DaystarRoga
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo
Worships: Shiina Mashiro
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Wish the ISML to be better and better

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason II-4

Post by DaystarRoga » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:51 am

Wow, 5800, amazing, strong enough, hah? Interesting, and this can be a possible result without any multivotes. Good job really
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: ZackRay

Post by Kiwigiwi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:52 am

So long, Mashiro :lol: Even though I predicted that you would win tiara and now I won't get bonus points for my fantasy.. Now let's wait for Yukino's tiara poster.

Also Tatsumaki losing.. oh well, as long as Saitama gets through next year.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:07 am

DaystarRoga wrote:Wow, 5800, amazing, strong enough, hah? Interesting, and this can be a possible result without any multivotes. Good job really
Yes, strong enough. Yes, interesting.
SpoilerShow
And yes, amazing.
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Yamada Naoko
Melon Pan: 120
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Kyon
2017 Female Favorite: Kasumigaoka Utaha
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
Wish: Creating the best card game

Post by Chibasa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:46 am

The "interesting" results is Arena 6 for me...

How the fuck a seeding match can be the lowest Arena VF? :D

Last year at the same period, any side matches got more VF than a seeding match. Mikoto-Kurumi even got more VF than Quarterfinals matches...
Arena VFShow
Arena 1: 10289 (Semifinals)
Arena 2: 10152 (Semifinals)
Arena 5: 10110 (Seed)
Arena 14: 9970 (Divine)
Arena 4: 9929 (Male)
Arena 8: 9911 (Seed)
Arena 7: 9879 (Seed)
Arena 13: 9828 (Divine)
Arena 9: 9750 (Fall)
Arena 3: 9741 (Male)
Arena 12: 9635 (Fall)
Arena 11: 9396 (Fall)
Arena 10: 9356 (Fall)
Arena 6: 9043 (Seed)
I guess Nanami & Shiro fans are the same lol
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
much more stuff than ToadyShow
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hikarin is the best
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Chibasa wrote:The "interesting" results is Arena 6 for me...

How the fuck a seeding match can be the lowest Arena VF? :D

Last year at the same period, any side matches got more VF than a seeding match. Mikoto-Kurumi even got more VF than Quarterfinals matches...
Arena VFShow
Arena 1: 10289 (Semifinals)
Arena 2: 10152 (Semifinals)
Arena 5: 10110 (Seed)
Arena 14: 9970 (Divine)
Arena 4: 9929 (Male)
Arena 8: 9911 (Seed)
Arena 7: 9879 (Seed)
Arena 13: 9828 (Divine)
Arena 9: 9750 (Fall)
Arena 3: 9741 (Male)
Arena 12: 9635 (Fall)
Arena 11: 9396 (Fall)
Arena 10: 9356 (Fall)
Arena 6: 9043 (Seed)
I guess Nanami & Shiro fans are the same lol
Chibasa refrain from using the f-word here.
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Notable fact: In Baidu Tieba the vote-pullers have gone all around yelling for Yukino support.

To the exhibitions:
Mocha has done enough as a sub chara, although Mitsuki is more weird as she only has an OVA/movie.
The same goes for Tsubasa: Did she pop up in the on-air series? More than weird Tatsumaki?
For Sakurako and Kuon, the results are legit.

By the way, I finally get the "shark" trope of Shiro. It only applies to Chinese speakers.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:27 pm

akumaxx wrote: The same goes for Tsubasa: Did she pop up in the on-air series?
She was the main heroine for several on-air episodes in past 8 weeks
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
2017 Female Favorite: Shokuhō Misaki
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:59 am

Simply surprised with the result

What a huge amount of votes we had this round
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
DaystarRoga
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by DaystarRoga » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:06 am

