Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

2017 Elimination stage general discussions

Post by maglor » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:19 am

This thread is for discussing upcoming matches. There isn't strict limit on what can be posted as long as it is somewhat related to upcoming and potential matches in the future, except for very negative comments/posts about almost anything. Also please refrain from posting too much support materials for a character. A little bit of support post can be tolerated, but any post, that for some reason is deemed to be, or have become, too excessive may be deleted without warning.

Who will win the Tiara, Scepter, and Yearly seasonal crown? Who will get sniped? Who are the dark horses?
Haruka
~Blood Hunter~
~Blood Hunter~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 0
2020 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2020 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2019 Female Favorite: Violet Evergarden
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Satomi Rentarō

Re: 2017 Elimination stage general discussions

Post by Haruka » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:08 am

maglor wrote:Who will win the Tiara, Scepter, and Yearly seasonal crown? Who will get sniped? Who are the dark horses?

I think Mashiro (or Asuna) will obviously win the Tiara, imo.
For Scepter, Koro-sensei will Rude rule the world by win the Scepter (if not, 8man obviously get scepter).

I don't know what is Yearly Seasonal Crown.
My Forumoe Signature ArchiveShow
ImageImageImage
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
Melon Pan: 50
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 am

I think Asuna will win the Tiara, but nothing is sure yet. People are getting crazy during this final phase of the tournament, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone totally unexpected won. Of course, Rem was the strongest at the beginning of the year, so she may have a secret fanbase, just waiting the good moment to attack. Mashiro might be strong too.

For the Scepter, it should be a final between Korosensei and Hachiman. Somehow, many people are very interested in the Male tournament this year, so we might have some surprises there.

And Chtholly will win the Yearly Seasonal Crown, if that means beating the Summer and Fall champions.
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Toady wrote:I think Asuna will win the Tiara, but nothing is sure yet. People are getting crazy during this final phase of the tournament, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone totally unexpected won. Of course, Rem was the strongest at the beginning of the year, so she may have a secret fanbase, just waiting the good moment to attack. Mashiro might be strong too.

For the Scepter, it should be a final between Korosensei and Hachiman. Somehow, many people are very interested in the Male tournament this year, so we might have some surprises there.

And Chtholly will win the Yearly Seasonal Crown, if that means beating the Summer and Fall champions.
Chtholly do need to beat both Summer and Fall Champion in order to win the yearly seasonal crown. Guess, people should start campaigning for her again?
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:27 am

maglor wrote:
Toady wrote:
Chtholly do need to beat both Summer and Fall Champion in order to win the yearly seasonal crown. Guess, people should start campaigning for her again?
Well, fairly speaking:
- Kanna's hype has died down, but I think it will pick up again next year.
- Chtholly has the "it's a sad anime" advantage, which helps a lot in gaining sympathy votes (like Kanade.) Though I'm surprised that ISML manages to reflect that.
- If Youjitsu can keep its amount of votes (somehow, I wonder why people vote for this shit,) then I think we should consider them a powerful competitor (for at least Yearly seasonal crown. I doubt it will last, though.) But if it's Tendou... hmm no idea, both Youjitsu & Gamers have as much haters as lovers, but while somehow Youjitsu had got away with it so far, Gamers! hasn't. Either way, both have a polarizing pattern in terms of fanbase and its relation to reception, but its polar not really strong enough to sweep everything.
- Fall is too weak. Its best girl is not even eligible. If the internet is to be believed, then Blend S meme should dominate this. But, then again, we also have Schwi...

So, judging from above, I think Chtholly is in a good position to win it. Ofc, that doesn't mean her fans can rest on their laurels.
(she'd better be. it's not like she'll win anything else on iSML in the future, unless people suddely change taste/Kanade MV fans return.)
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
progheal
Pokémon trainer
Pokémon trainer
Worships: Fujisaki Chihiro
2018 Female Favorite: Suzumiya Haruhi
2018 Male Favorite: Satō Kazuma

Post by progheal » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:47 am

May I ask how the seeding of the elimination is decided?

