Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Topaz Period 2020 Featured Match Write-ups

Post by Momento10 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:38 pm

Featured Match previews/descriptions/teasers for ISML matches are needed every round. Anyone in the community is welcome to contribute in any language. Accepted submissions will be displayed on the front page during the voting round and archived on the site afterwards. You may receive cookies when you submit and/or help edit write-ups.

Archived write-ups can be found here for reference: http://2016.internationalsaimoe.com/con ... _index.php"

Guidelines
  • You must be fair to all candidates involved.
  • Writers have a max total of 5 previews per round.
  • 200-word limit for each Regular Season Female preview, Regular Season Male preview, and 1v1 Exhibition preview, regardless of content or style.
  • 300-word limit for each Exhibition 2v2 preview, due to the pairing of contestants.
  • 450-word limit for each Necklace/Pendant and Necklace/Pendant Exhibition preview.
  • Please use the spelling conventions that ISML uses (e.g. with the macrons ō and ū).
  • Because these will be on the front page, appropriateness and quality of writing are extremely important.
  • Please proofread your work from the perspective of a normal visitor; would he or she understand what you wrote?
  • Try to avoid major plot/character spoilers.
  • Unfortunately, not every submission will be featured.
  • And perhaps MOST IMPORTANT, final revisions of the submissions must be turned in, at the latest, at 5:00 GMT--5 hours before the start of each match.
Tips for Writers
  • Beware of long, cumbersome sentences. While many of them are technically correct, with their commas and conjunctions, they often sound very awkward and become difficult to follow after some length. Try to be considerate of your readers and vary up your sentences' lengths to create regular patterns. Read your works out loud and consider how each sentence sounds.
  • Be very careful of using the same words over and over (example: "girl"), and of using the same sentence structures repeatedly (ex: "Girl A blah blah blah blah blah. On the other hand, Girl B blah blah blah"). Avoid repetition and get creative with your descriptions of the contestants, while still remaining true to their characters.
  • Most of all, try to have fun with your writing! If you find yourself in a slump and using the same style repeatedly with no vigor to your work, then take a break. Maybe read a blog entry or something elsewhere to freshen up your language, then try to write on a clean page. If you're forcing yourself and not having fun, then stop. Come back for the next round. If you're having trouble with something, let us know here and someone or multiple "someones" is/are bound to jump in and aid you.
Post your writings here, and Staff will review and consider them. If you have just ideas, but not whole write-ups, that's okay, too! We can all help each other come up with the best paragraphs to introduce our matches. Thank you for helping to improve ISML!
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Re: Topaz Period 2020 Featured Match Write-ups

Post by Momento10 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:07 am

Ishida Shōya (Koe no Katachi) vs Ishigami Yū (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai)
SpoilerShow
Humans are so scary. What's the point of looking at them in the eye?

Looking back, I was such a foolish kid. I did some terrible things in the past. In return, I was treated like a horrible person, and those who I thought were my friends left me dry. Since then, I've been trying to change myself for the better. However, no matter what good I do, I will still be haunted by my prior actions. So, I block everyone's faces in my mind so I won't feel such betrayal ever again.

All I wanted to do was to help a friend who seemed to be kind to me. All I got for my heroism was the scorn of my classmates. No one believed a word I said, and it didn't help that I was the quiet, unsocial type that no one seemed to notice. I didn't do anything wrong, yet everyone turned their back on me. How can I trust what anyone says when they don't trust me to begin with?

