RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

User avatar
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Posts: 2161
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina
Melon Pan: 50
Location: Otaku Community

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by 10ZHAbin » Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am

Yukina's win convinced me even more that Madoka had bad luck in Prelim.
User avatar
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Posts: 2523
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
Wish: Stay alive

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by tehyc » Sat May 03, 2014 11:20 am

maglor wrote:
SpoilerShow
Here is a weird thought I just had. If Mikoto had met Eucliwood for Aqua 7, I think Mikoto probably wouldn't be in the necklace group round. Again and again, I find Eucliwood killing Mikoto in matches whenever the stakes were high.

For more serious observation, the amount of struggles Nova division put up was just pathetic . It felt as if Nova girls were just happy to be there and was not interested in winning anything. Girls like Shiina Mashiro and Takanashi Rikka put up much more struggle in 2013 Aqua and Amethyst necklace compared to 2014 Aqua even when you adjust it for Mikoto vs Kanade factor. Heck! I believe most people were talking about Nova vs Kanade more than Mikoto vs Kanade before voting started, yet we still get this. This really makes me wonder if DaL girls are being treated as mere pawns by some of Mikoto or Hanakana fans.

Another thought is that Kanade fans might be masters of give and take. Mikoto's Aquamarine victory lets Kanade attract less attention to her for the rest of the regular season. Whenever someone talks about Kanade's dominance, they can simply point to this necklace group match and say "You should be worried about Mikoto, not us." Since Mikoto fans have repeatedly shown that they get burned out after match like this ( for example, Mikoto had less votes compared to Itsuka Kotori and Yoshino during the seven Aquamarine rounds ), Kanade fans can quietly wait until Mikoto fans get burned out and then quietly use one of their assassins to take out Mikoto if they don't have to remove her themselves. We've seen it happen in 2012 when Eucliwood killed Mikoto in Postseason Phase II. In 2013 when Kanade destroyed Mikoto during the two Postseason matches, with Eucliwood denying Mikoto even the 3rd place. Will this happen again? Can Mikoto fans exhibit the steadfast endurance of the Hanakana girls and Eucliwood, or at least hope the time needed for them to recharge is short enough to prepare them for the next big match?

Final parting shot. Mikoto made it only because she eeked out a close victory against Aragaki Ayase. Think what that means for rest of round 7 matches. Should her fans brush off those matches to recharge for the postseason, or should they fire up for those matches in hopes to demoralize their opponents? Mikoto fans really need to be thinking carefully. It might be that some Mikoto fans realize that Aquamarine period was the best chance Mikoto had of going 7-0 thus decided to throw in the last piggy bank they had into this match.
No doubt, when come to 1v1 match, Eucliwood can kill Mikoto, Eu even let Mikoto have 0 win against her in their 1v1 match. But if in a necklace match (7 girls FFA), in term of VF, Mikoto seems that will have more vote compared to Eu.

I think this give and take is quite a big one (if this is the case). Giving up a necklace will give Kanade more space to breath and far less attention than necklace winner (Mikoto). As Kanade herself is strong enough to even overkilled Eu, means that her main threat will only be Mikoto and Ruri. Since the threat are Ruri and Mikoto where she couldn't have 100% chance to win, so they will need to find a way to eliminate one (or both) of her threat when come to PS. If give away a necklace or two really able to let the other girls fan anti-voting Ruri and Mikoto, then why not? This is quite a complicated one.

About the Nova struggle, i don't think it can be sure yet. Maybe those DaL fans also a fans of Kanade and Mikoto, so they would rather choose the Stella Division girls than DaL? I think we will able to see the real situation after another necklace.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hajime Tanegashima
Familiar
Familiar
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 am
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by Hajime Tanegashima » Sat May 03, 2014 11:22 am

maglor wrote:This really makes me wonder if some DaL girls are being treated as mere pawns by some of Mikoto or Hanakana fans.
Corrected. That's exactly what I thought after Aqua 7. The NM results for DaL girls don't surprise me.
#BelieveInKurumi
User avatar
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Posts: 4822
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:09 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics
Location: Realm of Deceit

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by akumaxx » Sat May 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Not the best nor the worst.
Next year we won't see such post of "We need idea of posts for XXX", at least by now.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
User avatar
Nif
Bard
Bard
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:35 pm
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by Nif » Sat May 03, 2014 12:51 pm

Actually i think Mikoto winning this Necklace was just a number of lucky coincidences and maybe the revenge for winning nothing last year.