From the lineup in female division, today's match looks like to be #2 vs #15 and #7 vs #10.
But in the male division the opponent of Korosensei is Okabe Rintaro. This does not look right, because:
(refer to this post for data)
  • If we seed them solely by CVP, #15 is Araragi Koyomi;
  • If we seed them first by number of wins, then by CVP (which is unlikely as noted below), #15 will be Gilgamesh (who share the same number of wins with Okabe but has higher CVP).
The reason the latter seeding method is unlikely is that:
  • The opponent of Rem is Makise Kurisu, which is #15 in the former method but #16 in the latter.
  • The other match of male division is Shiota Nagisa vs Levi, which will become #6 vs #11 in the latter method; although it is a possible match, it's not consistent with female division (Kato Megumi vs Shiro is #7 vs #10 in both method).
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:26 am

progheal wrote:May I ask how the seeding of the elimination is decided?

From the lineup in female division, today's match looks like to be #2 vs #15 and #7 vs #10.
But in the male division the opponent of Korosensei is Okabe Rintaro. This does not look right, because:
(refer to this post for data)
  • If we seed them solely by CVP, #15 is Araragi Koyomi;
  • If we seed them first by number of wins, then by CVP (which is unlikely as noted below), #15 will be Gilgamesh (who share the same number of wins with Okabe but has higher CVP).
The reason the latter seeding method is unlikely is that:
  • The opponent of Rem is Makise Kurisu, which is #15 in the former method but #16 in the latter.
  • The other match of male division is Shiota Nagisa vs Levi, which will become #6 vs #11 in the latter method; although it is a possible match, it's not consistent with female division (Kato Megumi vs Shiro is #7 vs #10 in both method).
We didn't want rematch of Diamond period match for the 1st stage of Elimination.

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/stat ... d/?round=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XIQQ
Dango
Dango
Badges:

Post by XIQQ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:30 am

Reverend wrote:
maglor wrote:
Toady wrote:
Well, fairly speaking:
- Kanna's hype has died down, but I think it will pick up again next year.
- Chtholly has the "it's a sad anime" advantage, which helps a lot in gaining sympathy votes (like Kanade.) Though I'm surprised that ISML manages to reflect that.
- If Youjitsu can keep its amount of votes (somehow, I wonder why people vote for this shit,) then I think we should consider them a powerful competitor (for at least Yearly seasonal crown. I doubt it will last, though.) But if it's Tendou... hmm no idea, both Youjitsu & Gamers have as much haters as lovers, but while somehow Youjitsu had got away with it so far, Gamers! hasn't. Either way, both have a polarizing pattern in terms of fanbase and its relation to reception, but its polar not really strong enough to sweep everything.
- Fall is too weak. Its best girl is not even eligible. If the internet is to be believed, then Blend S meme should dominate this. But, then again, we also have Schwi...

So, judging from above, I think Chtholly is in a good position to win it. Ofc, that doesn't mean her fans can rest on their laurels.
(she'd better be. it's not like she'll win anything else on iSML in the future, unless people suddely change taste/Kanade MV fans return.)
Well Chtholly pushed the number of votes in her match above the Female Devision, and no one else in this year's Seasonals came close, so...
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Nero Claudius
Melon Pan: 120
2020 Female Favorite: Nero Claudius
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Araragi Koyomi
2018 Male Favorite: Kyon
Wish: Anime girls to take over the world

