RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Single-Elimination Tournament and future ISML contests
User avatar
Keima
Undine
Undine
Posts: 654
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:13 am
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Keima » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:39 am

Man I knew Tsukiko would have a rough match against the seemingly unstoppable juggernaut that is Asuna, and I pretty much knew Eru wouldn't be able to overcome Kotori, but Azusa losing to Ayase?! Worst part of the match for me. Oh well at least Rikka & Kuroneko won their matches.
User avatar
ShanaUnite
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:11 pm
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by ShanaUnite » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:45 am

Not liking these results at all. Kinda banked my hopes on Mashiro and Kurumi but i guess it was not meant to be. At least Yukino and Kobato won for the first time in a while.
User avatar
Magnux7
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:49 pm
Worships: Shana
Melon Pan: 85
Wish: More cute yuri in anime *-*
Location: Norway

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Magnux7 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:20 am

Shit results.
I really don't understand ISML, how come that more popular characters lose against characters they shouldn't lose to? Everywhere else on the internet, Kurumi has a much higher fandom than Nanami, and still she loses?... This is what I don't like about ISML, the goddamn high amount of ANTI-voting... People don't vote on their preferences anymore, they vote to eliminate other popular characters. The same happend last round, Kotori and Yoshino got eliminated because of the same reason.

I don't really feel like participating in ISML anymore because of this stupid logic. Anyway, I'll vote for Mikoto to win the tiara. I also really feel like just getting my friends to ANTI-vote the hell out of Nanami so Asuna can win the circlet. Let's see how the Nanamin fans like to get their favorite character ANTI-voted out of the competition ;L
Image Image
User avatar
Veon
Salamander
Salamander
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:07 pm
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 105
2018 Female Favorite: Tōsaka Rin
Wish: Contract?

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Veon » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:31 am

Magnux7 wrote: I don't really feel like participating in ISML anymore because of this stupid logic. Anyway, I'll vote for Mikoto to win the tiara. I also really feel like just getting my friends to ANTI-vote the hell out of Nanami so Asuna can win the circlet. Let's see how the Nanamin fans like to get their favorite character ANTI-voted out of the competition ;L
So you say that you want to support those who anti-vote Kurumi? If you want a revenge then do it to a mastermind (Asuna), not just a tool (Nanami).
Last edited by Veon on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hajime Tanegashima
Familiar
Familiar
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 am
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Hajime Tanegashima » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 am

The total VF decreased compared to the previous round. What is happening is that the coordinated antivote is expelling voters from ISML, which is to be expected. The finals have a Kanade vs Mikoto match, so the VF might increase by a bit, but the trend is clear.

With less than 6k VF, it's hard to overcome a coordinated vote of more than 1k. Kurumi did the first round, but most likely most of the abstains were from DaL fans this time; those perhaps would have helped Kurumi to overcome the Nanami trap, but it couldn't be. I think DaL has made a progress; I''ve seen many DaL fans supporting Kurumi for the first time, but there's still a long way to go.

It has already been said, but the "revenge" shouldn't be against Nanami. Nanami didn't take down Kurumi, like she didn't take down Yoshino and like Tsukiko didn't take down Kotori. It was Asuna. And the moment to take down Asuna in revenge isn't in the finals of a honorific trophy against a weak character who has little to none chances to beat her, but in the Tiara race against a character who can stand against her. What DaL fandom should do is to answer the countless calls for unification that have been made. Only then we'll have chances (and it would be real, high chances) to stop this. If not... we'll have to rely on Kanade or Mikoto.

Finally, the scenario where a concrete bag of voters is slowly but steadily expelling other voters and conquering ISML is terrible, but that was already visible in the previous round, and few voices talked about it; rather, many preferred to talk about "miracle". Now, the miracle turns to be a Nightmare. How ironic.
#BelieveInKurumi
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:34 am

Magnux7 wrote:Shit results.
I really don't understand ISML, how come that more popular characters lose against characters they shouldn't lose to? Everywhere else on the internet, Kurumi has a much higher fandom than Nanami, and still she loses?... This is what I don't like about ISML, the goddamn high amount of ANTI-voting... People don't vote on their preferences anymore, they vote to eliminate other popular characters. The same happend last round, Kotori and Yoshino got eliminated because of the same reason.

