2010 ISML Nomination plans

Nominations and other events occurring before the Main Tournament
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Re: 2010 ISML Nomination plans

Post by hinakatbklyn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:55 pm

My original 7 pre nominations should be safe, but looks like I need to switch another character with a new addition. She probably wasn't ready with the first season, but with the second season of Queen's Blade, I'm beginning to think Airi would deserve a nomination.

(Edit) Hate to do this, but now I have to adjust my pre nominations in the worst case scenario that Mikoto was pushed out of the preliminaries because of the new update in automatic nominations. In this case everyone on my list outside of Mio is on the chopping block. Mikoto and her railgun series has been showing alot of promise lately. I have a bad feeling that not enough will nominate Mikoto assuming they believe that she may still be in the preliminaries. Cross my fingers that doesn't happen.
Kaito_Dash
Dojikko
Dojikko
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 50

Post by Kaito_Dash » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Haa... Finally, I sorted mine out.

Actually, this is not my best tier, but can't help it.

I pulled someone out of my nomination plan as I don't think they will stand a chance, especially after the preliminaries period is underway.
For example, Saki characters, they take too many slots of my nomination and at last, only one left. Lucky me, Momoko is auto-qualifier.

And so many others have to be pulled out, sorry girls.

Misaka Mikoto (Unlucky, she get kicked out off the auto-pool. Sorry Kawazoe Tamaki, you were not impressive enough previous years)
Harada Riku (I need to choose this girl. Sorry Isurugi Noe)
Akiyama Mio
Kuronuma Sawako (Comes late to take another seat. Sorry Felli Loss, considering your progress in JSaimoe, I don't think you will survive)
Takei Hisa
Amamiya Yuuko
Teletha 'Tessa' Testarossa
Tennousu Athena (I believe she is accepted, at least she has some dialogues, or not?)
Yagami Hayate
Saten Ruiko (Comes late to take another seat too, Sorry Mizuno Kaede, I love Ruiko more.)
ImageImage
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:57 am

Kaito_Dash wrote:Haa... Finally, I sorted mine out.

Actually, this is not my best tier, but can't help it.

I pulled someone out of my nomination plan as I don't think they will stand a chance, especially after the preliminaries period is underway.
For example, Saki characters, they take too many slots of my nomination and at last, only one left. Lucky me, Momoko is auto-qualifier.

And so many others have to be pulled out, sorry girls.

Misaka Mikoto (Unlucky, she get kicked out off the auto-pool. Sorry Kawazoe Tamaki, you were not impressive enough previous years)
Harada Riku (I need to choose this girl. Sorry Isurugi Noe)
Akiyama Mio
Kuronuma Sawako (Comes late to take another seat. Sorry Felli Loss, considering your progress in JSaimoe, I don't think you will survive)
Takei Hisa
Amamiya Yuuko
Teletha 'Tessa' Testarossa
Tennousu Athena (I believe she is accepted, at least she has some dialogues, or not?)
Yagami Hayate
Saten Ruiko (Comes late to take another seat too, Sorry Mizuno Kaede, I love Ruiko more.)
Thank you for agreeing with many of my choices. Tennousu Athena is a problem. At current time, Athena exists more as a concept, not as a character that has multiple types of interactions with other characters. Yet, if 3rd season of Hayate gets started, we have to say Athena started appearing from 2nd season. If there is a vote in this matter, my vote would be 'No, she does not have enough dialogue lines nor was active in the scene long enough to be considered eligible'

As I wrote in Animesuki, I have finalized my nomination list. Here is a recap.

The big change is dropping of Hanato Kobato and elevating Tsuchimiya Kagura

1. Saten Ruiko ( A Certain Scientific Super Electronic Gun ) : A rather complicated, yet in another sight very humane character. She is cute, with rather decent 'assets'.

2. Sakurazaki Setsuna ( Magical Teacher Negima?! ) : You guys all know my fetishes.

3. Kuronuma Sawako ( Hoping to reach you ) : She is the type that is ' Soft on the outside, but firm in the inside ". Despite various weakness, she shows strong resolve whenever it is needed. She can be cute as well.