But to be honest....i think a lot of people are overestimating her strength right now. What Maglor said is abolutely correct, while she might be able to best any of the Nova girls, iam pretty sure that she has no chances of beating Kanade and (lets call her her Nemesis =P) Hellscythe in a 1v1 and will have severe problems against the likes of Ruri and maybe even Mashiro.

So iam really happy that she won Aquamarin. It doesnt even matter if she loses everything else this year. One piece of jewelry is enough and even if i say she is getting overestimated. in the end she will probably still be in the top 10 or even top 5 if she doesnt get sniped so...

At least we might see some new winners after Kanade gets the Amethyst Necklace maybe?
User avatar
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by avery-kun » Sat May 03, 2014 12:51 pm

This is probably a one time thing (again). Mikoto simple loves fighting and beating Kanade... once. When it comes to 1v1's and post-season, Mikoto will lose to Eu, and Kanade, and likely Kuroneko.
Image
User avatar
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Posts: 8809
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by maglor » Sat May 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Nif wrote:Actually i think Mikoto winning this Necklace was just a number of lucky coincidences and maybe the revenge for winning nothing last year.

But to be honest....i think a lot of people are overestimating her strength right now. What Maglor said is abolutely correct, while she might be able to best any of the Nova girls, iam pretty sure that she has no chances of beating Kanade and (lets call her her Nemesis =P) Hellscythe in a 1v1 and will have severe problems against the likes of Ruri and maybe even Mashiro.

So iam really happy that she won Aquamarin. It doesnt even matter if she loses everything else this year. One piece of jewelry is enough and even if i say she is getting overestimated. in the end she will probably still be in the top 10 or even top 5 if she doesnt get sniped so...

At least we might see some new winners after Kanade gets the Amethyst Necklace maybe?
Here is what I say to all the fans : If you want your character to win something, try your best long time before the main match for that something because no girl other than Mikoto has shown to be able to power up for only one match, and in case of Mikoto, at least in the past, she seemed to suffer from burn out after such event, which is something you probably don't want as well. You must do your best to steadily and gradually build up your character's strength. So, don't give a care about who is expected to win Amethyst Necklace. Try your best. Fight for it to your best ability, and hope that even in defeat, there will be some things to give your character's fan some hope for future.
avery-kun wrote:This is probably a one time thing (again). Mikoto simple loves fighting and beating Kanade... once. When it comes to 1v1's and post-season, Mikoto will lose to Eu, and Kanade, and likely Kuroneko.
But it doesn't have to be like that again. If Mikoto fans can learn to be more calm, steadfast, and be respectful of other fans, showing grace in victory and defeat similar to what many Kanade fans did till last year, Mikoto has chance to go 7-0 in Amethyst and perhaps win another hardware in ISML this year.
Image
User avatar
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by avery-kun » Sat May 03, 2014 1:56 pm

maglor wrote: But it doesn't have to be like that again. If Mikoto fans can learn to be more calm, steadfast, and be respectful of other fans, showing grace in victory and defeat similar to what many Kanade fans did till last year, Mikoto has chance to go 7-0 in Amethyst and perhaps win another hardware in ISML this year.
Hmm. That sounds too sensible to me.

"General, prepare the troops. We must support our DAL allies in the fight ahead."
Image
User avatar
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Posts: 8809
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by maglor » Sat May 03, 2014 2:02 pm

:onion77:
avery-kun wrote:
Hmm. That sounds too sensible to me.
"too sensible"?! o.o
Image
User avatar
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by avery-kun » Sat May 03, 2014 2:14 pm

maglor wrote: "too sensible"?! o.o
Well, collectively, Mikoto's loyal empire could become more calm, steadfast, and respectful, and this may help in the long term. Possible creating an better opportunity and chance for the Stella Diadem.