AdolNick wrote:
Tsumikitty wrote:I can give you maps since that is just photoshop scripts. Time charts is another thing that broke on Excel and I don't have time to fix it.
If this is possible without taking too much time, it would be welcomed. Staff decision anyway.
DaystarRoga wrote:Wow, 5800, amazing, strong enough, hah? Interesting, and this can be a possible result without any multivotes. Good job really
Any proof or are you crying because your favourite lost ?
Of course I cry because of the lost of my favorite. If your favorite lost, I think you would cry, too.
As for any proof, sorry I have none. But, I believe that a number of people will doubt the result.
Actually I can accept the result of lost, but the disparity is rediculous. Then think of why Shiina got only 4400, 1400 less than Yukinoshita's.
Maybe one analysis I did before can help.
In Topaz 6 and Topaz 7 we found that Holo, Mashiro, Taiga, Kurisu got similar charts. We can believe that fans of Shiina voted like this in order to increase the PSAO of her. (Actually this appeared in every round during Topaz this year)
However in Topaz 6 even Holo got 3868, while Shiina got only 3715. Let's see the charts of them.
Then Topaz 7. Hole got 3963, while Shiina got only 3407, when their charts were almost as like as two peas.
I believe that you can understand my auxiliary line.
Some people said that operators cut lots of multivotes, and some explained that it was beacuse Asuna was strong enough to limit Shiina.
However none of these explanations can answer the question: why Shiina's underlines can get more votes than herself. If operatiors had cut multivotes, votes for Shiina and her underlines will decrease together.
I came up with one explanation then, which may also fit the occasion now: the operatiors cut the number of some charactors, based on their own consideration. When they think that some girls' votes are too high, they cut them down, without any proof. They, the operators, have no ability to cut the multivotes, so the only thing they can do is to modify the number of results.
Anyway I should thank operators' hard work for the whole year.
Last edited by DaystarRoga on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
2017 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: May children never suffer.

Post by Just » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:22 am

DaystarRoga wrote:
long textShow
AdolNick wrote:
Tsumikitty wrote:I can give you maps since that is just photoshop scripts. Time charts is another thing that broke on Excel and I don't have time to fix it.
If this is possible without taking too much time, it would be welcomed. Staff decision anyway.
Of course I cry because of the lost of my favorite. If your favorite lost, I think you would cry, too.
As for any proof, sorry I have none. But, I believe that a number of people will doubt the result.
Actually I can accept the result of lost, but the disparity is rediculous. Then think of why Shiina got only 4400, 1400 less than Yukinoshita's.
In Topaz 6 and Topaz 7 we found that Holo, Mashiro, Taiga, Kurisu got similar charts. We can believe that fans of Shiina voted like this in order to increase the PSAO of her. (Actually this appeared in every round during Topaz this year)
However in Topaz 6 even Holo got 3868, while Shiina got only 3715. Let's see the charts of them.
Then Topaz 7. Hole got 3963, while Shiina got only 3407, when their charts were almost as like as two peas.
Some people said that operators cut lots of multivotes, and some explained that it was beacuse Asuna was strong enough to limit Shiina.
However none of these explanations can answer the question: why Shiina's underlines can get more votes than herself. If operatiors had cut multivotes, votes for Shiina and her underlines will decrease together.
I came up with one explanation then, which may also fit the occasion now: the operatiors cut the number of some charactors, based on their own consideration. When they think that some girls' votes are too high, they cut them down, without any proof. They, the operators, have no ability to cut the multivotes, so the only thing they can do is to modify the number of results.

Holo, Mashiro, Taiga, Kurisu got similar charts -> Mashiro fans are responsible because they want to boost her underlings
Votes for Mashiro underlings actually all come from Mashiro fans -> If Mashiro's underlings get more votes than Mashiro, it is wrong
One character gets less votes than expected -> Some votes must have been cut

Wrong assumptions and flawed proof processes seldom lead to correct conclusions 0 0
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:34 am

Facepalm... they have always been like that because characters receive support from different regions which are active at different times. I don't know why anyone would expect smooth graphs that mirror each other.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:51 am

Just wrote:
DaystarRoga wrote:
long textShow
AdolNick wrote:

Holo, Mashiro, Taiga, Kurisu got similar charts -> Mashiro fans are responsible because they want to boost her underlings
Votes for Mashiro underlings actually all come from Mashiro fans -> If Mashiro's underlings get more votes than Mashiro, it is wrong

Wrong assumptions and flawed proof processes seldom lead to correct conclusions 0 0
DaystarRoga's analysis assume that Necklace is the only thing voters care about which is too simplistic a picture. It can be interpreted as considering majority of voters of being tactical minded and not voting simply for characters they like. It also ignores the biggest factor of them all, playoff placements and seeding. Due to seeding being determined by seeding scores, those who were struggling to make the playoff had chance of receiving top 5 seed placement which would have greatly improved their chance during postseason. Mashiro, Taiga, Kurisu were all fighting for playoff spot, and Horo may served as seed score transferer to some characters. When you consider all the different factors, making the necklace the only interest of a voter may be painting too simplistic picture of all the pain and worries faction leaders and multivoters endures when forming their ingenious plot for domination.