4. Isara Gunther ( Valkyria Chronicles ) : Engineering Beauties are precious.

5. Isayama Yomi ( Servant Spirit Zero ) : I have a soft spot for the tragic heroine.

6. Amamiya Yuuko ( EF ) : No way will I ignore Maetel lookalike angel.

7. Mizunashi Akari ( ARIA ) : Let's accomplish the Aquamarine Miracle.

8. Shihou Matsuri ( SOLA ) : There is much to like about her. May be the best role by Noto Mamiko.

9. Tsukamoto Yakumo ( School Rumble ) : Imouto Moe!!!

10. Tsuchimiya Kagura ( Servant Spirit Zero ) : Byakuyei is merely an option.

and if we do go to 12

11. Toudou Shimako ( Holy Mary watching you ) : She is a goddess. White Rose for the Win!!!

12. Chiba Kirino ( Bamboo Blade ) : Unfurl the Golden Lion Flag!
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Wish: Bottomless ramen

Post by Marinara » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:19 am

Struggling to narrow down from this list:
  • Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke) - Such a sweet girl who has the hilarious tendency to scare people around her with her overly nervous and serious attitude.
    SpoilerShow
  • Winry Rockbell (Full metal alchemist: brotherhood) - A strong girl who supports Ed and Al full heartedly
    SpoilerShow
  • Mizunashi Akari (Aria) - Enchanting and amiable, she finds beauty in everything.
    SpoilerShow
  • Alice Carroll (Aria) - Shy yet determined, she can be overly serious and cares deeply for the people close to her.
    SpoilerShow
  • Ellis (El cazador de la bruja) - Sweet, shy....hmmm, she might get scratched due to the lowered chance people will know of her and nominate.
    SpoilerShow
  • Teletha Testarossa (Full metal panic!) -Gotta love those strong girls who know what to do and when to do it.
    SpoilerShow
  • Amamiya Manami (gakuen utopia manabi straight!) - has a very active personality and gives everything a lot of effort.
    SpoilerShow
  • Etoh Mei (Gakuen utopia manabi straight) - a stubborn girl who tends to be industrious and competitive despite her standoffish nature. Mei secretly desires to be friendlier, but finds it difficult to express her emotions.
    SpoilerShow
  • Yuno (hidamari sketch) - a young, playful girl and dreams of being a great artist someday.
    SpoilerShow
  • Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier) - a lively and cheerful girl and is noted to be somewhat naive.
    SpoilerShow
  • Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) - extremely reliable, full of righteousness and loves taking care of others.
    SpoilerShow
  • Miyanaga Saki (Saki) - Meek yet strong, she values her mahjong friends and always thinks of others.
    SpoilerShow
  • Noda Megumi (Nodame Cantabile) - Noda is a free-spirited girl and a complete slob: her cooking and cleaning skills are atrocious to the point of having mushrooms growing on her clothes. However she is an incredibly talented pianist who primarily plays by ear, in a cantabile style.
    SpoilerShow
  • Isara Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles) - My one imouto favorite here; I admire her strength in dealing with the prejudice that surrounds her, as well as admiring her intelligence in tank mechanics.
    SpoilerShow
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator

Post by hinakatbklyn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:43 am

maglor wrote:
Kaito_Dash wrote:
Misaka Mikoto (Unlucky, she get kicked out off the auto-pool.

1. Saten Ruiko ( A Certain Scientific Super Electronic Gun ) : A rather complicated, yet in another sight very humane character. She is cute, with rather decent 'assets'.

12. Chiba Kirino ( Bamboo Blade ) : Unfurl the Golden Lion Flag!
With the railgun series still current, Mikoto should at least be in the preliminaries, but with fewer slots this year, a few upsets could keep her out, but I don't see that happening. She'll electrocute anyone who stands in her way.

I can see the same happening to Ruiko. Fewer slots stronger challengers could cause problems, but she could benefit from the railgun series.

On the other hand, To have a current dub for Bamboo Blade could give a boost to Kirino. Dub or no dub she reached J-saimoe's final 8 (at Yuki Mikan's expense) I could see her fighting her way in to the top 50. Her cuteness should help add to her stats

So many favorites already in the preliminaries or top 50 (Hinagiku included), my priorities this year are Mio and Misaka Mikoto.
amdrag
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Wish: a lack of zetsuboushita.