Can I restore my faith in people once again? If I open my eyes, will I properly see their faces? Just once, I'd like to try it...
Togashi Yūta (Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!) vs Kingu(Enkidu) (Fate Series)
SpoilerShow
All they ever wanted was to find their place in the world. Togashi Yūta wanted to give up his eighth-grader syndrome ways and start high school in a clean slate. His ideal lifestyle spiraled out-of-control when a girl with similar symptoms encroached his space and glittered it with a variety of delusions. Going along with her antics while slowly trying to cure her may be the easiest way to deal with this situation, but it may open up embarrassing memories long sealed in his mind. Kingu believed that his main purpose was to serve his creator's wishes and defeat those who oppose her. When he met someone whom he should have remembered from his past, Kingu questioned whether or not the path he had chosen was the correct one. He had already made himself an enemy to the public; turning over a new leaf so suddenly would not only confuse his enemies, but also himself. Can Yūta rely on his dark flame powers once more, or will Kingu pierce through a path with his chains?
Last edited by Momento10 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grish
[Erithacus rubecula]
[Erithacus rubecula]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: birds
Melon Pan: 101
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2019 Female Favorite: Uraraka Ochako
2019 Male Favorite: Edward Elric
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck

Post by Grish » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:21 am

Momento10 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:07 am
How can I trust what anyone when they don't trust me to begin with?
Missing a verb? Trust what anyone... what?
defeat those who deft her
I am not sure what this is supposed to be but I do not think it is right
Can Yūta rely on this his dark flame powers
MALTumblr
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:38 pm

^Thanks for noticing those mistakes. Edits have been made.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:50 am

Yukinoshita Yukino (OreGairu) vs Yukinoshita Haruno (OreGairu)
SpoilerShow
Dear Sis,

I hate you. I'm always compared to you, always living under your shadow. Because of your influence in the success of the cultural festival, everyone has high expectations for me. How foolish. I'm not like you; I shouldn't be like you. I'm going to carve my own path, create a legacy of my own. I don't need your lore to overshadow mine. I will be remembered not as your younger sister, but as someone who, in her own way, assisted various individuals to find the path he or she was looking for.

Sincerely,
Yukino

To my cute little sister,

Know that the feeling is mutual. You don't understand how much freedom you truly have. You don't know how stressful it is to be the elder daughter. If you think living under my shadow is bad, try constantly getting molded as mom and dad's ideal child. There's no way I can bottle all my feelings in;I have to let it out as a smile or a laugh. It's better to be honest with yourself and have as much fun as you want while you are still young. Someday, you will understand.

From,
Your amazing sister, Haruno
Amano Hina (Tenki no Ko) vs Schwi Dola (No Game No Life)
SpoilerShow
Trying to find one's place in the world can be difficult at times. Amano Hina was not able to foresee a future outside of working various jobs to make ends meet. When she realized that she can make people happy by praying for sunshine, she felt as though she had found her calling. Seeing many people happy just by viewing a clear blue sky brought a smile to her face. Schwi Dola was cast aside from her colony, wandering the world as a rouge machine. When she met someone who needed her for information, she did not hesitate to side with for the time being. As long as she is able to complete her own personal mission of understanding human emotion, she will do whatever it takes to help the struggling humans. Who will be able to find the light at the end in her tunnel?
Wishing
Beef bowl
Beef bowl
Badges:
Worships: Kujo Jotaro
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Kafū Chino
2019 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race.

Post by Wishing » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:08 am

Kūjō Jōtarō (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) vs Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Jōtarō: Finally we meet each other again, Dio.
Dio: Do you believe in fate? The Joestar bloodline was mere dog shit on the road that is my destiny, even in this match. You're next, Jōtarō.
Jōtarō: You'll lose to me again, you bastard. I still have plenty more rage to hurl at you.
Dio: Hmph. I suppose I shall rise to your silly provocation, and test you just a bit more. One hundred years ago, I attained immortality, but I didn't feel as absolutely wonderful then as I do now! Thinking of terminating you by myself this time. This is the greatest high!
Jōtarō: (Getting closer without saying a word)
Dio: Oh? You're approaching me? Instead of running away, you're coming right to me? Why are you Joestars so stubborn about admitting defeat? Even though you won luckily last time, The World is still the ultimate Stand. It doesn’t matter whether you can or can’t move when time is stopped!
Jōtarō: I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer.
Dio: Oh ho! Then come as close as you like. This time I’ll unleash all of my Stand’s power. Jōtarō! You said something about being pissed off. But your fury can achieve nothing! And now, without pause, my final attack! The last and final time I will stop time! Within my nine seconds of stopped time, I shall end this! The World!
Wishing
Beef bowl
Beef bowl
Badges:
Worships: Kujo Jotaro
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Kafū Chino
2019 Male Favorite: Kūjō Jōtarō
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race.