Post by Chibasa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Power RankingShow
Favorites 1st Yūki Asuna:
Power: 97 CVP: 51.891 CVF: 54750 W/L: 34-0-1
After winning Topaz Necklace, Asuna slowly progressed towards leadership in CVP ranking. She finally took it to Rem during Diamond, while showing an impressive margin against all her opponents, gaining her favorite status. Will she stay strong enough until the end, now that she have to assume her leader position?
2nd Shiina Mashiro:
Power: 85 CVP: 50.445 CVF: 50920 W/L: 34-0-1
Mashiro is feared by every contestants since many years. This year ain't an exception. She has been defeated only once during the year, by Rin, during Fate power-spike (Ruby Period) just alike Asuna (defeated by Saber same round). However, she showed some huge difficulties to get her necklace and only succeed during Diamond, at the very end of the season. May she have problem again in the matches that count the most? Or will she be able finally get her Tiara?
2nd Rem:
Power: 85 CVP: 51.544 CVF: 51783 W/L: 34-0-1
After a impressive win during Spring Seasonal Tournament last year, she became favorite between all newcomers. And she did not disappoint anyone with her performances, leading the race during almost all the year. However, she still need to perform even more to succeed: she may face both Mashiro and Asuna to reach Tiara.

Rivals 4th Tokisaki Kurumi:
Power: 77 CVP: 50.161 CVF: 50224 W/L: 33-0-2
Still unable to win any prizes since 2013 Spring Seasonal Tournament, Kurumi once again showed good performances in Regular Season. If she finally performs in Elimination, she can become strongest outsider and should be respected by all her opponents. With Yoshino's failure, she's now alone to represent Date A Live. It's important to notice that she is not having any rest possible, starting Elimination Period facing Illyasviel.
5th Emilia:
Power: 75 CVP: 49.817 CVF: 49802 W/L: 33-0-2
In Rem's shadow, Emilia managed to be impressive all year. She secured a necklace early on and should cause problems to everyone who dare facing her. However, like Kurumi, she will have fierce opponents from the start.
6th Megumin:
Power: 69 CVP: 49.370 CVF: 50330 W/L: 33-0-2
After an explosive start, guiding her to leadership during Topaz period (CVP ranking). Megumin rapidly fall behind our three favorites but managed to stay above rest of the crowd pretty easily. Except in Ruby, she badly performed in necklace matches, but she seems strong enough in one on one matches to believe in her chances.
7th Yukinoshita Yukino:
Power: 64 CVP: 47.137 CVF: 47494 W/L: 32-0-3
Supposed to be one of the favorites at start of the year, Yukino didn't manage to get a necklace and failed to secure a good spot in Elimination Stage. Oregairu fall can be seen with Yuigahama and Iroha eliminations, letting Yukino alone (in female division). Facing Tōsaka Rin in Round of 16, she'll have to show some good performances from the start, it may be her last year as a top contender after all.
8th Katō Megumi:
Power: 62 CVP: 47.520 CVF: 48843 W/L: 32-0-3
Unlike some series above, Saekano progressed a lot this year, with season 2 boosting Katō Megumi into top 16 and almost Utaha with her. Katou even get Emerald Necklace, crowning her efforts and showing to other contestants that it will not be easy to deal with her. But with Shiro as first opponent, no mistake will be allowed for our heroine.
9th Shiro:
Power: 61 CVP: 46.945 CVF: 48225 W/L: 31-0-4
After her brother won Scepter last year, Jibril now didn't reach Elimination Stage... Shiro is left alone to represent No Game No Life and will have a lot of hard matches on her way, if she wants to join her brother. Defeated in Quarterfinals last year, Shiro seems to gain some consistency, but still didn't get any necklace yet. May she finally find the little support she need to overcome her obstacles?
10th Tōsaka Rin:
Power: 58 CVP: 46.993 CVF: 48393 W/L: 32-0-3
Undefeated before Diamond Period, with a Sapphire Necklace in the pocket, Rin showed extremely good performances. But she lost 3 times during Diamond Period, barely qualifying for Elimination Stage. Will she recover in time?