Post by amdrag » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:07 am

My plans, in no particular order:

Haruhi Fujioka @ Ouran High School Host Club
Tsuruya/Nyoro~n @ The Fill-in-the-blank of Haruhi Suzumiya
Kafuka Fuura @ Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Abiru Kobushi @ Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Maria Sekiutsu @ Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Kaere Kimura @ Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (I was gonna stop at 3, but if I didn't let her in, she'd sue me.)
Mai Kawasumi @ Kanon
Sayuri Kurata @ Kanon
Ayu Tsukimiya @ Kanon
Mikoto Misaka @ A Certain Adjective Noun
Stocking's gonna need to see your f*****' hands at the concert.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Post by Crisu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:39 am

In case you missed it on the news blog (please read it more~ <3), we have now increased nomination slots to 12.

We hope this eases the pain a bit from having to decide your moe-est girls. And we hope to see more characters in the results, too!
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:13 pm

I reduced my list to fifteen girls... I don't know if I shall not vote for a girl who won't pass for sure or for a girl who will pass for sure ^^
For example, I'm pretty sure that Misaka, Tsuruya and Saki will make it to the Preliminaries, but in the same time if they don't, I'll feel guilty ^^

- Tsuruya-san (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu) : My all-time favorite character, always cheerful and with beautiful green hair <3
- Asa Shigure (Shuffle!) : Green hair and cheerful, the best combination again :)
- Chihiro Shindou (ef - a tale of memories) : Her story is so beautiful ! I know that she's generally not the most loved character of the show, but I still love her !
- Ayumu Nishisawa (Hayate no Gotoku!) : She's supposed to be the only normal and average girl of the show but I find her so cute... And Hina-chan is already in ISML ^^
- Akiyama Mio (K-ON!) : I still don't understand why she couldn't make it to the Preliminaries, so I want to send her with Yui and Azusa :)
- Echo (Pandora Hearts) : A new Yuki/Rei like character, huhu... Very cute, but not enough screen time :(
- Kuroko Shirai (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun) : 'cause she's perverted
- Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion) : Obvious :0
- Yue Ayase (Negima?!) : I find her the most interesting girl in the show !
- Saki Miyanaga (Saki) : So many Saki characters are already in the Preliminaries, and the main heroine is not ! That's terrible !
- Kaede Mizuno (Nyan Koi!) : What a wonderful smile !
- Kurimu Sakurano (Seitokai no Ichizon) : Because she's not a child anymore !
- Yuffie Kisaragi (Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children) : Materiaaaaaa !
- Kotone Kirishima (Nyan Koi!) : One of the twins, the stalker one (the other is a "classic" tsundere ^^)
- Misaka Mikoto (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun) : Biribiri has to come back in ISML !
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Marinara wrote:Struggling to narrow down from this list:
  • Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke) - Such a sweet girl who has the hilarious tendency to scare people around her with her overly nervous and serious attitude.
    SpoilerShow
  • Winry Rockbell (Full metal alchemist: brotherhood) - A strong girl who supports Ed and Al full heartedly
    SpoilerShow
  • Mizunashi Akari (Aria) - Enchanting and amiable, she finds beauty in everything.
    SpoilerShow
  • Alice Carroll (Aria) - Shy yet determined, she can be overly serious and cares deeply for the people close to her.
    SpoilerShow
  • Ellis (El cazador de la bruja) - Sweet, shy....hmmm, she might get scratched due to the lowered chance people will know of her and nominate.
    SpoilerShow
  • Teletha Testarossa (Full metal panic!) -Gotta love those strong girls who know what to do and when to do it.
    SpoilerShow
  • Amamiya Manami (gakuen utopia manabi straight!) - has a very active personality and gives everything a lot of effort.
    SpoilerShow
  • Etoh Mei (Gakuen utopia manabi straight) - a stubborn girl who tends to be industrious and competitive despite her standoffish nature. Mei secretly desires to be friendlier, but finds it difficult to express her emotions.
    SpoilerShow
  • Yuno (hidamari sketch) - a young, playful girl and dreams of being a great artist someday.
    SpoilerShow
  • Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier) - a lively and cheerful girl and is noted to be somewhat naive.
    SpoilerShow
  • Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles) - extremely reliable, full of righteousness and loves taking care of others.
    SpoilerShow
  • Miyanaga Saki (Saki) - Meek yet strong, she values her mahjong friends and always thinks of others.
    SpoilerShow
  • Noda Megumi (Nodame Cantabile) - Noda is a free-spirited girl and a complete slob: her cooking and cleaning skills are atrocious to the point of having mushrooms growing on her clothes. However she is an incredibly talented pianist who primarily plays by ear, in a cantabile style.
    SpoilerShow
  • Isara Gunther (Valkyria Chronicles) - My one imouto favorite here; I admire her strength in dealing with the prejudice that surrounds her, as well as admiring her intelligence in tank mechanics.
    SpoilerShow
I like your list and beg you to keep Isara Gunther in the final list.
Kaito_Dash
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Kaito_Dash » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:29 pm

