Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Postseason 10

Post by 10ZHAbin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:23 am

RegalStar wrote:
10ZHAbin wrote:Following the step of Akiyama Mio, Itsuka Kotori has become the second character to obtain the Heavenly Tiara in her first year of participation.
You mean third. Fate was the first character to get the tiara on her first year.
Right, I usually ignore 2008 since it is the first year of ISML ^^;.

Anyway, how is the plan for auto-nomination? Does Kotori still need to go through nomination next year to get to Preliminary like Kanade in 2013?
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Wish: Love & Peace

Post by Sphire » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:23 am

Congrats to Kotori on winning the Tiara! She ended up being the only one strong enough to pull it off. Pretty good poster to accompany the win too, probably the best of the lot. Kudos. That map spread is something too.

The rest of the results, while immaterial, was nice to see Nanami ending up with a final victory too. Chitoge shows she's the stronger Nisekoi (for now, it was close) and Shiro absolutely stomps her initial mark in ISML. Can't wait to see next year's Nova.
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 am

I haven't seen Date A Live but that poster is beautiful so great job, whoever made it.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2020 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2020 Male Favorite: Lelouch Lamperouge
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:28 am

When Shana faced DAL characters, even HK & Taiwan abandoned her Orz
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:29 am

Yume and Mare won. Good results.

Kosaki lost, shit result
mazza411
Imouto
Imouto
Wish: for Touhou to become eligible in ISML

Post by mazza411 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:33 am

HeartClover wrote:that poster is beautiful so great job, whoever made it.
qft
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Post by avery-kun » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:36 am

10ZHAbin wrote:
RegalStar wrote:
10ZHAbin wrote:Following the step of Akiyama Mio, Itsuka Kotori has become the second character to obtain the Heavenly Tiara in her first year of participation.
You mean third. Fate was the first character to get the tiara on her first year.
Right, I usually ignore 2008 since it is the first year of ISML ^^;.

Anyway, how is the plan for auto-nomination? Does Kotori still need to go through nomination next year to get to Preliminary like Kanade in 2013?
Waiting on new rules. We'll see after Exhibitions.
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:41 am

So TRE, are there any characters from the VN tournament that you felt could have went further than they did?
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
Worships: Magical girls
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!

Post by CureRainbow » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:41 am

Nice nice, Kotori winning is good~ But Kosaki losing is ;_______;
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:44 am

Ugh Shana...so painful

It's weird but I'm glad Kotori won instead of Mashiro, when I actually like Mashiro and only like white ribbon Kotori. Congratulations!
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:48 am

Woahhh....
300 -- VD
Close gap for Kotori

Congratz for the Tiara...!!

No for my Enju !!
but at least Team Chitoge got the Winter
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
sirwence
Arturian
Arturian
Badges:
Worships: Saber
2019 Female Favorite: Saber
2018 Female Favorite: Saber
2018 Male Favorite: Totsuka Saika

Post by sirwence » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:48 am

And the trend continues - its been since 2008 since I actually voted and supported and wanted someone to win who made it the finals and had them win granted that was the only time until now since then. And Mashiro lost sigh - There are no congratulations from me lmao
oneoshron
Hunter
Hunter

Post by oneoshron » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:59 am

ヽ(´□`。)ノ Y-you were so close Shiina ~(•̩̩̩̩_•̩̩̩̩~)

But congratulations to Kotori, your poster is beautiful.
SpoilerShow
I think this is an occasion I can use this emote... ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
Arigatou gozaimasu to Midnight-Jasper for the lovely signature o(≧∇≦o)
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:04 am

Of all the DAL to win -_-. At least the world isn't into Tohka that much.
kingnozaki
Ninja
Ninja

Post by kingnozaki » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:10 am

i want mikoto and kanade never return in next year.
Curisu
Mystes
Mystes
Wish: >.<

Post by Curisu » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:15 am

And it finally ends ._.

VN tournaments poster is quite good >.<
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:15 am

Congrats to Itsuka Kotori on winning the Heavenly Tiara! After a year full of many disappointments, Date A Live manages to take home the big prize. Right to the very end I was questioning whether could pull it off and in the end she gets her act together. After stopping Kanade's attmept, next year Kotori will also find herself in the pursuit of a second win. Will she be able to do it?

Mashiro is probably a "season 2" away from a win. The only person to win a Tiara off a single series was Kanade. Also just about every other winner won fresh off of their second series airing. Unfortunately, it's probably a boost that will never come. In any case, Mashiro ended up doing better than last year where she ended up with a fairly disappointing final rank after a tough loss. Mashiro is still young. With some luck maybe next year or the year after she'll be the one to take the grand prize.

There are many, many characters that would be very happy with a third place finish. Kanade isn't one of them. For a competitor as decorated as Kanade, there can be no position but first that can satisfy her but once against she has failed to achieve that. Time marches on and Kanade's days of being invicible have passed. This may have been her last chance at a repeat win and she wasn't able to do it. By next year, maybe third place will be a rank befitting of Kanade's power level. Maybe she won't be able to manage even that. Personally, I hope for a miracle and one final win for Kanade before she declines into obscurity.