I am saddened that this analysis came so late. Had there been similar analysis early during Topaz period when we were struggling with Mashiro Multivoter ( evidence can be found here -> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), we might have picked up more hints about devious plans of the Mashiro multivoter and shut him down earlier. By showing this now, it makes people feel bad not only about the staff, but also about Mashiro as well, since if this claim is true, it may lead to one of the following conclusions : (1) Mashiro voters really tried hard to manipulate SAO values for Mashiro, or (2) it is a Multivoter who boosted Mashiro and her underlings. Either of those conclusions will blacken Mashiro's reputation in ISML and cast doubts on all Mashiro's performance.

Finally, please note that Time graphs for more than half of the arenas in Postseason Phase II Round 1 Day 1 contains curve similar to Shiina Mashiro. Should we say they are all due to Mashiro fan voting? Please check the maps and graphs in the following link.

http://internationalsaimoe.com/statistics/elimination/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DaystarRoga
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by DaystarRoga » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:23 am

maglor wrote:
Just wrote:
DaystarRoga wrote:
long textShow
AdolNick wrote:

DaystarRoga's analysis assume that Necklace is the only thing voters care about which is too simplistic a picture. It can be interpreted as considering majority of voters of being tactical minded and not voting simply for characters they like. It also ignores the biggest factor of them all, playoff placements and seeding. Due to seeding being determined by seeding scores, those who were struggling to make the playoff had chance of receiving top 5 seed placement which would have greatly improved their chance during postseason. Mashiro, Taiga, Kurisu were all fighting for playoff spot, and Horo may served as seed score transferer to some characters. When you consider all the different factors, making the necklace the only interest of a voter may be painting too simplistic picture of all the pain and worries faction leaders and multivoters endures when forming their ingenious plot for domination.

I am saddened that this analysis came so late. Had there been similar analysis early during Topaz period when we were struggling with Mashiro Multivoter ( evidence can be found here -> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ), we might have picked up more hints about devious plans of the Mashiro multivoter and shut him down earlier. By showing this now, it makes people feel bad not only about the staff, but also about Mashiro as well, since if this claim is true, it may lead to one of the following conclusions : (1) Mashiro voters really tried hard to manipulate SAO values for Mashiro, or (2) it is a Multivoter who boosted Mashiro and her underlings. Either of those conclusions will blacken Mashiro's reputation in ISML and cast doubts on all Mashiro's performance.

Finally, please note that Time graphs for more than half of the arenas in Postseason Phase II Round 1 Day 1 contains curve similar to Shiina Mashiro. Should we say they are all due to Mashiro fan voting? Please check the maps and graphs in the following link.

http://internationalsaimoe.com/statistics/elimination/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am a fan of Mashiro, so I pay lots of attention to her, and that's why I made her an example here. Now I am talking about you, operators, while Mashiro is just one instance to analyze what you have done to the results. So what happened in Postseason Phase II Round 1 Day 1 can explain nothing.
Also Mashiro will never be blamed, as I never heard that tactical votes should be blamed. Let me make some analysis why fans of Mashiro voted such consistently. Think of the Emerald 8, when Shiina got 10 PSAO ahead, however finally lost because Chitoge and Yui both got incredible 6000+. And when we saw the curves of Chitoge and Yui, we surprisingly found that they are as like as peas. They may have the ability to get so much votes, but I think no one will believe that almost all of the fans of Chitoge are just also fans of Yui(I just regarded this as real multivotes, whatever you think). Then Topaz is the last chance, plus the schedule can be predicted, I believe that most of those votes are kind of tactical votes, rather than multivotes. And tactical votes are legal(Or why you create so many rules. It can be much easier that the girl who gets the highest votes wins).( And I don't think those who want to boost Shiina, and those who want to help Kurisu and Taiga, just votes right at the same time. They both exist, however we can easily read from the charts that who is the majority).
Then in Topaz 7, referring to the charts which shows that Holo, Kurisu, Taiga, Mashiro, Charlotte's curves are alike, even Holo got 3963, while Shiina got only 3407(I don't mean that Holo can not get 3900+, but this is really incredible), how many percent the result may be like this if you didn't do anything?
And I should emphasize my point again: you have few methods to cut the real multivotes, so you just change the results based on nothing.
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:05 am

^
So in short, you consider:
results that are beneficial to Mashiro = legit
results that are not beneficial to Mashiro = not legit ?
DaystarRoga
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by DaystarRoga » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:21 am

10ZHAbin wrote:^
I don't know whether you have understood my analysis. But if you think I am crying for the lost of Mashiro, you may misunderstand me. What I am talking about is the operators, and Mashiro is only one example.
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:46 am

DaystarRoga wrote:
10ZHAbin wrote:^
I don't know whether you have understood my analysis. But if you think I am crying for the lost of Mashiro, you may misunderstand me. What I am talking about is the operators, and Mashiro is only one example.
Claiming yourself as a Mashiro fan, using results not beneficial to Mashiro as evidence to back up a made-up claim against operator, then show support for Mashiro's beneficial result. It shows your writing as a unreasonable tantrum than anything more proper. Your goal is the operator, but they are not the only who can see your words, you should use other results unrelated to Mashiro if you don't want others to think so.
Veon
Salamander
Salamander
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2018 Female Favorite: Tōsaka Rin
2017 Female Favorite: Tōsaka Rin
Wish: Contract?