I don't really feel like participating in ISML anymore because of this stupid logic. Anyway, I'll vote for Mikoto to win the tiara. I also really feel like just getting my friends to ANTI-vote the hell out of Nanami so Asuna can win the circlet. Let's see how the Nanamin fans like to get their favorite character ANTI-voted out of the competition ;L

I know you're angry with the anti-voting and all, but not every character is being ANTI-voted here

If you're going to whine about it so much, then why not you do something to stop it
Don't just contribute to it as well. It's so ironically stupid and so. If you truly want to stop it, then vote for your preferences and don't go against your beliefs

Also, mind your language
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:34 am

Hajime Tanegashima wrote:The total VF decreased compared to the previous round. What is happening is that the coordinated antivote is expelling voters from ISML, which is to be expected. The finals have a Kanade vs Mikoto match, so the VF might increase by a bit, but the trend is clear.

With less than 6k VF, it's hard to overcome a coordinated vote of more than 1k. Kurumi did the first round, but most likely most of the abstains were from DaL fans this time; those perhaps would have helped Kurumi to overcome the Nanami trap, but it couldn't be. I think DaL has made a progress; I''ve seen many DaL fans supporting Kurumi for the first time, but there's still a long way to go.

It has already been said, but the "revenge" shouldn't be against Nanami. Nanami didn't take down Kurumi, like she didn't take down Yoshino and like Tsukiko didn't take down Kotori. It was Asuna. And the moment to take down Asuna in revenge isn't in the finals of a honorific trophy against a weak character who has little to none chances to beat her, but in the Tiara race against a character who can stand against her. What DaL fandom should do is to answer the countless calls for unification that have been made. Only then we'll have chances (and it would be real, high chances) to stop this. If not... we'll have to rely on Kanade or Mikoto.

Finally, the scenario where a concrete bag of voters is slowly but steadily expelling other voters and conquering ISML is terrible, but that was already visible in the previous round, and few voices talked about it; rather, many preferred to talk about "miracle". Now, the miracle turns to be a Nightmare. How ironic.

Unless you happen to like both.
Then it's it's a miracle eeither way
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:54 pm
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.
Location: Dome of Crystal Seers, Ultanash Shelwe

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Zefyris » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:37 am

Homura wrote:
Oh, don't say "will" since the result could really disappoint you. Mikoto has probably a greater chance to win the circlet this time (though I don't support her).
Misaka lost most of her chances to win the tiara in topaz 7.

As for Asuna winning the Tiarra... She reached the Circlet final by already mobilizing, whereas on the other side, the two at the top of Nova didn't need to do it. It doesn't mean at all that they aren't going to boost their number of voters before the end of the post season, mind you. It means on the contrary that they'll just have to concentrate at the end of the post season, whereas Asuna fans will need to keep doing it again and again without stopping. Which one is at the advantage right now, it's obvious. Although a huge boost from the second half of SAO II is always a possibility, indeed.
Let's see how the Nanamin fans like to get their favorite character ANTI-voted out of the competition ;L
Lol that's a funny way to punish antivoting. Let's reward those who antivoted my favorite character by helping their favorite to win! ahahah.


Anyway, disliking antivoting= disliking post season. That's nothing new.
I'm in this case, and don't expect anything anymore from that part of ISML since several years.
User avatar
ThreeMadness
Nikuman
Nikuman
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:34 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Darker than Black S3
Yuru Yuri S3
Saki The Actual Nationals
Love Live story never end

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by ThreeMadness » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:48 am

Magnux7 wrote:Shit results.
I really don't understand ISML, how come that more popular characters lose against characters they shouldn't lose to? Everywhere else on the internet, Kurumi has a much higher fandom than Nanami, and still she loses?... This is what I don't like about ISML, the goddamn high amount of ANTI-voting... People don't vote on their preferences anymore, they vote to eliminate other popular characters. The same happend last round, Kotori and Yoshino got eliminated because of the same reason.

I don't really feel like participating in ISML anymore because of this stupid logic. Anyway, I'll vote for Mikoto to win the tiara. I also really feel like just getting my friends to ANTI-vote the hell out of Nanami so Asuna can win the circlet. Let's see how the Nanamin fans like to get their favorite character ANTI-voted out of the competition ;L
I understand how you feel and I absolutely agree the antivoting sucks. Kurumi is not the only character who gets antivoted but she is the one who has to endure the harshest antivoting so I'm frustrated too but anti-voting Nanami wouldn't help. She was just a tool used by Asuna fans. It wasn't the fault of her fanbase. They simply voted for the character they love, just like you and I. There is no need to take revenge against Nanami fans.

