RESULTS: 2015 Postseason II-4

Single-Elimination Tournament and future ISML contests
Exxin
Bard
Bard
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason II-4

Post by Exxin » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:32 am

DaystarRoga wrote: I came up with one explanation then, which may also fit the occasion now: the operatiors cut the number of some charactors, based on their own consideration. When they think that some girls' votes are too high, they cut them down, without any proof. They, the operators, have no ability to cut the multivotes, so the only thing they can do is to modify the number of results.[/spoiler]
I think most of your argument is bs, but if you want to verify this then just see the result of the Tiara Final. If Chitanda wins then this is true. If Yukinoshita wins then it can't be.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason II-4

Post by maglor » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:37 am

Exxin wrote:
DaystarRoga wrote: I came up with one explanation then, which may also fit the occasion now: the operatiors cut the number of some charactors, based on their own consideration. When they think that some girls' votes are too high, they cut them down, without any proof. They, the operators, have no ability to cut the multivotes, so the only thing they can do is to modify the number of results.[/spoiler]
I think most of your argument is bs, but if you want to verify this then just see the result of the Tiara Final. If Chitanda wins then this is true. If Yukinoshita wins then it can't be.
I am puzzled why you think that if Chitanda's wins, it verifies the claims against us. It isn't like Chitanda has no fans. Didn't Chitanda already defeated Onodera Kosaki who made it to Circlet Finals? Also, hasn't Yukino struggled in recent matches, starting with Eucliwood who is much weaker than Chitanda Eru ?

Please check the following metrics -> viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6591&p=348850#p348835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At worst, we have #1 vs #4 in this final. At best it is 102.63 vs 102.305 . I think you are severely underestimating Chitanda Eru and the impact of all the returning voters who has favored Eru much more than Yukino in 2014 -> http://2014.internationalsaimoe.com/statistics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also do consider that due to ToC's approach, many voters have very good reason to return and start paying attention to today's match.

Therefore, I would appreciate it if you can lay out your reasons. Perhaps you can enlighten us on something that can help all of us in the long run. Due to exorbitant amount of multivotes we were encountering for the last two month, we did try to upgrade our process whenever we could. I'm sorry but I can't reveal much more than this, but I do want you to know that we tried our best to discern the collective will of the legit voters and stop multivoter from twisting the result. It always is complicated, and sometimes it is hard to figure out what the legit voter wants or what is the intent of the multivoter. I admit we can make a mistake or be wrong about something. However, what is being suggested by DaystarRoga is something we try our best to avoid.