Post by Wishing » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:10 am

Oh and if this one is on the main page, my name is Rem_Inory.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:23 am

SpoilerShow
Jōtarō: Finally, we meet again, Dio.
Dio: Do you believe in fate? The Joestar bloodline was a stepping stone for my destiny. You're next, Jōtarō.
Jōtarō: You'll lose to me again. I still have plenty more rage to hurl at you.
Dio: Hmph. I suppose I shall rise to your silly provocation and test you a bit more. One hundred years ago, I attained immortality, but I didn't feel as absolutely wonderful as I do now! This time, I'll terminate you by myself. This is the greatest high!
Jōtarō: (Walks closer while remaining silent)
Dio: Oh? You're approaching me, instead of running away? Why are you Joestars so stubborn about admitting defeat? Even though you won by luck last time, The World is still the ultimate Stand. It doesn’t matter whether you can or can’t move when time stops!
Jōtarō: I can't beat you without getting closer.
Dio: Then, come as close as you like! This time, I’ll unleash all of my Stand’s power. Jōtarō! You may be pissed off, but your fury will achieve nothing! And now, my final attack! Within my nine seconds of stopped time, I shall end this! The World!
@Wishing Thank you for the write-up. It was very good. I wanted to let you know that, when it comes to 1v1 matches, we have a 200 word limit, so I tried my best to trim your write up while trying to keep your style/prose. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the edits
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:46 am

Topaz 2
Yukinoshita Yukino (OreGairu) vs Yukinoshita Haruno (OreGairu)
SpoilerShow
Dear Sis,

I hate you. I'm always compared to you, always living under your shadow. Because of your influence in the success of the cultural festival, everyone has high expectations for me. How foolish. I'm not like you; I shouldn't be like you. I'm going to carve my own path, create a legacy of my own. I don't need your lore to overshadow mine. I will be remembered not as your younger sister, but as someone who, in her own way, assisted various individuals to find the path he or she was looking for.

Sincerely,
Yukino

To my cute little sister,

Know that the feeling is mutual. You don't understand how much freedom you truly have. You don't know how stressful it is to be the elder daughter. If you think living under my shadow is bad, try constantly getting molded as mom and dad's ideal child. There's no way I can bottle all my feelings in;I have to let it out as a smile or a laugh. It's better to be honest with yourself and have as much fun as you want while you are still young. Someday, you will understand.

From,
Your amazing sister, Haruno
SpoilerShow
Jōtarō: Finally, we meet again, Dio.
Dio: Do you believe in fate? The Joestar bloodline was a stepping stone for my destiny. You're next, Jōtarō.
Jōtarō: You'll lose to me again. I still have plenty more rage to hurl at you.
Dio: Hmph. I suppose I shall rise to your silly provocation and test you a bit more. One hundred years ago, I attained immortality, but I didn't feel as absolutely wonderful as I do now! This time, I'll terminate you by myself. This is the greatest high!
Jōtarō: (Walks closer while remaining silent)
Dio: Oh? You're approaching me, instead of running away? Why are you Joestars so stubborn about admitting defeat? Even though you won by luck last time, The World is still the ultimate Stand. It doesn’t matter whether you can or can’t move when time stops!
Jōtarō: I can't beat you without getting closer.
Dio: Then, come as close as you like! This time, I’ll unleash all of my Stand’s power. Jōtarō! You may be pissed off, but your fury will achieve nothing! And now, my final attack! Within my nine seconds of stopped time, I shall end this! The World!
Amano Hina (Tenki no Ko) vs Schwi Dola (No Game No Life)
SpoilerShow
Trying to find one's place in the world can be difficult at times. Amano Hina was not able to foresee a future outside of working various jobs to make ends meet. When she realized that she can make people happy by praying for sunshine, she felt as though she had found her calling. Seeing many people happy just by viewing a clear blue sky brought a smile to her face. Schwi Dola was cast aside from her colony, wandering the world as a rouge machine. When she met someone who needed her for information, she did not hesitate to side with for the time being. As long as she is able to complete her own personal mission of understanding human emotion, she will do whatever it takes to help the struggling humans. Who will be able to find the light at the end in her tunnel?
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:14 am