There it is, the more nomination slot.
It seems that there will be two more to get my votes.

And I think that is all concluded for me:

Misaka Mikoto (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
Harada Riku (D.N.Angel)
Akiyama Mio (K-ON!)
Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke)
Takei Hisa (Saki)
Amamiya Yuuko (ef)
Teletha 'Tessa' Testarossa (Full Metal Panic!)
Tennousu Athena (Hayate no Gotoku!!)
Yagami Hayate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)
Saten Ruiko (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
Mizuno Kaede (Nyan Koi!)
Felli Loss (Koukaku no Regios)

Lucky, Kaede and Felli get one point from me.
ImageImage
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Kaito_Dash wrote:There it is, the more nomination slot.
It seems that there will be two more to get my votes.

And I think that is all concluded for me:

Misaka Mikoto (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
Harada Riku (D.N.Angel)
Akiyama Mio (K-ON!)
Kuronuma Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke)
Takei Hisa (Saki)
Amamiya Yuuko (ef)
Teletha 'Tessa' Testarossa (Full Metal Panic!)
Tennousu Athena (Hayate no Gotoku!!)
Yagami Hayate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)
Saten Ruiko (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
Mizuno Kaede (Nyan Koi!)
Felli Loss (Koukaku no Regios)

Lucky, Kaede and Felli get one point from me.
Just got the confirmation. Tennousu Athena from Hayate no Gotoku is not eligible for not having enough screen time, dialog lines, nor sufficient interactions with characters on screen at this current point. Although she has much bigger role in the original manga, in the anime episodes that was broadcast so far, she existed more as a small segment of vague memory instead of real character which we can witness interaction with other characters and/or plot.
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator

Post by hinakatbklyn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:30 pm

If there was another Hayate no gotoku season I would think Athena would be included, which would mean ISML 2011.

That does however bring up an interesting scenario. The fact that Reimu can't be nominated kept Mikoto from an auto nomination (Via relegation). Athena was actually in J-saimoe and won a round. Given the current rules, had Athena (worst case scenario) made the final 8 of J-saimoe (a requirement for ISML 2010 preliminaries), would that keep the Final 8 from J-saimoe from being automatic nominations in ISML(Other than Taiga and Yui)?

The relegation tournament was part of ISML, but J-Saimoe is a separate tournament.
advance94
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Alice Margatroid
Wish: Shana to finally WIN a major Saimoe tournament

Post by advance94 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:11 am

I'm still wondering whether to put their first name first or last name first when nominating
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:40 am

Can't think of too many conflicting first or last names from the same series. The only conflicting first or last name I can think of off the top of my head would be Katsura, but that wouldn't apply because even if Yukiji was going to be nominated, Hinagiku is already in the tournament. When in doubt use the full name.
Kaito_Dash
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Kaito_Dash » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:15 am

maglor wrote:Just got the confirmation. Tennousu Athena from Hayate no Gotoku is not eligible for not having enough screen time, dialog lines, nor sufficient interactions with characters on screen at this current point. Although she has much bigger role in the original manga, in the anime episodes that was broadcast so far, she existed more as a small segment of vague memory instead of real character which we can witness interaction with other characters and/or plot.
I forgot to erase that line while I was writing that post.
Quite a pain for not able to nominate Athena, but that means I can take another into my slot.