Post by Veon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:52 am

This all discussion about Mashiro results...
DaystarRoga wrote: Actually I can accept the result of lost, but the disparity is rediculous. Then think of why Shiina got only 4400, 1400 less than Yukinoshita's.
More votes (legit or not), lost support from Onodera fans (Anti-Yukino votes) and great bonus from OreGairu Zoku that make this one of most popular LN.
Mostly second reason (HanaKana fans are terrifying force).
DaystarRoga wrote:
SpoilerShow
Assuming that all votes are strategical votes... and all comes from 1 faction... (also now we returning to Topaz)

Different characters, different matches, different amount of strategic votes.
In this situation:
Supporting Mashiro underlings was stategy for Mashiro faction.
But others factions after realizing what going on, had much simplier strategy. Stop Mashiro from enterning to the necklace match. They had no interest in Mashiro underlings.

Your theories have one flaw. You concentrate only on 1 faction activity. Without thinking, how others could vote.
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
2017 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: May children never suffer.

Post by Just » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:42 pm

Veon wrote:
too longShow
This all discussion about Mashiro results...
DaystarRoga wrote: Actually I can accept the result of lost, but the disparity is rediculous. Then think of why Shiina got only 4400, 1400 less than Yukinoshita's.
More votes (legit or not), lost support from Onodera fans (Anti-Yukino votes) and great bonus from OreGairu Zoku that make this one of most popular LN.
Mostly second reason (HanaKana fans are terrifying force).
DaystarRoga wrote:
SpoilerShow
Assuming that all votes are strategical votes... and all comes from 1 faction... (also now we returning to Topaz)

Different characters, different matches, different amount of strategic votes.
In this situation:
Supporting Mashiro underlings was stategy for Mashiro faction.
But others factions after realizing what going on, had much simplier strategy. Stop Mashiro from enterning to the necklace match. They had no interest in Mashiro underlings.

Your theories have one flaw. You concentrate only on 1 faction activity. Without thinking, how others could vote.
I miss that discussion we had after the Topaz Results 8 :> Takes up a lot of time, but it's fun to have one once in a while~
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki

Post by houreki » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:54 pm

DaystarRoga wrote: Then in Topaz 7, referring to the charts which shows that Holo, Kurisu, Taiga, Mashiro, Charlotte's curves are alike, even Holo got 3963, while Shiina got only 3407(I don't mean that Holo can not get 3900+, but this is really incredible), how many percent the result may be like this if you didn't do anything?
And I should emphasize my point again: you have few methods to cut the real multivotes, so you just change the results based on nothing.
Holo has her own fans, all those 3963 are not people who were voting for her just because she was Mashiro's underling, there is people who love/like her, so she getting more votes than Mashiro doesn't look strange to me.
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Yamada Naoko
Melon Pan: 120
2018 Male Favorite: Kyon
2017 Female Favorite: Kasumigaoka Utaha
Wish: Creating the best card game

Post by Chibasa » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:56 pm

In Topaz, Holo and Mashiro met Round 1.
Round 2,6,7: Holo got more votes than Mashiro.
Round 3,4,5: Mashiro got more votes than Holo.

We can saw Mashiro fans help Holo, for sure. But, Holo already got more vote than Mashiro in the past. Now, you have a boosted Holo, and a not-boosted Mashiro which can suffer antivotes from all Necklace Topaz competitors supporters and from other characters which are trying to get a better seeding for PS1(for sure, more important in Topaz).

Amethyst Round 5:
Holo 2988 - 2750 Charlotte Dunois
Nakamura Yuri 3928 - 3032 Shiina Mashiro

Ruby Round 3:
Aoyama Nanami 3345 - 2749 Shiina Mashiro
Hirasawa Yui 2771 - 2713 Holo

Ruby Round 7:
Holo 3522 - 2518 Nagato Yuki
Itsuka Kotori 3662 - 3168 Shiina Mashiro

See Holo's performances without boost.
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time