When it comes down to it, Nanami has very little chance to fight for the tiara or anything else afterwards. This is likely the only chance she has to even win anything. So why not support her rather than Asuna who not only kicked out many characters we love, but will probably win many more prices to come.
Last edited by ThreeMadness on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
#Support Tokisaki Kurumi
User avatar
Hajime Tanegashima
Familiar
Familiar
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 am
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Hajime Tanegashima » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:48 am

Fuijiwara wrote:Unless you happen to like both.
Then it's it's a miracle eeither way
No. In that case it's simply chance. And still a Nightmare.
#BelieveInKurumi
User avatar
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 am
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Love & Peace

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Sphire » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:54 am

Heh, anti-voting is neither new nor illegal, so why are people complaining? Asuna has been anti-voted before plenty of times, so has every other character. And multi-votes? Again, every character has them. At the end of the day, if someone lost, they lost because they weren't strong enough. If Asuna fans are the only ones mobilized, then more power to them, at least they are bringing more voters into the mix. At the end of the day, Asuna will only curb stomp Nanami if voters run away now that their 'fav' isn't winning (which is even worse considering not everyone has made it into PS2 yet).

And if this is the only way we get a new Tiara winner, then it could be for the best.

I'm still of belief that there are way more 'neutrals' in this than one-sided fans. Therefore any sniping requires a base strength with these characters anyway, so they and their fans deserve some merit of their own. It's up to them to take advantage of the miracles happening. Whether those miracles be underdog upsets, or repeat Tiara winners.

I'm no Asuna fan, and Nanami isn't my fav Nova girl to begin with, but seeing her able to win a Circlet of all things? Hell yea!
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
User avatar
ThreeMadness
Nikuman
Nikuman
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:34 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Darker than Black S3
Yuru Yuri S3
Saki The Actual Nationals
Love Live story never end

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by ThreeMadness » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Anti-voting is nothing new but this is the first time I've seen it so effective. And it'll only continue to be more effective if it drives voters away. Even if you try your best, it's hard to overcome. It's reasonable to feel afraid that coordinated anti-voting will grow increasingly influential. Yes, at the end of the day, it's because she is not strong enough but it still sucks to see a character you like lose because of anti-votes.
#Support Tokisaki Kurumi
User avatar
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:26 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Reverend » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:24 pm

So this place is turned into a heart confession room

I do understand why Asuna fans will do anything to get their favorite a circlet
reading through past discussion, it is safe to say Asuna will get massive anti-voting again this year at tiara...
especially since SAO II is going for Mother's Rosario soon, so many strength for Asuna without even mobilizing; will make the logical mind of every non-Asuna fanatic think: "it's best to anti-vote her"

yeah, some people just want to win that badly, multi-voters are like cheaters who ruin your hardwork-earned game #Iknowthatfeelbro
but, then again, this is an international for-fun voting, like it or not everyone has to deal with it
Fuijiwara wrote:Unless you happen to like both.
Then it's it's a miracle eeither way
luckily, it is for me.. YAY :onion81:
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
User avatar
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Posts: 8955
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by maglor » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:00 pm

I want to present couple of maps and time graphs for people to ponder. I want to stress that everything might have happened simply by random chance

Exhibit 1. Topaz 7 . Tokisaki Kurumi vs Yuuki Asuna . Is it possible that this is the start of what we are seeing in the postseason?

Image


Exhibit 2. Phase I round 2. Map comparison of Kurumi and Nanami . It may be coincidence, or sophisticated maneuver by Asuna fans, but the similarity between Kurumi's map and Nanami's map was somewhat interesting. It may be because both won in majority of the world

Image
Image

Exhibit 3. In the above Nanami map, we do need to realize Nanami won in most part of the world. Could we have foreseen this? There is this intriguing evidence. In the Emerald 2 match between Nanami and Yoshino, Nanami actually led for a while. Yoshino might had misfortune of running into an opponent that had better chance against her compared to most people's expectations.

Image

Exhibit 4. Some prelim data . Nanami might have been slightly weaker during prelim while Kurumi and DAL girls slightly stronger, but it is interesting that Nanami was able to win several regions against Kurumi.

Image
Image
User avatar
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by avery-kun » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:14 pm

ThreeMadness wrote:Anti-voting is nothing new but this is the first time I've seen it so effective. And it'll only continue to be more effective if it drives voters away. Even if you try your best, it's hard to overcome. It's reasonable to feel afraid that coordinated anti-voting will grow increasingly influential. Yes, at the end of the day, it's because she is not strong enough but it still sucks to see a character you like lose because of anti-votes.
Post Season. Aka. "Your Regular Season data has no power here."
Image
User avatar
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 am
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Love & Peace

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Sphire » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Looking at Maglor's post, it looks like America has a thing for Nanami.