OR

They can wait in the darkness, remaining hidden until a once-in-a-year opportunity for a real victory emerges. To them, only Kanade matters... for now.
Image
User avatar
Nif
Bard
Bard
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:35 pm
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by Nif » Sat May 03, 2014 2:55 pm

I wish more people would think like that Maglor.

The problem is even if hundreds of us fans are humble and able of showing grace in victory and defeat, there is still often that one person who acts like a dumbass and destroys all the hard work of the others, since stupid words and actions are more memorable then nice actions (at least most of the time).

Of course that doesnt change that we have to at least try our best to change the point of view of those who had negative encounters with the community of a certain character, even when faced with this situation.

Its all the more humilating since most (in this certain case) Kanade fans are known for being quiet and respectful most of the time (i guess fitting the character they like) and Mikoto fans in general dont have that great a reputation...


This isnt even about winning more or something by giving a better impression. I dont really care about another piece of jewelry this year, as i already said before (even though i have to admit i wouldnt be unhappy about it either), but rather about reducing the hatred certain characters get because of their fanbase and the overall situation of the community. Something like being more respectful and friendly with each other no matter who the character is or what place (s)he is.
User avatar
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 am
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Love & Peace

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by Sphire » Sat May 03, 2014 3:20 pm

maglor wrote:
SpoilerShow
Here is a weird thought I just had. If Mikoto had met Eucliwood for Aqua 7, I think Mikoto probably wouldn't be in the necklace group round. Again and again, I find Eucliwood killing Mikoto in matches whenever the stakes were high.

For more serious observation, the amount of struggles Nova division put up was just pathetic . It felt as if Nova girls were just happy to be there and was not interested in winning anything. Girls like Shiina Mashiro and Takanashi Rikka put up much more struggle in 2013 Aqua and Amethyst necklace compared to 2014 Aqua even when you adjust it for Mikoto vs Kanade factor. Heck! I believe most people were talking about Nova vs Kanade more than Mikoto vs Kanade before voting started, yet we still get this. This really makes me wonder if DaL girls are being treated as mere pawns by some of Mikoto or Hanakana fans.

Another thought is that Kanade fans might be masters of give and take. Mikoto's Aquamarine victory lets Kanade attract less attention to her for the rest of the regular season. Whenever someone talks about Kanade's dominance, they can simply point to this necklace group match and say "You should be worried about Mikoto, not us." Since Mikoto fans have repeatedly shown that they get burned out after match like this ( for example, Mikoto had less votes compared to Itsuka Kotori and Yoshino during the seven Aquamarine rounds ), Kanade fans can quietly wait until Mikoto fans get burned out and then quietly use one of their assassins to take out Mikoto if they don't have to remove her themselves. We've seen it happen in 2012 when Eucliwood killed Mikoto in Postseason Phase II. In 2013 when Kanade destroyed Mikoto during the two Postseason matches, with Eucliwood denying Mikoto even the 3rd place. Will this happen again? Can Mikoto fans exhibit the steadfast endurance of the Hanakana girls and Eucliwood, or at least hope the time needed for them to recharge is short enough to prepare them for the next big match?

Final parting shot. Mikoto made it only because she eeked out a close victory against Aragaki Ayase. Think what that means for rest of round 7 matches. Should her fans brush off those matches to recharge for the postseason, or should they fire up for those matches in hopes to demoralize their opponents? Mikoto fans really need to be thinking carefully. It might be that some Mikoto fans realize that Aquamarine period was the best chance Mikoto had of going 7-0 thus decided to throw in the last piggy bank they had into this match.
Eh, Mikoto can beat Kanade. So while yes, Eu, Kuroneko, Mashiro and Taiga could beat Mikoto, it's not going to be 100% fact. Although, already having a necklace will probably make Mikoto's burnout even heavier. Even then, the necklace turnout has been there since Ruby last year, so yea. In 1 v 1, she just has more trouble getting the 'neutral' vote. The semis last year had her against Kanade, with Kuroneko vs Eucliwood in the other. That's a same day 'neutral' support that favours Kanade massively imo.

