back in Preliminary, many things would be different.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 am

10ZHAbin wrote:If Asahina Mikuru had been able to take out Ayase back in Preliminary, many things would be different.
If Asahina Mikuru had been able to take out Ayase, maybe Rikka would have made it to the semis
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:16 am

Desufire wrote:
Team Rocket Elite wrote:It would be cool if Ayase could reach the finals... and beat Kuroneko.
That is the single best possible thing that could happen
I fixed it for you~

Although that's a lie. The single best possible thing is Kuroyukihime beating Tenshi and moving on to steal Tiara♥
Desufire wrote:
10ZHAbin wrote:If Asahina Mikuru had been able to take out Ayase back in Preliminary, many things would be different.
If Asahina Mikuru had been able to take out Ayase, maybe Rikka would have made it to the semis
That would have been terrible.

/runs

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Post by LOveLive! » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:20 am

Desufire wrote:
And Mio would not early have dropped out of Post Season I either.
haebaragi
Familiar
Familiar
Badges:
Wish: Need a time machine. Badly.

Post by haebaragi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:24 am

After elimination 6 : Mashiro and Hime advanced but Rikka didn't? BEST RESULT EVER.
After elimination 7 : Mashiro lose.... and only Hime left to fight Tenshi.
Now I hope Rikka was here ;___;

Elimination 7 result made me feel guilty for dancing over Rikka's losing. :\
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:50 am

Momokutenshi wrote:
Desufire wrote:
That is the single worst possible thing that could happen
I fixed it for you~

Although that's a lie. The single best possible thing is Kuroyukihime beating Tenshi and moving on to steal Tiara♥
Can't fix what ain't broke, Momo. Don't try to make your delusions become reality.
Momokutenshi wrote:
Desufire wrote:
That would have been AMAZING!

/runs
But you misspelled amazing, so I fixed that for you
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:20 am

The little Tier 7 that could. She barely slid into the regular season. No one expected her to do anything and she's already eliminated the 2010 Tiara winner Akiyama Mio. She then goes on to take down 2011 Tiara winner Misaka Mikoto followed by 2012 Tiara winner Tachibana Kanade. In the finals she faces Gokou Ruri, the 2013 favourite and opponent who scored over 60% on her only a few weeks earlier. It's an opponent that's impossible for her to defeat and miraculously Ayase wins. She completes her underdog run to become the 2013 ISML Champion and Tiara holder. How can people not find a run like that cool?
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
HasbeenaHibiki
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ダークライ,クン・アゲロ・アグネス
Melon Pan: 201
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Miku
2020 Male Favorite: Kakyoin Noriaki
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:47 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote:The little Tier 7 that could. She barely slid into the regular season. No one expected her to do anything and she's already eliminated the 2010 Tiara winner Akiyama Mio. She then goes on to take down 2011 Tiara winner Misaka Mikoto followed by 2012 Tiara winner Tachibana Kanade. In the finals she faces Gokou Ruri, the 2013 favourite and opponent who scored over 60% on her only a few weeks earlier. It's an opponent that's impossible for her to defeat and miraculously Ayase wins. She completes her underdog run to become the 2013 ISML Champion and Tiara holder. How can people not find a run like that cool?
For that I think it would of been cool if Ayase's personality wasn't so terrible.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:31 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote:The little Tier 7 that could. She barely slid into the regular season. No one expected her to do anything and she's already eliminated the 2010 Tiara winner Akiyama Mio. She then goes on to take down 2011 Tiara winner Misaka Mikoto followed by 2012 Tiara winner Tachibana Kanade. In the finals she faces Gokou Ruri, the 2013 favourite and opponent who scored over 60% on her only a few weeks earlier. It's an opponent that's impossible for her to defeat and miraculously Ayase wins. She completes her underdog run to become the 2013 ISML Champion and Tiara holder. How can people not find a run like that cool?
If only her name wasn't Ayase and was Izumi Konata or Akemi Homura instead, that'd be something I could get behind
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:10 am