Anyway, I also wanted to point out that anti-voting from Asuna fans could really screw up Asuna's final placing, IF she loses to Nanami. Asuna could (and should, if everything has been anti-voting) finish 4th even though she's reached the circlet final, giving her a tougher Stella opponent in PS2. So, it could all backfire.
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
User avatar
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Posts: 3121
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:25 am
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2020 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2020 Male Favorite: Lelouch Lamperouge
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
Location: China

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Homura » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Zefyris wrote:
Homura wrote:
Oh, don't say "will" since the result could really disappoint you. Mikoto has probably a greater chance to win the circlet this time (though I don't support her).
Misaka lost most of her chances to win the tiara in topaz 7.

As for Asuna winning the Tiarra... She reached the Circlet final by already mobilizing, whereas on the other side, the two at the top of Nova didn't need to do it. It doesn't mean at all that they aren't going to boost their number of voters before the end of the post season, mind you. It means on the contrary that they'll just have to concentrate at the end of the post season, whereas Asuna fans will need to keep doing it again and again without stopping. Which one is at the advantage right now, it's obvious. Although a huge boost from the second half of SAO II is always a possibility, indeed.
Let's see how the Nanamin fans like to get their favorite character ANTI-voted out of the competition ;L
Lol that's a funny way to punish antivoting. Let's reward those who antivoted my favorite character by helping their favorite to win! ahahah.


Anyway, disliking antivoting= disliking post season. That's nothing new.
I'm in this case, and don't expect anything anymore from that part of ISML since several years.
You made a good point. I expect a tiring point for Asuna fans although it will probably do nothing good for me since I don't want to see a repeat Tiara winner. By the way, you said you don't expect anything anymore from the postseason of ISML, so what makes you still participate in right now's situation? Actually, I'm kind of in a similar case, all I'm doing is fighting for a good ranking for Shana in PS2 and watching what the hell is going on.
Image
User avatar
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Posts: 2975
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by RailWarrior » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:17 pm

RockmanXt wrote: I support Mikoto, she still got more new material and can live more years.
Angel Beats! still has the six-part delayed-to-hell visual novel and two (as far as I know) ongoing manga adaptations.
Magnux7 wrote:People don't vote on their preferences anymore, they vote to eliminate other popular characters.
Funny statement.

Anti-voting is also a means of judging popularity, you know? Character A can have a larger fan-base than Character B, but that doesn't mean anything if they have an even larger hate-base. If you eliminate anti-voting altogether, the results would be skewed.

It's like trying to judge how popular, let's say, eggs are in a certain region by polling only people that eat more than 3 a day, even if that group of people are only 5% of the population.
User avatar
Magnux7
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:49 pm
Worships: Shana
Melon Pan: 85
Wish: More cute yuri in anime *-*
Location: Norway

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by Magnux7 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:16 pm

RailWarrior wrote:Funny statement.

Anti-voting is also a means of judging popularity, you know? Character A can have a larger fan-base than Character B, but that doesn't mean anything if they have an even larger hate-base. If you eliminate anti-voting altogether, the results would be skewed.

It's like trying to judge how popular, let's say, eggs are in a certain region by polling only people that eat more than 3 a day, even if that group of people are only 5% of the population.
Soo practically, what you are saying, is that anti-voting is a good thing and it should be accepted by all...
If so, that's funny, I can refer to many people in this forum who strongly disagree with you.
Image Image
User avatar
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Posts: 2975
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 3

Post by RailWarrior » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:51 pm

Magnux7 wrote:
RailWarrior wrote:Funny statement.

Anti-voting is also a means of judging popularity, you know? Character A can have a larger fan-base than Character B, but that doesn't mean anything if they have an even larger hate-base. If you eliminate anti-voting altogether, the results would be skewed.

It's like trying to judge how popular, let's say, eggs are in a certain region by polling only people that eat more than 3 a day, even if that group of people are only 5% of the population.
Soo practically, what you are saying, is that anti-voting is a good thing and it should be accepted by all...
If so, that's funny, I can refer to many people in this forum who strongly disagree with you.
good or bad is subjective.
What I'm saying is that anti-votes, contrary to what so many people here apparently believe, are just as indicative of the popular sentiment as normal votes.
People are still voting based on their preferences--they prefer the character they voted for over the character they anti-voted.
Locked