I highly, highly doubt that. Kanade would have 3 Tiaras if that was the case. They'll still go for Amethyst, and absolutely no one looks like a threat to challenge her. They even know now a 15 SDO difference can be overtaken. Is every Kanade loss going to be followed by her pulling her punches retorts?

Nova struggle is the biggest thing to see though, I agree. When Kanade showed up in 2011, she brought a good number of new voters with her. Until today, that number has remained steadfast, indicating to me that it's mostly the same people, with no new major influx of voters. So the DAL girls didn't bring in their own unique support, they just got many that were already here, who have other loyalties. Apparently falling into Kanade or Mikoto fangroups.

More than anything, this result makes this year feel like the repeat tiara winner year. We still have 40% who are 'neutrals', who manage to take girls like Ayase and have her almost beat Mikoto. But the neutral backing for Kanade is just massive, which barely broke through with Kuroneko last year. Who else can step up? Eucliwood already got owned in Aqua. Even Kuroneko beat Mashiro, although at least, like Ayase, that was close.
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
User avatar
TrueSuffering
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:10 am
Worships: Kamijou Touma, God of Correcting Lives
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: The destruction of 88% of humanity.
Location: Turn around and find out~

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by TrueSuffering » Sat May 03, 2014 4:02 pm

Nif wrote:
SpoilerShow
I wish more people would think like that Maglor.

The problem is even if hundreds of us fans are humble and able of showing grace in victory and defeat, there is still often that one person who acts like a dumbass and destroys all the hard work of the others, since stupid words and actions are more memorable then nice actions (at least most of the time).

Of course that doesnt change that we have to at least try our best to change the point of view of those who had negative encounters with the community of a certain character, even when faced with this situation.

Its all the more humilating since most (in this certain case) Kanade fans are known for being quiet and respectful most of the time (i guess fitting the character they like) and Mikoto fans in general dont have that great a reputation...


This isnt even about winning more or something by giving a better impression. I dont really care about another piece of jewelry this year, as i already said before (even though i have to admit i wouldnt be unhappy about it either), but rather about reducing the hatred certain characters get because of their fanbase and the overall situation of the community. Something like being more respectful and friendly with each other no matter who the character is or what place (s)he is.
I just want to point out that last year was a VERY irritating year for Mikoto fans which might be why most of us were pretty angry and annoying. Constant bad matches, losing necklaces despite winning the votes because her SDO was ridiculously low, and some pretty obvious sniping at many points. It was not a good year at all really. Looking back through the boards, KanaHana fans also weren't exactly very quiet.

As for the voting, geez, I honestly expected Mikoto to win the votes but lose the SDO for the millionth time. I'm happy she won though so it was a pleasant surprise but where did the DaL fans go? Were most of them actually Kurumi fans and got annoyed that she lost?
User avatar
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by avery-kun » Sat May 03, 2014 4:26 pm

I really expected a 3 way battle between Mikoto, Kanade, and Kotori. In that case Kanade would have likely won the necklace. Because it didn't happen like that, I doubt Kurumi would have done any better. The more likely scenario is that DAL doesn't have a unique base of voters, but are largely sourced from HanaKana's and Mikoto's camps.

The most likely outcomes I see moving forward is.

A) DAL voters and HanaKana voters are largely separate groups, thus the remaining necklaces are a back a forth between DAL and Kanade/Kuroneko. In this case, DAL needs to win Ruby over Kuroneko (or Amethyst over Kanade) to prove they are equals. And now they have an ally (or liability) thanks to Mikoto.

B) DAL voters are heavily sourced from HanaKana voters (just slightly stronger with Mikoto), leading to them being crushed come necklace rounds. They'll be fighting for Emerald and Topaz, after proving that they can't stand up to Stella's top tier. This case makes their chances for the Tiara next to nil. This also means the Tiara is likely going to fall back into the hands of a previous winner.

