RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Single-Elimination Tournament and future ISML contests
User avatar
Magnux7
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Posts: 478
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:49 pm
Worships: Shana
Melon Pan: 85
Wish: More cute yuri in anime *-*
Location: Norway

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by Magnux7 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Desufire wrote:Ughhhh. UUUUGHHHH.

You had one job ISML. ONE JOB. And you blew it. You gave it to a shitty character who can't even bother trying to understand her own shitty friend's issues.

Wow.

Posters are amazing. But that one result sours the entire everything
This made me laugh :lol:

I fully agree though. Ayase winning is a disaster and disgrace of ISML.
Image Image
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:07 pm
Melon Pan: 55

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Second season Ayase alone..... I would have considered her either neutral or at least a fair weather support.
The first season was more than enough for me not to even consider supporting her.
User avatar
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Alphinaud's carbuncle
Melon Pan: 81
2018 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2018 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: Cancel Zenos

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by Kiwigiwi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Desufire wrote:Ughhhh. UUUUGHHHH.

You had one job ISML. ONE JOB. And you blew it. You gave it to a shitty character who can't even bother trying to understand her own shitty friend's issues.

Wow.

Posters are amazing. But that one result sours the entire everything
Pretty much majority of ISML winners don't deserve it, tbh. It doesn't surprise me anymore.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by Bastion » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Momo wrote:Even though we're not allowed to huggle her because she's sick *cry
*hugs anyway since he's confident in his immune system :P
User avatar
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Posts: 4073
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:35 am
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by Kordosa » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:42 am

Toady wrote:Kosaki-chan, you did your best @_@ The fight is not over yet!
Also lol @ Ayase. I kinda like her, but I don't think she deserves this win ^^'
Kordosa wrote: @ Staff: I wish we had the bracket graphics during the division finals, and updated as it went along. Or at the very least, the starting brackets... Would be nice for the league finals as well.
I think maglor said the starting brackets were not defined, and could change depending on the results of each match, to avoid too many intra-series fights.*
But yeah, from an external point of view, it was very hard to follow the tournament. The regular voter has no idea about who will be qualified for the next part of Postseason, it's a bit sad.
*Emphasis mine.

Seriously? So instead of using the standard tournament bracket matching, the Staff used its own discretion to place the Contestants, regardless of how well they actually finished during the regular season? What exactly is the issue with intra-series fights that would necessitate altering the starting brackets?
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
User avatar
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Posts: 1381
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 5:53 pm
Worships: Akiba
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Rabu touch!
Location: Imouto's room

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by superunature » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:26 am

lol ayase-tan

h8ers gonn'a h8
User avatar
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:09 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics
Location: Realm of Deceit

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by akumaxx » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:34 pm

avery-kun wrote:Well, isn't Yukino more of a Kanade clone than Onodera?
By voice, no.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
User avatar
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 am
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Love & Peace

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by Sphire » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:55 pm

Just came back after 36 hours to reconfirm:
AYASE DIAMOND <3
Kordosa wrote: Seriously? So instead of using the standard tournament bracket matching, the Staff used its own discretion to place the Contestants, regardless of how well they actually finished during the regular season? What exactly is the issue with intra-series fights that would necessitate altering the starting brackets?
I don't know about the seeding for the initial brackets itself, but the QF set of Yukino vs Jibril and Shiro vs Yuigahama was changed to not be intraseries as it was deemed too many. It should've been obvious though, given by looking at the PS1 main poster, you see Yukino and Yuigahama next to each other and Shiro and Jibril next to each other, meaning in the standard format, they should've met each other in the QF. So the staff split them and had Y vs J and Y vs S. Which is kinda weird since Jibril had the higher SS rank, so we got 1st vs 3rd in the QF. I'd have thought Yukino vs Shiro while Yuigahama vs Jibril would've been more appropriate, even though I know Shiro is stronger than Jibril (like how Ayase wasn't a rank 16), even if still resulting in both OreGairu girls advancing. I was interested in seeing if the staff would change the semis too (ie have Onodera vs Yukino and Chiyo vs Yuigahama), but they didn't, probably because having an interaseries finals was worse.

I don't know the full intricacies of the seeding formula for the initial bracket placements, but I do know it had a strong reliance on Topaz results, which is why Ayase ended up 16. Probably not that great to rely on Topaz so much, given the schedule is known and manipulation is ripe. On the whole, it's not a bad idea, as the ultimate winner has to beat everyone, and the losers all get a fair chance at making it into PS2 (well, unless people are wise enough to manipulate Quality Wins). It does affect seeding for PS2 though, seeing how Shiro would've made semis and then fought Chitoge in Round 4 (so beating Jibril then losing to Yukino), so she could've been seeded higher if she then also beat Chitoge. Heck, I guess she could've faced Kurisu in PS2 first round. :twisted:

I honestly don't mind the staff changing the brackets, especially for PS1 (PS2 is a bit different as we want to see Stella vs Nova) and I think it would be cool to introduce the same seeding utilised to determine the losers bracket be used to determine the winners bracket. Then the staff can chuck in criterias like minimalising intraseries fights, since voters do shy away from them. It might not have made much difference in terms of what we actually did get though, but at least it wouldn't be this weird mishmash of changed and strict brackets.
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
User avatar
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Posts: 8721
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: RESULTS: 2015 Postseason I-4

Post by maglor » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:14 am

Kordosa wrote:
Toady wrote:Kosaki-chan, you did your best @_@ The fight is not over yet!
Also lol @ Ayase. I kinda like her, but I don't think she deserves this win ^^'
Kordosa wrote: @ Staff: I wish we had the bracket graphics during the division finals, and updated as it went along. Or at the very least, the starting brackets... Would be nice for the league finals as well.
I think maglor said the starting brackets were not defined, and could change depending on the results of each match, to avoid too many intra-series fights.*
But yeah, from an external point of view, it was very hard to follow the tournament. The regular voter has no idea about who will be qualified for the next part of Postseason, it's a bit sad.
*Emphasis mine.

Seriously? So instead of using the standard tournament bracket matching, the Staff used its own discretion to place the Contestants, regardless of how well they actually finished during the regular season? What exactly is the issue with intra-series fights that would necessitate altering the starting brackets?

The basic format remains same as discussed in the following thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4519" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only difference is that we have added the Win-Loss among tied as a tie breaker before using Regular Season Rank. Everything done this year follows the exact process discussed in this thread
Image
Locked