Underdogs 11th Tomori Nao:
Power: 47 CVP: 43.706 CVF: 44326 W/L: 31-0-4
Defeated in Quarterfinals last year by Mashiro after getting Topaz Necklace, we could await a lot from Nao this year. If she is still around, she seems a bit weaker already. She need to find new ressources to face Emilia.
12th Illyasviel von Einzbern:
Power: 45 CVP: 42.991 CVF: 44229 W/L: 26-1-8
Last year finalist showed that she is able to increase her performances when matches matters. She will need it, given her path to Tiara. In a very interesting group in Diamond, she was able to take down Megumin when she was last undefeated female this year. However she wasn't able to win over Nao, and get totally destroyed by Mashiro.
13th Aisaka Taiga:
Power: 42 CVP: 43.296 CVF: 42896 W/L: 28-0-7
Taiga showed some pretty good performances this year, and even beat Rin during Diamond. With Takasu Ryūji down in male division, she is now last hope for Toradora! She will need to do even better against Megumin.
14th Makise Kurisu:
Power: 37 CVP: 40.983 CVF: 41988 W/L: 23-0-12
Kurisu somehow managed to reach Round of 16 again, stepping up during end of Regular Season. However her power is unstable, she wasn't far from Emilia and Kurumi in Diamond but she also barely win her other matches. Still, she manage to get three wins during Diamond, benefitting from Saber fall. However, it should not be enough to overtakes Rem during her next match.
15th Takanashi Rikka:
Power: 33 CVP: 42.230 CVF: 43278 W/L: 24-0-11
Rikka made some convincing wins to secure her spot in top 16 but was really far from top contenders level during Diamond period. Facing Mashiro, she will need a huge step-up to create the miracle.
16th Kafū Chino:
Power: 25 CVP: 39.866 CVF: 39744 W/L: 24-0-11
The big surprise of this top 16, she has worst CVP and CVF. And will face Asuna in Round of 16. It's possible she won't be able doing anything but it will be interesting to see how a rabbit can perform against Rabbit Stew girl.
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
much more stuff than ToadyShow
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hikarin is the best
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:07 am

smartboyhw wrote:If Asuna wins Tiara, I quit ISML, definitely. (from 2014 Exhibition Thread)
So apparently, I am expecting to delete my account after ISML 2017.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:39 am

smartboyhw wrote:
smartboyhw wrote:If Asuna wins Tiara, I quit ISML, definitely. (from 2014 Exhibition Thread)
So apparently, I am expecting to delete my account after ISML 2017.
Chino looks like a good candidate for us to send to slit her throat
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Chibasa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:31 pm

#SaveSmartieOperation need to be launch !

Please change ISML fate to change his fate.
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
Hikarin is the best
xxx
Sylph
Sylph
Worships: Katō Megumi

Post by xxx » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:26 pm

Homemade poster
big picture
https://imgur.com/VUqRLSf
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:09 pm

xxx wrote:Homemade poster
big picture
https://imgur.com/VUqRLSf
Nice poster. It sets up battle between Illya can Kurumi as if it is an ultimate battle between light and darkness. Nice placements of words and weapons.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:30 am

So, apparently we didn't do a good job balancing Diamond groups. Perhaps next year, we should stop trying to avoid rematches when we enter Diamond period, and go straight with CVP.
IGNITE
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Worships: Air
Melon Pan: 268

