1: 2017 Tiara winner
2: Misaka Mikoto , the ToC 2017 winner
3: Chitanda Eru, the ToC 2017 Runner-up
4, 5 : Tachibana Kanade, Shana <- ToC 2017 Semi-finalist. The order doesn't matter because 4th and 5th seed meet each other for round 1
6 - 8 : Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) , Itsuka Kotori, Akiyama Mio <- We have no idea to seed this, and anything we do won't be much better than random
1: 2017 Secpter winner <- he gets a bye in 2018 ToC
2: Lelouch Lamperouge , ToC 2017 Winner
3: Sora, the ToC 2017 Runner-up
4,5 : Oreki Hōtarō, Accelerator <- ToC 2017 Semi-finalist. The order doesn't matter because 4th and 5th seed meet each other for round 1
6, 7 : Kirigaya Kazuto, Kinoshita Hideyoshi <- We have no idea to seed this, and anything we do won't be much better than random
Therefore, we need to somehow find a way to decide 6th to 8th seed in a way that isn't "staff decision". There also was competing desire for someone new. A Compromise was reached
So the compromise is
1. We will use a proxy for the all 7 + 6 characters that will be in 2018 ToC
2. The proxy must not be anyone that already had a match in ISML during 2017, with exception of nominations
3. The proxy must not be from Touhou as we need to use them for something else
4. The proxy must be of same gender as the character in question.
5. The proxy must be someone most people can easily see the connection to the character. The connection can be, and not limited to: from same series, having similar visuals, having similar personalities, often being in similar situations, similar dialog pattern, same voice actor, etc.
6. The proxy is preferrably someone famous and popular.
7. The proxy is preferrably someone who can do well in typical ISML matches, or at least someone we expect better chance compared to other available proxies.
The exhibition arena will have 7 character ( 6 for males ), and the result ranking will be used to determine the 6th to 8th position. Other positions are locked up, so the proxies for these characters are there for the "FUN".
If the god, avery, permits, the arena will use range voting. Each characters can be assigned a value between 0.0 to 10.0 in 0.1 increments. 10.0 is when the voter really, really likes the character while 0.0 is when the voter don't like the character at all. People are free to assign the value as they please, so they can assign everyone 10.0 if they want to. The default value will be 0.0, so if the voter don't assign any value to the character, it will treat the case as the character receiving 0.0 points from that voter. The sum of all points the character receives will be the one that determines the rank, higher the better.
Please post your thoughts and suggestions. I will keep a list of the candidates for each of the characters, and then make a choice near July 14th, perhaps sooner, based on all the inputs, including how many people favor choice of certain proxy for the character.
- Claire Rouge. Red hair loli tsundere
Wilhelmina Carmel - same series
Ayano Kannagi - red hair flame power and sword
Hecate - same series
Margery Daw - same series
rei hino - fire
Mathilde Saint-Omer - Previous flame hair from SnS
Makoto Kino - Electric using, Onee-sama role
- Fuyumi Irisu
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)
Rias Gremory <- red hair seemingly dominant while in truth they like being dominated in a romantic relationship heroine
- Iwasawa Masami
- Tainaka Ritsu
Ueno Naoka ( Koe no Katachi )
- Kasuga Arata
- Tsuchimikado Motoharu
vicious from cowboy bebop
Andrew Gilbert Mills
- Narukami Yu
- Hyoudou Aoi
- Johan Liebert
Setsuna F Seiei
Rheinhard von Lohengramm
Schneizel el Britannia
naraku ( Inu Yasha )
Sebastian (Black Butler)
Oskar von Reuenthal
Firo Prochainezo (Baccano)
Shinra Kishitani (Drrr)