C) Yoshino is just waiting, biding her time. At the last moment she will launch a coup out of left field, conquer the Diadem and then the Tiara. Stella won't know what hit them.

D) There are going to be REALLY fun schedules and the necklaces don't matter. But this time, Mikoto fans can't complain about manipulation.
Image
User avatar
Nif
Bard
Bard
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:35 pm
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by Nif » Sat May 03, 2014 4:45 pm

TrueSuffering wrote:
Nif wrote:
SpoilerShow
I wish more people would think like that Maglor.

The problem is even if hundreds of us fans are humble and able of showing grace in victory and defeat, there is still often that one person who acts like a dumbass and destroys all the hard work of the others, since stupid words and actions are more memorable then nice actions (at least most of the time).

Of course that doesnt change that we have to at least try our best to change the point of view of those who had negative encounters with the community of a certain character, even when faced with this situation.

Its all the more humilating since most (in this certain case) Kanade fans are known for being quiet and respectful most of the time (i guess fitting the character they like) and Mikoto fans in general dont have that great a reputation...


This isnt even about winning more or something by giving a better impression. I dont really care about another piece of jewelry this year, as i already said before (even though i have to admit i wouldnt be unhappy about it either), but rather about reducing the hatred certain characters get because of their fanbase and the overall situation of the community. Something like being more respectful and friendly with each other no matter who the character is or what place (s)he is.
I just want to point out that last year was a VERY irritating year for Mikoto fans which might be why most of us were pretty angry and annoying. Constant bad matches, losing necklaces despite winning the votes because her SDO was ridiculously low, and some pretty obvious sniping at many points. It was not a good year at all really. Looking back through the boards, KanaHana fans also weren't exactly very quiet.

As for the voting, geez, I honestly expected Mikoto to win the votes but lose the SDO for the millionth time. I'm happy she won though so it was a pleasant surprise but where did the DaL fans go? Were most of them actually Kurumi fans and got annoyed that she lost?
Yeah i remember last year quiet well =D

I am a very big Mikoto fan myself and damn it was though. So much hope with her new season running as well. And then going home with nothing in the end except for being the first to beat Kanade for i dont know how long was really painful

But nobody could predict that Ayase would be as strong as she became through oreimo 2 and that she would become the massive SDO tool she was in the end. Also even though Mikoto did great in the Necklace rounds back then, we were not able to beat Hellscythe in Aquamarin (which was also her round to meet Ayase, who wasnt strong there yet, because her episodes didnt air yet, so not giving a lot of SDO) and Kuroneko in....aw i forgot...well whatever those were the round where she could have had an okay SDO and those were the rounds she went 6/1 (even though it were close matches most of the time) so in the end, even though there was a lot of bad luck, i guess it was our fault for not promoting enough or stuff like that.

@ avery-kun

Options A) and B) seem like they could be at least partially the case

As for C)....I dont think Yoshino as a character is strong enough to overturn the odds like that....maybe Kotori and Kurumi (who surprised me when she lost against Kotori to be honest.)

And D) should be the case anyway! =D i am looking forward to alot of matches.
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat May 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Nif wrote:
TrueSuffering wrote:
Nif wrote:
SpoilerShow
I wish more people would think like that Maglor.

The problem is even if hundreds of us fans are humble and able of showing grace in victory and defeat, there is still often that one person who acts like a dumbass and destroys all the hard work of the others, since stupid words and actions are more memorable then nice actions (at least most of the time).

Of course that doesnt change that we have to at least try our best to change the point of view of those who had negative encounters with the community of a certain character, even when faced with this situation.

Its all the more humilating since most (in this certain case) Kanade fans are known for being quiet and respectful most of the time (i guess fitting the character they like) and Mikoto fans in general dont have that great a reputation...