Post by IGNITE » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 am

So the consolations for the past few rounds weren't just exhibitions, winners can still go into Top 16 in final rankings, this is the first time I've seen it in ISML, why was it implemented?
Credit to the pixiv artistsShow
Main Tournament
CandidatesBackgroundArtistCharacterArtist
Levi6999695623694308
Yukinoshita Yukino326091352165451
Tokisaki Kurumi5911903916154485
Riku Dola667141618024084
Archer6977173316154485
Okabe Rintarō5224903426711
Tōsaka Rin5394878212739740
Ayanokōji Kiyotaka69618131298993
Shiota Nagisa66081447101605488293140699
Takasu Ryūji6225557116154485
Yuigahama Yui6207723511270864
Emiya Kiritsugu7126293116154485
Saber783439088024084
Tomori Nao7632540716601961
Otonashi Yuzuru640692856451805
Kyon674759152165451
Yato774094368024084
Gilgamesh5075250313340232
Isla418097224906112
Eren Yeager794924892053329
Otosaka Yū7291321816154485
Aisaka Taiga7731598216823482
Agatsuma Zenitsu6244937024185901
Ōmae Kumiko418097224906112
Totsuka Saika382853286559742
Shiro6525274716154485
Ōji Mochizō7731598216823482
Akemi Homura681265149790122
Tomioka Giyū50226623 2165451
Kaneki Ken7596108310160
Kochō Shinobu783439088024084
Misaki Mei50353806809485
Kōsaka Reina7731598216823482
Sakata Gintoki74214546 202175
Akabane Karma64981051 16154485
Fukube Satoshi67335608 4127417
Akasaka Ryūnosuke56342769 211515
Doma Taihei71622362 4127417
Doma Umaru57383889 373498
Asada Shino676994592165451
Jibril640351535031877
Toc
Gokou Ruri761277508024084
Hikigaya Hachiman6341779311270864
Katou Megumi694303588024084
Korosensei418097224906112
Oreki Houtarou592253551511752
Sora743195178024084
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by maglor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 am

IGNITE wrote:So the consolations for the past few rounds weren't just exhibitions, winners can still go into Top 16 in final rankings, this is the first time I've seen it in ISML, why was it implemented?
Consolation for being sniped.
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Chibasa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:21 am

It's a bit replacing Wildcard system (we didn't have WildCard for Diamond).
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
Hikarin is the best
IGNITE
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Worships: Air
Melon Pan: 268

Post by IGNITE » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 am

Is there a page on the main site where I can view all the past elimination period preview posters for this year, like this one?
Credit to the pixiv artistsShow
Main Tournament
Levi6999695623694308
Yukinoshita Yukino326091352165451
Tokisaki Kurumi5911903916154485
Riku Dola667141618024084
Archer6977173316154485
Okabe Rintarō5224903426711
Tōsaka Rin5394878212739740
Ayanokōji Kiyotaka69618131298993
Shiota Nagisa66081447101605488293140699
Takasu Ryūji6225557116154485
Yuigahama Yui6207723511270864
Emiya Kiritsugu7126293116154485
Saber783439088024084
Tomori Nao7632540716601961
Otonashi Yuzuru640692856451805
Kyon674759152165451
Yato774094368024084
Gilgamesh5075250313340232
Isla418097224906112
Eren Yeager794924892053329
Otosaka Yū7291321816154485
Aisaka Taiga7731598216823482
Agatsuma Zenitsu6244937024185901
Ōmae Kumiko418097224906112
Totsuka Saika382853286559742
Shiro6525274716154485
Ōji Mochizō7731598216823482
Akemi Homura681265149790122
Tomioka Giyū50226623 2165451
Kaneki Ken7596108310160
Kochō Shinobu783439088024084
Misaki Mei50353806809485
Kōsaka Reina7731598216823482
Sakata Gintoki74214546 202175
Akabane Karma64981051 16154485
Fukube Satoshi67335608 4127417
Akasaka Ryūnosuke56342769 211515
Doma Taihei71622362 4127417
Doma Umaru57383889 373498
Asada Shino676994592165451
Jibril640351535031877
Toc
Gokou Ruri761277508024084
Hikigaya Hachiman6341779311270864
Katou Megumi694303588024084
Korosensei418097224906112
Oreki Houtarou592253551511752
Sora743195178024084
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi IGNITE,
From 2012 to 2015, you can find them in the statistics page of the Elimination part of the tournament: http://2012.internationalsaimoe.com/sta ... imination/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (replace 2012 by 2013, 2014 or 2015).
I don't know if there are others hidden somewhere.
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3