Rimuru Tempest vs Korosensei

Korosensei : Class. There is a blue ball and a yellow ball in the box. What is the probability that someone will draw yellow ball from the box?
Shiota Nagisa : 1/2 ?
Korosensei : No, it is 1 because the yellow ball will extend his tentacles and stick to the person's hand
Rimuru : Nah. It is 0 because the blue ball will swallow the yellow ball in one big gulp
Korosensei : Nuruhuhu. It isn't possible because the yellow ball will dodge with speed of mach 20!
Rimuru : But the blue ball will generate thread that will catch the yellow ball like a fly in the spider web!
Korosensei : But my slime makes me impervious to your sticky web, you Nagisa minor-copy.
Rimuru : Your octopus slime is no match for my true slime. Also, I'm prettier!
Korosensei : My students are prettier!
Shiota Nagisa : When will this childish bickering end?
Akabane Karma : Anyone got a picture of well endowed beautiful female in birthday suit?
(later on)
Rimuru : Wow! Look at that! But is it ok for this to be here?
Korosensei : Good teacher must not make students feel suffocated.

Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:14 am

Shiro (No Game No Life) vs Kafū Chino (Gochūmon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
SpoilerShow
Do not let their small stature deceive you; they are more mature than they appear. Shiro is the analytical person of the brother-sister duo. Everything she does is carefully calculated, creating the most optimal result in order to achieve victory. While she may be shy around strangers, once she gets to know them better, she becomes one of their most valuable allies. Because she worked at her family café for a long time, Kafū Chino is very polite and speaks in a formal manner. There have been many instances when she criticizes those who are older than her for acting immature. Once in a while, she will loosen up and try to enjoy life in a way a child her age would. Which of these two characters will find the courage to step out of her comfort zone in order to experience something new?
Satō Kazuma (KonoSuba) vs Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu)
SpoilerShow
It is not easy to always please a goddess, much less live a normal life while one is surrounded by an interesting assortment of friends. Although he is the laziest person of the group, Satō Kazuma is also the most reasonable one. Whenever any of his group members are caught in a dilemma, it is up to him to get them out of the situation. When any of his group members come up with brash ideas, it is up to him to reason with them. Their constant bickering may wear him down, but Kazuma enjoys this life more than anything else. Kyon wanted to make small talk with a mysterious, unorthodox student. Little did he know she would take over a majority of his life as she drags him around wherever she goes. Not only does Kyon need to make sure that she is continuously entertained, but also prevent her from knowing that the supernatural she was looking for is always around her. Life may be hectic, but he prefers that over a dull school life. Who will keep his sanity in check when it is all said and done?
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) vs Monkey D. Luffy (ONE PIECE)
SpoilerShow
Goals and dreams help push people forward. After a terrible incident that made him lose two limbs, Edward Elric decides to start a new life. Burning his house down, he sets off on a journey to find a way to get his brother's body back. If the Philosopher's Stone is truly as powerful as he thinks it is, Edward will do anything to get his hands on it, even if it means working for the government. An inspiring moment with his childhood hero made Monkey D. Luffy's aspirations of becoming a pirate even stronger. Not only does he want to earn the title "King of Pirates," he hopes that he would be able to reunite with his hero as a full-fledged pirate. Donning the hat that he treasures the most, Luffy sets his sight to find a team he can rely on to see his dreams bear fruit. Can Edward create his path to glory, or will Luffy stretch his way to victory?
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Saten Ruiko (Toaru Series) vs Asada Shino (Sword Art Online)
SpoilerShow
Acknowledging one's faults is a difficult task, but to see the hope beyond one's weakness is even more intimidating to overcome. Because she is friends with a variety of people with high levels, Saten Ruiko was concerned about whether or not her powerlessness was a hindrance to them. When her friends are in danger, she does not hesitate to take matters into her own hands to try and save them. There are some things only she can do, and she will do everything in her power to make sure that there is peace in her city. Because of a traumatic experience, Asada Shino became weak on her knees whenever someone mentions a gun. In an attempt to cure her mental state, she enters a virtual gun game, where she became one of the top players in the gaming world. Despite her high ranking, she is afraid that her real self and virtual self are two different beings and is unsure if there will ever be a time when both can be merged as one. Who will stay true to herself until the very end?
@maglor For Korosensei vs Rimuru, perhaps you can continue to list their strengths and qualifications, only to have them ultimately truly ending up in childish banter in order to elicit a response from those other people. For the ending outside responses, perhaps there is a slime equivalent people that can invoke a similar response to the assassin students. I have not watched Reincarnated as a Slime, nor have I read the manga, so I can't help you any further regarding what can be added for the match
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 am