This isnt even about winning more or something by giving a better impression. I dont really care about another piece of jewelry this year, as i already said before (even though i have to admit i wouldnt be unhappy about it either), but rather about reducing the hatred certain characters get because of their fanbase and the overall situation of the community. Something like being more respectful and friendly with each other no matter who the character is or what place (s)he is.
I just want to point out that last year was a VERY irritating year for Mikoto fans which might be why most of us were pretty angry and annoying. Constant bad matches, losing necklaces despite winning the votes because her SDO was ridiculously low, and some pretty obvious sniping at many points. It was not a good year at all really. Looking back through the boards, KanaHana fans also weren't exactly very quiet.

As for the voting, geez, I honestly expected Mikoto to win the votes but lose the SDO for the millionth time. I'm happy she won though so it was a pleasant surprise but where did the DaL fans go? Were most of them actually Kurumi fans and got annoyed that she lost?
Yeah i remember last year quiet well =D

I am a very big Mikoto fan myself and damn it was though. So much hope with her new season running as well. And then going home with nothing in the end except for being the first to beat Kanade for i dont know how long was really painful

But nobody could predict that Ayase would be as strong as she became through oreimo 2 and that she would become the massive SDO tool she was in the end. Also even though Mikoto did great in the Necklace rounds back then, we were not able to beat Hellscythe in Aquamarin (which was also her round to meet Ayase, who wasnt strong there yet, because her episodes didnt air yet, so not giving a lot of SDO) and Kuroneko in....aw i forgot...well whatever those were the round where she could have had an okay SDO and those were the rounds she went 6/1 (even though it were close matches most of the time) so in the end, even though there was a lot of bad luck, i guess it was our fault for not promoting enough or stuff like that.

@ avery-kun

Options A) and B) seem like they could be at least partially the case

As for C)....I dont think Yoshino as a character is strong enough to overturn the odds like that....maybe Kotori and Kurumi (who surprised me when she lost against Kotori to be honest.)

And D) should be the case anyway! =D i am looking forward to alot of matches.

Actually, Mikoto has been largely unpredictable for her strength, mostly due to how inconsistent some of the important matches.

Since 2010, when she lost her tiara to Mio, then winning her tiara at 2011. Her results are fluctuaing sometimes. At 2012, she did not qualify for Semifinals. At 2013, she beat Kanade with some room to spare during Topaz and yet lost to her during Semi.
Surely this has something to do with how Mikoto is doing

Or, if I'm talking rubbish disregard this message
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Posts: 2788
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:22 pm
Badges:
Image
Worships: God, the real one
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true
Location: Shioshishio

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by blaZofgold » Sat May 03, 2014 5:27 pm

It's funny how Mikoto can suddenly just explode out of nowhere with insane support and then immediately fizzle out into oblivion...it suits her character way too well.

Kanade better not intrude on Ruri's Amethyst Necklace.
Image
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat May 03, 2014 5:31 pm

blaZofgold wrote:It's funny how Mikoto can suddenly just explode out of nowhere with insane support and then immediately fizzle out into oblivion...it suits her character way too well.

Kanade better not intrude on Ruri's Amethyst Necklace.

But then again, who knows whether Ruri has to fight Kanade in Amethyst.
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by avery-kun » Sat May 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:It's funny how Mikoto can suddenly just explode out of nowhere with insane support and then immediately fizzle out into oblivion...it suits her character way too well.

Kanade better not intrude on Ruri's Amethyst Necklace.

But then again, who knows whether Ruri has to fight Kanade in Amethyst.
Kanade v Kuroneko in Amethyst? The Staff wouldn't do that to us would they? Would they?

I hope they do.
Image
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat May 03, 2014 5:55 pm

avery-kun wrote:
Fuijiwara wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:It's funny how Mikoto can suddenly just explode out of nowhere with insane support and then immediately fizzle out into oblivion...it suits her character way too well.

Kanade better not intrude on Ruri's Amethyst Necklace.

But then again, who knows whether Ruri has to fight Kanade in Amethyst.
Kanade v Kuroneko in Amethyst? The Staff wouldn't do that to us would they? Would they?

I hope they do.

If they were willing to destroy many SDOs here, I for one would not be surprised.
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Locked