Ayase was done with surprises last year, right? Nope. She improves her rank to reach a top 4 finish and does so despite the Oreimo series looking far weaker this year than last year. Kuroneko definitely look a lot weaker than last year. Same with Kirino who we got to see tank on real time during post season last year. Despite her high rank, Ayase probably doesn't have a shot at the Tiara. Kuroneko's chances at repeating aren't too great either. If Kanade can't do it, Kuroneko probably can't either.

I wonder if Nanami will still be this strong next year. I'm really not sure why she's so much stronger now. While still a step down from Mashiro, it's not really a big step down anymore. Even so, as long as Mashiro is around, Nanami probably can't win the Tiara. Hopefully she will still look this strong next year, though.

Kuroyukihime with a slight improvement from last year. She is also waiting around for a Season 2. Right now I just expect a solid performance from her but Tiara prospects aren't too great.

Taiga gets stronger by doing nothing. After a dip last year, Taiga has gone up again this year. Like Kuroyukihime, I expect strong performances from Taiga and also like Kuroyukihime, Taiga's Tiara prospects are poor. However, unlike Kuroyukihime, there is no possibility of a season 2. I'm just happy to see Taiga do as well as she does and hope she continues to do so in the future.

Kurumi and Yoshino don't quite share Kotori's success. Kurumi just hasn't shown much ability to get the job done when she really needs to. She's great and beating weaker opponents and usually that means she's good against strong opponent but that just hasn't worked out. If Kurumi ever got her act together, chasing the Tiara is something she could do. However, I'm not sure if that will ever happen. Yoshino is mostly just happy to get a good post season rank. She's strong but not really strong enough to aim for the Tiara.

Asuna was once considered the favourite to win the Tiara and now she closes her season in 10th place. Not bad but not what she wanted. Sniping really only gets you so far and if you miss a target it could cost you your life. In Asuna's case it did when the failed to knock of Mashiro early and then failed to win head on. From there Asuna pretty much gave up. Asuna is definitely a potential threat next year. However, I'd like it more if she just stuck to winning head to head instead of relying on cheap tricks to advance her position.

Shana was Taiga before Taiga and is what Taiga will be in the future. Shana manages to hang on to a solid position year after year even long after her chances at winning a Tiara have passed. Keep it up Shana and keep winning for as long as you can!

Before there was Asuna, there was Mikoto as the postergirl for giving up. Mikoto is way stronger than 13th place and even next year will be a threat to the Tiara. However, her fans just stop trying after Mikoto loses which leads to a result like 13th. Better luck next time Mikoto.

Eucliwood is largely just happy to be here. She's strong but aging and losing her power. She'll be happy if she can reach the top 16 against next year.

Tsukiko and Rikka are in a similar situation to Eucliwood. They were never as strong as peak Eucliwood but they probably aren't aging quite as fast either. Both of them would be doing well to make top 16 next year and probably happy if they can make post season at all.

These are my thoughts on everyone for now. Congrats again to Kotori on winning and everyone else for even making it to the top 16!
RegalStar wrote:So TRE, are there any characters from the VN tournament that you felt could have went further than they did?
Senri Akane if Mare didn't cheat with cat pics. But more seriously, no idea right now. I'll probably spend some time in the future looking at the results but I'm guessing the results aren't that consistent or useful.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:19 am

Congrats to Kotori for finally earning DAL some bling.

I wanted to find a suitable applause video, but I stumbled on the following one, thought it was funny, so I'd thought I'd share it (even if it doesn't quite fit with what I was actually looking for):

On a more serious note, unless the DAL Encore OVA or the movie do anything to boost DAL's popularity within ISML to the extent that its fans actually coordinate instead of letting their characters be used as tools for other characters (as what happened this year), I'm willing to bet that none of the characters will be relevant next year in regards to either necklaces or the tiara (which was why I ended up supporting Kotori in the finals this year).

Regardless, what's important is that DAL finally grabbed a prize (and what a prize it is).
Also, no repeat tiara winner.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:35 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote:
RegalStar wrote:So TRE, are there any characters from the VN tournament that you felt could have went further than they did?
Senri Akane if Mare didn't cheat with cat pics. But more seriously, no idea right now. I'll probably spend some time in the future looking at the results but I'm guessing the results aren't that consistent or useful.
I'll say Sion, losing on the first round with less than 100VD to a semifinalist who almost became a runner-up with less than 100VD.
Athalon
School nurse
School nurse
Worships: No one
Wish: More CPU-Z and GPU-Z data
*Staring @ Hot Kurumi's 0.1cm thin strap*
*Criticizing Maki's non-existent cleavage with a red pointed stick*

Post by Athalon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:37 am

Hmmm......

Ooo Camael won, DAL DAL DAL!!!!
*tho I prefer it with Hot Kurumi and her 0.1cm thin strap >/////////////////>*

Hail Kotori and Camael!!!!!!!!
實行「命運計畫」締造世界的「傳說」。
Initiate the "Destiny Plan", to create the world's new "legend"

SpoilerShow
Thanks to Nirvaxstiel and Injection (MAL) for this pro sig.