Rimuru Tempest (Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken) vs Korosensei (Ansatsu Kyōshitsu)
SpoilerShow
Korosensei: Class, there is a blue ball and a yellow ball in the box. What is the probability that someone will draw a yellow ball from the box?
Shiota Nagisa: ½?
Korosensei: No, it is 1, because the yellow ball will extend its tentacles and stick it through the blue ball''s hand.
Rimuru: Nah. It is 0, because the blue ball will swallow the yellow ball in one big gulp.
Korosensei: Nuruhuhu. That isn't possible, because the yellow ball will dodge the blue ball in Mach 20 speed!
Rimuru: But, the blue ball will generate several threads that will catch the yellow ball like a fly in the spider web!
Korosensei: But, my slime makes me impervious to your sticky web, you inferior Nagisa clone!
Rimuru: Your octopus slime is no match for my true slime. Also, I'm prettier!
Korosensei: My students are prettier!
Shiota Nagisa: When will this childish bickering end?
Akabane Karma: Anyone got a picture of well-endowed, beautiful female in birthday suit?
(a few moments later)
Rimuru: Wow! Look at that! But, is it okay for this to be here?
Korosensei: A good teacher must not make his students feel suffocated.
@maglor I have finished editing your work. Please let me know whether or not you have any questions regarding these edits.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:22 am