I wonder if I should nominate Toudou Elise? (Seitokai)

About first name/last name first, I don't think it makes difference. As everyone know that there are two ways to write Japanese names, I don't think it will make confusion.
ImageImage
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:01 am

hinakatbklyn wrote:That does however bring up an interesting scenario. The fact that Reimu can't be nominated kept Mikoto from an auto nomination (Via relegation). Athena was actually in J-saimoe and won a round. Given the current rules, had Athena (worst case scenario) made the final 8 of J-saimoe (a requirement for ISML 2010 preliminaries), would that keep the Final 8 from J-saimoe from being automatic nominations in ISML(Other than Taiga and Yui)?
That is a fair point. Our decision was based on the fact that under Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution disallows Touhou. However, now that I looked back at it, I believe we may have missed an important point in our decision. Section 3 is only for Preliminary Period (and subsequently the Regular Season and Postseason), and the Relegation Tournament is seen as an eligibility phase that precedes the Preliminary Period. Since the Relegation Tournament is just an eligibility phase for ISML 2010, it should have the same qualifications as the Nomination Phase, which does not make Touhou ineligible.

In short, I apologize on behalf of ISML for this mistake, and we will discuss this problem among the staff.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
advance94
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Alice Margatroid
Wish: Shana to finally WIN a major Saimoe tournament

Post by advance94 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:28 pm

hinakatbklyn wrote:Can't think of too many conflicting first or last names from the same series. The only conflicting first or last name I can think of off the top of my head would be Katsura, but that wouldn't apply because even if Yukiji was going to be nominated, Hinagiku is already in the tournament. When in doubt use the full name.
I was wondering when putting down a full name whether I should put last name then first name or first name then last name since this tournament usually goes last name then first name if the character is from Japan
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:38 pm

advance94 wrote:
hinakatbklyn wrote:Can't think of too many conflicting first or last names from the same series. The only conflicting first or last name I can think of off the top of my head would be Katsura, but that wouldn't apply because even if Yukiji was going to be nominated, Hinagiku is already in the tournament. When in doubt use the full name.
I was wondering when putting down a full name whether I should put last name then first name or first name then last name since this tournament usually goes last name then first name if the character is from Japan
It doesn't matter the order. You can do both. It's important that were able to distinguish from other characters so full name is recommended (of course you don't need the full name of characters that have too many names, a given name and family name should suffice).
Alexftw
Harem lead
Harem lead

Post by Alexftw » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:37 pm

I can't wait for ISML to start back up again! As of now, my list still stays the same. I'm guessing manga only characters can't be nominated, right?

Anyways, here's my list:

1. Riza Hawkeye (FMA)
2. Beatrice (Umineko)
3. Rebecca Miyamoto (Pani Poni Dash)
4. Eve (Black Cat)
5. Kuroko Shirai (Rail Gun)
6. Yakumo Tsukamoto (School Rumble)
Anddd, that's it. (:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Xalathal
Dakimakura
Dakimakura
Worships: Haruhi Suzumiya
Wish: Fujibayashi Ryou to win a necklace.

Post by Xalathal » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Only three (two and a half) days left at long last..

And here is my list:

1. Shiori Misaka (Kanon)
2. Asa Shigure (Shuffle)
3. Kallen Stadtfeld (Code Geass)
4. Shiho Matsuri (Sola)
5. Kana Minami (Minami-Ke)
6. Mikan Yūki (To Love-Ru)
7. Ryou Fujibayashi (Clannad)
8. Kaede Mizuno (Nyan koi!)
9. Sakuya Aizawa (Hayate no Gotoku)
10. Kurata Sayuri (Kanon)
11. Tsuruya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)

And i still dunno who to nominate in my 12th slot. Maybe Kaede from Shuffle or Nadeko Sengoku from Bakemonogatari.. or Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles
ImageImageImageImageImage