RESULTS - Double Elimination 3

Single-Elimination Tournament and future ISML contests
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Re: RESULTS - Double Elimination 3

Post by minhtam1638 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Demi. wrote:
And man, I thought all the MSLN voters would be here considering the revolutionary match up Fate vs Nanoha. Totally didn't expect Hayate and Vita to still lose.
sigh, welcome to my world. They're continually screwin my fantasy, I may have to stop putting faith in them. Though the 'revolutionary' matchup probably gave more reason for them not to show up, since there was much indecision to be had.

@amdrag: I was being purely sarcastic. :3
...Thinking Saki characters will make it big in ISML for starters, and it only got more amusing from there.

And *cough* Nanoha movie releasing Jan 2010, I don't think It's the last of Nanoha, especially not by the hands of Saki. Nanoha's managed two top 16 finishes with a relatively unpopular series that's 2.5 yrs old. A movie with enhanced animation should remedy that. Even if it remains as non-mainstream as the seasons, Nanoha will atleast be fresh in the peoples minds that know her(Come 2010). Though she does need to stay alive until the movie get's subbed and makes it's way outside of Japan.
So in other words, Nanoha and Fate are trying to string out mediocre top 16 finishes as much as Suigintou has, to try to stay within influence range until new material comes out? Sounds a little bit risky, but I highly doubt Nanoha will even get that far, and Fate, despite that she will continue to put up some good numbers, is already marked with a championship.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Post by Demi. » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:47 pm

I'm not sure if top 16 should be marked with mediocre, but the new material comes out early next year.
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:47 pm

Highly highly anticipating the MSLN movie the 1st.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm still standing by my (albeit shaky) prediction of Nanoha not making the playoffs next year. I don't think she'll suck, but I think she'll make the same drop that Konata did; from the last group in the playoffs to the first group out.
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:45 pm

If you can come up with 8new contestants stronger than the current top 16, then I'll agree with you. Otherwise, no. The movie should make her stronger, she has no reason to drop off unless the contestants next year are considerably stronger...But I can think of maybe five new contestants (at most) which are stronger than the current Nanoha. God forbid, if we get more Chinese voters, that might do it, but not as the demographics are now.
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:21 am

Demi. wrote:If you can come up with 8new contestants stronger than the current top 16, then I'll agree with you. Otherwise, no. The movie should make her stronger, she has no reason to drop off unless the contestants next year are considerably stronger...But I can think of maybe five new contestants (at most) which are stronger than the current Nanoha. God forbid, if we get more Chinese voters, that might do it, but not as the demographics are now.
It won't take eight, it'll take three. I don't see anyone in the top 11 not making the playoffs next year, which means you have the Dolls, K-On, Saki (Nobody from Saki will be God tier, but they'll get a spot in the playoffs) and a whole mess of others fighting for five spots.

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll admit that I'm an idiot. (Hell, I do that already!) Remember, a wise man said "That's why they play the games." Chris Berman said it, but a wise man had to have said it at some point.
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:28 am

Saki will not do well on ISML, trust me on this
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:30 am

I don't see K-ON! and Saki being that memorable. The fact that the movie releasing next year makes Nanoha have more people willing to vote for her.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:47 am

amdrag wrote:
Demi. wrote:If you can come up with 8new contestants stronger than the current top 16, then I'll agree with you. Otherwise, no. The movie should make her stronger, she has no reason to drop off unless the contestants next year are considerably stronger...But I can think of maybe five new contestants (at most) which are stronger than the current Nanoha. God forbid, if we get more Chinese voters, that might do it, but not as the demographics are now.
It won't take eight, it'll take three. I don't see anyone in the top 11 not making the playoffs next year, which means you have the Dolls, K-On, Saki (Nobody from Saki will be God tier, but they'll get a spot in the playoffs) and a whole mess of others fighting for five spots.

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll admit that I'm an idiot. (Hell, I do that already!) Remember, a wise man said "That's why they play the games." Chris Berman said it, but a wise man had to have said it at some point.
lol, but what you're assuming is that Nanoha's strength in 2010 will stay equal to what it is now. It'll take three or so if you honestly believe the movie won't do anything for her.

We will see.
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:29 am

Fate wrote:I don't see K-ON! and Saki being that memorable. The fact that the movie releasing next year makes Nanoha have more people willing to vote for her.
unfortunately the masses will disagree with you...Saki wont do well, K-ON however...I can see a few top 16 finishes

The movie will help Nanoha, but I doubt it will be enough to put her above top 10
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:46 am

Well, we're arguing another top 16 finish, I don't think it will push her above a top 10 finish, either. Unless the movie is more popular than the seasons, It's not going to happen.

K-on will do good, but with a 13eps piece of nothing for a series, I hope It's fandom fizzles out some before the next season of ISML