Topaz 3
Saten Ruiko (Toaru Series) vs Asada Shino (Sword Art Online)
SpoilerShow
Acknowledging one's faults is a difficult task, but to see the hope beyond one's weakness is even more intimidating to overcome. Because she is friends with a variety of people with high levels, Saten Ruiko was concerned about whether or not her powerlessness was a hindrance to them. When her friends are in danger, she does not hesitate to take matters into her own hands to try and save them. There are some things only she can do, and she will do everything in her power to make sure that there is peace in her city. Because of a traumatic experience, Asada Shino became weak on her knees whenever someone mentions a gun. In an attempt to cure her mental state, she enters a virtual gun game, where she became one of the top players in the gaming world. Despite her high ranking, she is afraid that her real self and virtual self are two different beings and is unsure if there will ever be a time when both can be merged as one. Who will stay true to herself until the very end?
Shiro (No Game No Life) vs Kafū Chino (Gochūmon wa Usagi Desu ka?)
SpoilerShow
Do not let their small stature deceive you; they are more mature than they appear. Shiro is the analytical person of the brother-sister duo. Everything she does is carefully calculated, creating the most optimal result in order to achieve victory. While she may be shy around strangers, once she gets to know them better, she becomes one of their most valuable allies. Because she worked at her family café for a long time, Kafū Chino is very polite and speaks in a formal manner. There have been many instances when she criticizes those who are older than her for acting immature. Once in a while, she will loosen up and try to enjoy life in a way a child her age would. Which of these two characters will find the courage to step out of her comfort zone in order to experience something new?
Satō Kazuma (KonoSuba) vs Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu)
SpoilerShow
It is not easy to always please a goddess, much less live a normal life while one is surrounded by an interesting assortment of friends. Although he is the laziest person of the group, Satō Kazuma is also the most reasonable one. Whenever any of his group members are caught in a dilemma, it is up to him to get them out of the situation. When any of his group members come up with brash ideas, it is up to him to reason with them. Their constant bickering may wear him down, but Kazuma enjoys this life more than anything else. Kyon wanted to make small talk with a mysterious, unorthodox student. Little did he know she would take over a majority of his life as she drags him around wherever she goes. Not only does Kyon need to make sure that she is continuously entertained, but also prevent her from knowing that the supernatural she was looking for is always around her. Life may be hectic, but he prefers that over a dull school life. Who will keep his sanity in check when it is all said and done?
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) vs Monkey D. Luffy (ONE PIECE)
SpoilerShow
Goals and dreams help push people forward. After a terrible incident that made him lose two limbs, Edward Elric decides to start a new life. Burning his house down, he sets off on a journey to find a way to get his brother's body back. If the Philosopher's Stone is truly as powerful as he thinks it is, Edward will do anything to get his hands on it, even if it means working for the government. An inspiring moment with his childhood hero made Monkey D. Luffy's aspirations of becoming a pirate even stronger. Not only does he want to earn the title "King of Pirates," he hopes that he would be able to reunite with his hero as a full-fledged pirate. Donning the hat that he treasures the most, Luffy sets his sight to find a team he can rely on to see his dreams bear fruit. Can Edward create his path to glory, or will Luffy stretch his way to victory?
Rimuru Tempest (Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken) vs Korosensei (Ansatsu Kyōshitsu)
SpoilerShow
Korosensei: Class, there is a blue ball and a yellow ball in the box. What is the probability that someone will draw a yellow ball from the box?
Shiota Nagisa: ½?
Korosensei: No, it is 1, because the yellow ball will extend its tentacles and stick it through the blue ball''s hand.
Rimuru: Nah. It is 0, because the blue ball will swallow the yellow ball in one big gulp.
Korosensei: Nuruhuhu. That isn't possible, because the yellow ball will dodge the blue ball in Mach 20 speed!
Rimuru: But, the blue ball will generate several threads that will catch the yellow ball like a fly in the spider web!
Korosensei: But, my slime makes me impervious to your sticky web, you inferior Nagisa clone!
Rimuru: Your octopus slime is no match for my true slime. Also, I'm prettier!
Korosensei: My students are prettier!
Shiota Nagisa: When will this childish bickering end?
Akabane Karma: Anyone got a picture of well-endowed, beautiful female in birthday suit?
(a few moments later)
Rimuru: Wow! Look at that! But, is it okay for this to be here?
Korosensei: A good teacher must not make his students feel suffocated.
Special thanks to WoodyMC, maglor, and Momento10 for contributing today's matches.
~Baumkuchen-kun~
Harem lead
Harem lead
Badges:
Melon Pan: 57
Wish: The best for all characters and to continue to see Sakurasou and No Game No Life as a growing community

Post by ~Baumkuchen-kun~ » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Riku Dola vs Lelouch Lamperouge
SpoilerShow
Two men stand before a nation that is at the midst of war. Both have felt loss in their initial efforts. Both have intertwined with fate the moment they met a special girl in their life. Both have went through hell and back, seizing their moments and had made a comeback for their people. Both had taken the biggest sacrifices to their life and asked their friend to carry on the nation that is saved. Lelouch may have taken a more violent approach towards finding peace and ridding the world of its evil, but he had chosen to lose all that he had in one fell swoop to have that original conviction prosper. Riku established himself to each and every country, losing his life little by little without shedding blood other than his own. Who will be able to stand their ground and prove their conviction is the strongest in the end?
#GiveMashiroWhatSheDeserves
ImageImageImage
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:44 am