That would be good indeed :3
The little Tier 7 that could. She barely slid into the regular season. No one expected her to do anything and she's already eliminated the 2010 Tiara winner Akiyama Mio. She then goes on to take down 2011 Tiara winner Misaka Mikoto followed by 2012 Tiara winner Tachibana Kanade. In the finals she faces Gokou Ruri, the 2013 favourite and opponent who scored over 60% on her only a few weeks earlier. It's an opponent that's impossible for her to defeat and miraculously Ayase wins. She completes her underdog run to become the 2013 ISML Champion and Tiara holder. How can people not find a run like that cool?
Looks good indeed. Except when I start to consider that her recent apparent boost in strength since the second part of the post season is just due to strategical voting, and that the only way to win against Misaka would be the help of Kanade's side; that the only way to win against Kanade after that would be support from all others side not wishing to see Kanade in finals again ( BTW the first one may happen but the second definitely will not happen, as in this case a part of Misaka's fandom would vote against Ayase as revenge and makes this fail anyway even in the case where Ayase would really be able to gather as much votes as Kanade (which is doubtful to begin with)). In other words, she has no way to reach the finals with her own fandom's strength alone ImO. So if she were to win anything now, I would have a hard time being pleased, as this wouldn't be deserved and just sheer luck ImO.

Note: again, this is MY opinion about why Ayase beat Rikka and why Ayase may have a chance to beat Misaka as well. If you want to think that Ayase is here by her own fandom strength, feel free to believe it. As if upset of that kind didn't happen every year for the same kind of reasons.
If only her name wasn't Ayase and was Victorique de Blois instead, that'd be something I could get behind
Fixed :3
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:40 am

Zefyris wrote:
If only her name wasn't Ayase and was Victorique de Blois instead, that'd be something I could get behind
I didn't post Kurisu, who is my favorite.

Think about who I posted and why, and then hopefully you'll realize how the "fix" you made, doesn't really work with the context.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 am

Desufire wrote:
Zefyris wrote:

Think about who I posted and why, and then hopefully you'll realize how the "fix" you made, doesn't really work with the context.
Don't be such a grump, the spirit of what Zefy's doing is still the same. And if we were going to be very, very technical, Homura doesn't belong with Konata in the same way Ayase truly does not belong in Tier 7 (hopefully you can guess why). If you posted Kurisu, still would have worked, just much less effectively.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by Desufire » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 am

blaZofgold wrote:
Desufire wrote:
Zefyris wrote:

Don't be such a grump, the spirit of what Zefy's doing is still the same. And if we were going to be very, very technical, Homura doesn't belong with Konata in the same way Ayase truly does not belong in Tier 7 (hopefully you can guess why). If you posted Kurisu, still would have worked, just much less effectively.
The story was about a Tier 7 beating the three previous tiara holders and the favorite to win this year and claiming it for herself. Stella/Nova was not specified.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

Desufire wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:
Desufire wrote:
Zefyris wrote:

The story was about a Tier 7 beating the three previous tiara holders and the favorite to win this year and claiming it for herself. Stella/Nova was not specified.
I realize that. But I'm also making the case that Victorique or Kurisu would have been just as effective. And also making the case that if Homura had swept three tiara holders, it would not have been as surprising as if Konata did the same. And I don't find Ayase's sweep to be all that surprising. Do you see the direction I'm trying to go with this?
Nif
Bard
Bard

Post by Nif » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 pm

I am scared of Ayases strength.

I actually think she has a great chance to beat Mikoto for some reasons.

- Kuroneko still in the game with a high chance of winning the Tiara. (Would be even worse if the match would be on the same day) (A high amount of Oreimo fanbase + for Ayase who would normally maybe not vote)
- Kanade being the next enemy (probably) in the semi finals and Ayase being (arguably) the easier enemy compared to Mikoto (A considerable amount of Kanade voters might vote for Ayase (especially if we consider the Kanade vs Mikoto situation)
- Mikoto has already a Tiara in possession (Anti votes against Mikoto)
- The "I am tier 7 factor" (as already mentioned in this thread a lot of people like it that a t7 is in the finals having a good chance to beat maybe all three Tiara bearer. More votes for Ayase)
- The loss/absence of Shana and Taiga in the Finals. (As fellow Tsundere characters there is a high chance that alot of those people would have also voted for Mikoto)

In addition with Ayases own, rather large. fanbase this might really be enough...Man that would be sad...i mean its cool having a t7 in the finals and i think surprises are good for the tournament...but hell i really dislike ayase.