Honma Meiko (AnoHana) vs Makinohara Shōko (AoButa)
SpoilerShow
There was a reason why they came to this world as they are now. For Honma Meiko, it was to rekindle the bonds that her friends made prior to her passing. She may not be visible to everyone, but she can still interact with them in ways only she can. As long as she can help her friends with their individual issues, she will be content. Makinohara Shōko's presence was a mystery to many, but for one boy, she saved him when he was at his lowest. Shōko saw a part of herself in the boy and wanted to the strength to help push him forward. She will be the guiding light whenever he feels he has lost his way. Will either of these girls finish the mission that was given to her?
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:34 am

Topaz 4
Honma Meiko (AnoHana) vs Makinohara Shōko (AoButa)
SpoilerShow
There was a reason why they came to this world as they are now. For Honma Meiko, it was to rekindle the bonds that her friends made prior to her passing. She may not be visible to everyone, but she can still interact with them in ways only she can. As long as she can help her friends with their individual issues, she will be content. Makinohara Shōko's presence was a mystery to many, but for one boy, she saved him when he was at his lowest. Shōko saw a part of herself in the boy and wanted to be the strength that will help push him forward. She wants to be the guiding light whenever he believes he has lost his way. Will either of these girls finish the mission that was given to her?
Riku Dola (No Game No Life) vs Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
SpoilerShow
Two men stand before a nation that is at the midst of war. Both have felt loss in their initial efforts. Both have intertwined with fate the moment they met a special girl in their life. Both have went through hell and back, seizing their moments and making a comeback for their people. Both had sacrificed their life and asked their friend to carry on the nation that was saved. Lelouch may have taken a more violent approach towards finding peace and ridding the world of its evil, but he chose to lose all that he had in one fell swoop to have that original conviction prosper. Riku established himself in each and every country, losing his life little by little without shedding blood other than his own. Who will be able to stand their ground and prove that their conviction is the strongest in the end?
Special thanks to WoodyMC, ~Baumkuchen-kun~, and Momento10 for contributing today's matches.
@~Baumkuchen-kun~ Great write-up. Only a few minor edits. Hope you can continue to submit write-ups for us whenever you are able to.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:18 am

Yuigahama Yui (OreGairu) vs Kasumigaoka Utaha (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata)
SpoilerShow
Someone needs to do something in order force their friends' hand, and if they must take that role, they will do so. Of the three members of the Service Club, Yuigahama Yui is the friendliest, able to empathize with others easily and understand their concerns from their perspective. Despite her cheerful appearance, she is more observant than people give her credit for. When she feels that her friends are lost and are in need of some guidance, it is up to her to provide them a path they can travel. Of the five members of her circle, Kasumigaoka Utaha is the most serious. As an established writer, she understands what is needed in order to push the plot forward in her novels and her everyday life. If she feels that her circle has gone stale or moved away from their true purpose, she will remind them of their mission and force some action to occur, even if the decisions they make a tough for everybody involved. Who will be able to rekindle the spark that made her group so great?
Emilia (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) vs Tokisaki Kurumi (Date A Live)
SpoilerShow
They refer to them as witches. They consider them heralds of evil. Even so, they do not care. Emilia is a gentle girl who takes care of others before taking care of herself. Because her appearance is similar to that of an old story, many people shun her and did not want to associate with her. Despite the hatred, Emilia tried her best to protect her people and made sure everyone around her was safe from harm. At first glance, Tokisaki Kurumi appears to be polite and sincere, but her true colors reveal otherwise. Because she sees the malice in people's hearts, she believes it is just to get rid of them for her own personal gain. She will do anything to see her goals accomplished until the very end. Will either girl be able to find solace for their pain and sadness?
Shirogane Kei (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Iino Miko (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai)
SpoilerShow
They may be younger than their main cast of friends, but they are the most stern and serious characters of their story. Although she is in junior high, Shirogane Kei is very mature, quickly understanding her family situation an adapting to her role in the household. She admires hard working people like her brother and wants to do her best to support her family any way she can. Kei may deny it, but she loves her family very much. Due to her parents work, Iino Miko is alone most of the time in her house. Because she admires them and the work they have done for society, she does her best to emulate their beliefs and principles in her own way. People may not like her strict attitude, but Miko will do whatever she can to make her school a proper and disciplined location. Who will be able to make the greatest use of their time when the spotlight is on her?
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Tokisaki Kurumi (Date A Live) vs Yukinoshita Yukino (OreGairu) vs Shinomiya Kaguya (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Misaka Mikoto (Toaru Series) vs Shiina Mashiro (Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo) vs Fujiwara Chika (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Sakurajima Mai (AoButa) vs Yuigahama Yui (OreGairu)
SpoilerShow
The Topaz Necklace, located in the center of the sun, can only be secured if one is able to harbor affection towards others. Sometimes, Tokisaki Kurumi showers too much attention to her person of interest. Part of it is her curiosity of how someone like himcould like someone like her, but another part is her desire to have him by her side forever. Yukinoshita Yukino may not openly admit it, but she does care about the people in her club as well as those who come to her club to seek assistance. She puts a lot of effort to make sure that their clients have everything they need in order to overcome their issues. While Shinomiya Kaguya has difficulty expressing her love for her romantic interest, she will do whatever she can to make him confess to her. All is fair in love and war, and she will use every tactic available to achieve her desired outcome. Not only does Misaka Mikoto care about the safety of her friends, but also the people of her city in general. If anyone tries to disrupt their life, it is her job to strike them down with a bolt of lightning. Shiina Mashiro is an enigma to some, but a genius to many. If her art is able to aspire those around her to do better, she will continue to work to her heart's content. Fujiwara Chika is known as a love detective for a reason. If anyone is caught gossiping about love, she will be on the case to give her two cents on how compatible two people are and other romantic topics. Sakurajima Mai always puts her friends and family's feelings above her own. If any of them are troubled, she is ready to lend an ear can will try to come up with a solution with them. Yuigahama Yui carefully observes the interaction between herself and her various social clicks. While she rarely gets a word in, she is not afraid to take the next step if she fears that her friends are about to break up. Who has it in her heart to reach out and grasp the coveted necklace?
Shirogane Miyuki (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Ishigami Yū (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Kamijō Tōma (Toaru Series) vs Ayanokōji Kiyotaka (Yōkoso Jitsuryoku Shijō Shugi no Kyōshitsu e) vs Tachibana Taki (Kimi no Na wa) vs Gilgamesh (Fate Series) vs Okazaki Tomoya (CLANNAD) vs Levi (Shingeki no Kyojin)
SpoilerShow
The Topaz Pendant can only be bestowed upon by those who showcase strong intelligence. Shirogane Miyuki studied diligently to become the student council president. To give back to his school, he listens to the worries of the students and tries to help them in the best way possible. Most of the time, people view Ishigami Yū as an anti-social student. However, he is actually very observant, wishing to see those who worked hard to achieve success. Kamijō Tōma will not waver his resolve. With his right hand, he will shatter the illusions of those who try to harm is family and friends. At first glance, Ayanokōji Kiyotaka appears nihilistic, not paying attention to the world around him. In spite of that, he is very cunning, willing to use any tactic to achieve the maximum number of points. By viewing various events from another person's perspective, Tachibana Taki was slowly able to piece together the mystery surrounding him and the body he possesses. By working together, he tries to create a world where everyone can peacefully be together. As a leader, Gilgamesh must execute every tactic swiftly and carefully. He will do whatever it takes in order to make sure his people live, prosper, and carry on the decades and centuries of their faith and tradition. Okazaki Tomoya may not be the brightest person in his class, but he does have the biggest heart. He is willing to listen to the troubles of his friends and figure out a way to make their wishes bear fruit. Levi will do whatever it takes to make sure he succeeds his missions with minimal casualties. Many people look up to him for orders and guidance, so it is his responsibility to make sure the decisions he made were not mistakes. Who will be able to secure the pendant once the dust settles?